Baby SnapperElena Duggan
- 1.2kg Snapper (tilapia, barramundi also work well when local and in season), scaled, gutted, and cleaned
- 100g Potato starch/ arrowroot/ rice flour
- 25g Coriander, leaves only
- 25g Mint, leaves only
- 25g Vietnamese mint, leaves only
- 25g Holy basil, leaves only
- 1jar (150g?) Tamarind paste
- 150g Sweet chili sauce
- up to 50g Tamari
- up to 50g Fish sauce
- up to 50g Stevia
- up to 100g Water, to loosen
- 2 serves cooked rice
- 25g Crispy fried shallots
- 5 Spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 long Red chilies, finely sliced
- Lime wedges
- Heat oil in a large wok until approx. 165° Celsius or a medium high heat.
- While oil is coming to heat, place tamarind and sweet chili sauce in a small saucepan, place half the tamari, fish sauce and stevia in and stir to combine – adjust seasoning to taste with remaining ingredients. Loosen with water if desired. Sauce should predominantly be sour, with a bit of a salty and spicy kick. Leave on a very gentle simmer so you can serve sauce warm to hot in temperature.
- To prepare the fish, score the flesh vertically and horizontally to create cubes of flesh. Lightly flour with starch of choice and shake of any excess.
- When oil has come to heat, gently slide fish in so it takes the shape of the bottom of the wok. If fish is completely submerged, no agitation is required. If fish nose or tail is sticking out of oil, gently and carefully ladle oil over for up to five minutes, then let cook for a further 2-3minutes. You can gently lift fish out of oil using two implements to inspect flesh is cooked through to the bones exposed via the scoring. Drain above oil as best as possible or place on a cooling/ draining rack briefly before serving.
- During the final 2-3minutes of cooking, prepare the platter but placing rice down the centre to create some height for the fish to sit on top of. Using half of all salad and topping ingredients, scatter all over rice.
- Place fish on top of the rice, if the cavity is easily opened, you can place the open fish belly atop the rice so it’s standing upright. Scatter remaining herbs and toppings and spoon over sauce generously. Serve immediately.
- Gluten free
- Grain free, optional
- Low Fructose / Minimal sugar
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...