BBQ Chicken, Mascarpone and MarjoramTobie Puttock
- 1 free-range corn fed chicken, about 1.5kg. Boned
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped marjoram
- 4-tablespoon mascarpone cheese
- 4 slices of prosciutto, finely chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 20g butter
- Juice of 1.5 lemons
- 1 brick wrapped in aluminium foil
- Remove both sides of the chicken; reserve the carcass for a stock.
- Mix the marjoram, chopped prosciutto, mascarpone and season to taste.
- Use your fingers to carefully loosen the skin from the flesh to create two pockets, one at the breast end and one at the leg end.
- Place a large tablespoonful of the mascarpone mixture into each of the pockets. Season the outside of the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Place a large non-stick pan over a medium/ high heat and add the butter and a tablespoon of olive oil, jiggle the pan to combine the two and once the butter starts to sizzle carefully lay in the two chicken halves skin side down, side by side.
- Reduce the heat to medium/low and then place the brick on top of the chicken. Cook the chicken for around 7-8 minutes on each side, turning only once and checking from time to time to be sure that it’s not burning. If it is colouring too quickly simply reduce the heat.
- Test the chicken to make sure it’s cooked by pulling a leg away from the body, if the juices run pink you need to cook the chicken until the juices run clear.
- When the chicken is cooked, place the pan over a medium heat and squeeze in the lemon juice to combine with the mascarpone that’s run into the base of the pan from the chicken. Turn the chicken so that it’s coated with the mascarpone and lemon mixture.
- Serve hot
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Chardonnay.
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...