BLAT BowlElena Duggan
- 6 Rashers Hickory Smoked Bacon, cooked till crispy, cooled
- 1 punnet Perino / Sweet bite tomatoes, quartered
- 1 Avocado
- ½ Lemon, juice only
- 1 Green oak lettuce
- 50g Beetroot Relish (try our homemade recipe here)
- 25g Black sesame seeds
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, peeled, deseeded, sliced on an angle
- 2 Soft boiled eggs
- ½ bunch Fresh chives
- ½ bunch Basil leaves
- 50g Jalna Greek Yoghurt
- 50g Olive Oil
- ½ lemon, zest and juice
- White pepper, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Roll the bacon up onto itself lengthways. Place two toothpicks in a cross fashion into the bacon to secure. Place into a loaf tray standing up.
- Cook bacon in oven for approximately 10 minutes until crispy.
- Ensure avocado is lightly dressed in lemon juice to avoid oxidation. Cut in half and scoop out the flesh, keeping it whole. Once peeled, gently press the flesh of the avocado into the sesame seeds.
- Divide salad ingredients in two and place ingredients into serving bowls, so each is visible. Make sure you remove the toothpicks from the bacon roses!
- To prepare dressing, blitz ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
- Drizzle dressing over salad bowls as generously as desired.
- Grain free
- Gluten free
- LFHC/ Keto friendly
- Low fructose
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...