Dry Tuna Laksa PastaKaren Chan
- 185g Safcol Tuna in Springwater, drained
- 2 anchovy filets in olive oil
- 100g angel hair pasta
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- Wedge of lime
- 2tbs oil
- 4 kaffir lime leaves, finely sliced
- 1 shallot
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 slices ginger
- 1 stalk lemongrass, whites only, finely sliced or 1 tbs minced lemongrass
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 large red chili or 1tsp mild chili powder
- On 2 cooking burners, use 1 to heat a frying pan on medium heat, and the other to bring a pot of water to boil (for pasta).
- In a mortar and pestle, pound all ingredients for spice mix to form a paste.
- Into a hot pan, add anchovy filet and break it up before adding oil and then spice mix. Stir-fry until fragrant, about 3-5 minutes. Add tuna and half the kaffir lime leaves.
- While the spice paste is frying, boil pasta until al-dente and then drain.
- Add the pasta into the pan with the tuna and paste, and pour in coconut milk. Stir to coat pasta with the laksa sauce.
- Season with salt and then pour onto a serving plate. Garnish with remaining kaffir lime leaves and serve with a wedge of lime.
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...