BBQ Chicken, Mascarpone and MarjoramTobie Puttock
- 1 free-range corn fed chicken, about 1.5kg. Boned
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped marjoram
- 4-tablespoon mascarpone cheese
- 4 slices of prosciutto, finely chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 20g butter
- Juice of 1.5 lemons
- 1 brick wrapped in aluminium foil
- Remove both sides of the chicken; reserve the carcass for a stock.
- Mix the marjoram, chopped prosciutto, mascarpone and season to taste.
- Use your fingers to carefully loosen the skin from the flesh to create two pockets, one at the breast end and one at the leg end.
- Place a large tablespoonful of the mascarpone mixture into each of the pockets. Season the outside of the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Place a large non-stick pan over a medium/ high heat and add the butter and a tablespoon of olive oil, jiggle the pan to combine the two and once the butter starts to sizzle carefully lay in the two chicken halves skin side down, side by side.
- Reduce the heat to medium/low and then place the brick on top of the chicken. Cook the chicken for around 7-8 minutes on each side, turning only once and checking from time to time to be sure that it’s not burning. If it is colouring too quickly simply reduce the heat.
- Test the chicken to make sure it’s cooked by pulling a leg away from the body, if the juices run pink you need to cook the chicken until the juices run clear.
- When the chicken is cooked, place the pan over a medium heat and squeeze in the lemon juice to combine with the mascarpone that’s run into the base of the pan from the chicken. Turn the chicken so that it’s coated with the mascarpone and lemon mixture.
- Serve hot
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Chardonnay.
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...