BBQ Chicken, Mascarpone and MarjoramTobie Puttock
- 1 free-range corn fed chicken, about 1.5kg. Boned
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped marjoram
- 4-tablespoon mascarpone cheese
- 4 slices of prosciutto, finely chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 20g butter
- Juice of 1.5 lemons
- 1 brick wrapped in aluminium foil
- Remove both sides of the chicken; reserve the carcass for a stock.
- Mix the marjoram, chopped prosciutto, mascarpone and season to taste.
- Use your fingers to carefully loosen the skin from the flesh to create two pockets, one at the breast end and one at the leg end.
- Place a large tablespoonful of the mascarpone mixture into each of the pockets. Season the outside of the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Place a large non-stick pan over a medium/ high heat and add the butter and a tablespoon of olive oil, jiggle the pan to combine the two and once the butter starts to sizzle carefully lay in the two chicken halves skin side down, side by side.
- Reduce the heat to medium/low and then place the brick on top of the chicken. Cook the chicken for around 7-8 minutes on each side, turning only once and checking from time to time to be sure that it’s not burning. If it is colouring too quickly simply reduce the heat.
- Test the chicken to make sure it’s cooked by pulling a leg away from the body, if the juices run pink you need to cook the chicken until the juices run clear.
- When the chicken is cooked, place the pan over a medium heat and squeeze in the lemon juice to combine with the mascarpone that’s run into the base of the pan from the chicken. Turn the chicken so that it’s coated with the mascarpone and lemon mixture.
- Serve hot
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Chardonnay.
Picnic Cheese Board
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Roasted Brussel Sprout Salad
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Salt & Pepper Squid Cones
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Zucchini Flower & Ricotta Tart
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
Orecchiette with Broccolini
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Okonomiyaki (Japanese Pancake)
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...