BLAT BowlElena Duggan
- 6 Rashers Hickory Smoked Bacon, cooked till crispy, cooled
- 1 punnet Perino / Sweet bite tomatoes, quartered
- 1 Avocado
- ½ Lemon, juice only
- 1 Green oak lettuce
- 50g Beetroot Relish (try our homemade recipe here)
- 25g Black sesame seeds
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, peeled, deseeded, sliced on an angle
- 2 Soft boiled eggs
- ½ bunch Fresh chives
- ½ bunch Basil leaves
- 50g Jalna Greek Yoghurt
- 50g Olive Oil
- ½ lemon, zest and juice
- White pepper, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Roll the bacon up onto itself lengthways. Place two toothpicks in a cross fashion into the bacon to secure. Place into a loaf tray standing up.
- Cook bacon in oven for approximately 10 minutes until crispy.
- Ensure avocado is lightly dressed in lemon juice to avoid oxidation. Cut in half and scoop out the flesh, keeping it whole. Once peeled, gently press the flesh of the avocado into the sesame seeds.
- Divide salad ingredients in two and place ingredients into serving bowls, so each is visible. Make sure you remove the toothpicks from the bacon roses!
- To prepare dressing, blitz ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
- Drizzle dressing over salad bowls as generously as desired.
- Grain free
- Gluten free
- LFHC/ Keto friendly
- Low fructose
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...