Baked Pizza FrittataSimone Austin
- 3 scoops Ensure Vanilla Powder
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 small red capsicum, diced
- 2 slices (40g) smoked ham, chopped
- 2/3 cup tomato pasta sauce
- 6 black olives sliced
- ½ teaspoon chilli flakes (if desired)
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- ¾ cup tasty grated cheese
- Fresh basil leaves, to serve
- Toasted sliced baguette, to serve
- Heat oil in a 26cm, ovenproof frying pan over medium heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes or until onion has softened. Add capsicum and ham. Cook, stirring, until capsicum is tender. Stir in olives and 2 tablespoons pasta sauce.
- Mix the Ensure Vanilla powder with the milk. Whisk eggs and Ensure milk mixture together in a large bowl. Pour over mixture in pan and tip to distribute evenly.
- Reduce heat to low. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until almost set (mixture will wobble slightly in the centre). Top with cheese, dollop with remaining pasta sauce and sprinkle with chilli flakes if desired.
- Preheat grill on high. Grill frittata for 3 minutes or until top is golden and mixture has set. Stand for 2 minutes. Sprinkle with basil leaves. Serve with toasted baguette slices and green salad.
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...