BLAT BowlElena Duggan
- 6 Rashers Hickory Smoked Bacon, cooked till crispy, cooled
- 1 punnet Perino / Sweet bite tomatoes, quartered
- 1 Avocado
- ½ Lemon, juice only
- 1 Green oak lettuce
- 50g Beetroot Relish (try our homemade recipe here)
- 25g Black sesame seeds
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, peeled, deseeded, sliced on an angle
- 2 Soft boiled eggs
- ½ bunch Fresh chives
- ½ bunch Basil leaves
- 50g Jalna Greek Yoghurt
- 50g Olive Oil
- ½ lemon, zest and juice
- White pepper, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Roll the bacon up onto itself lengthways. Place two toothpicks in a cross fashion into the bacon to secure. Place into a loaf tray standing up.
- Cook bacon in oven for approximately 10 minutes until crispy.
- Ensure avocado is lightly dressed in lemon juice to avoid oxidation. Cut in half and scoop out the flesh, keeping it whole. Once peeled, gently press the flesh of the avocado into the sesame seeds.
- Divide salad ingredients in two and place ingredients into serving bowls, so each is visible. Make sure you remove the toothpicks from the bacon roses!
- To prepare dressing, blitz ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
- Drizzle dressing over salad bowls as generously as desired.
- Grain free
- Gluten free
- LFHC/ Keto friendly
- Low fructose
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...