Cauliflower SoupJoel Feren
- 200ml Glucerna ready to drink
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 500g white potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1L vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp. fresh thyme leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cream and parsley to garnish
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over a medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and cook for 3 minutes or until onion has softened. Add cauliflower and potato and continue stirring for 5 minutes.
- Add stock and thyme leaves, cover and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until vegetables are soft. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Add Glucerna and blitz with a stick blender until smooth.
Garnish with parsley and cream and serve with crunchy bread.
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...