BLAT BowlElena Duggan
- 6 Rashers Hickory Smoked Bacon, cooked till crispy, cooled
- 1 punnet Perino / Sweet bite tomatoes, quartered
- 1 Avocado
- ½ Lemon, juice only
- 1 Green oak lettuce
- 50g Beetroot Relish (try our homemade recipe here)
- 25g Black sesame seeds
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, peeled, deseeded, sliced on an angle
- 2 Soft boiled eggs
- ½ bunch Fresh chives
- ½ bunch Basil leaves
- 50g Jalna Greek Yoghurt
- 50g Olive Oil
- ½ lemon, zest and juice
- White pepper, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Roll the bacon up onto itself lengthways. Place two toothpicks in a cross fashion into the bacon to secure. Place into a loaf tray standing up.
- Cook bacon in oven for approximately 10 minutes until crispy.
- Ensure avocado is lightly dressed in lemon juice to avoid oxidation. Cut in half and scoop out the flesh, keeping it whole. Once peeled, gently press the flesh of the avocado into the sesame seeds.
- Divide salad ingredients in two and place ingredients into serving bowls, so each is visible. Make sure you remove the toothpicks from the bacon roses!
- To prepare dressing, blitz ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
- Drizzle dressing over salad bowls as generously as desired.
- Grain free
- Gluten free
- LFHC/ Keto friendly
- Low fructose
Picnic Cheese Board
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Roasted Brussel Sprout Salad
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Salt & Pepper Squid Cones
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Zucchini Flower & Ricotta Tart
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
Orecchiette with Broccolini
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Okonomiyaki (Japanese Pancake)
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...