Dry Tuna Laksa PastaKaren Chan
- 185g Safcol Tuna in Springwater, drained
- 2 anchovy filets in olive oil
- 100g angel hair pasta
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- Wedge of lime
- 2tbs oil
- 4 kaffir lime leaves, finely sliced
- 1 shallot
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 slices ginger
- 1 stalk lemongrass, whites only, finely sliced or 1 tbs minced lemongrass
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 large red chili or 1tsp mild chili powder
- On 2 cooking burners, use 1 to heat a frying pan on medium heat, and the other to bring a pot of water to boil (for pasta).
- In a mortar and pestle, pound all ingredients for spice mix to form a paste.
- Into a hot pan, add anchovy filet and break it up before adding oil and then spice mix. Stir-fry until fragrant, about 3-5 minutes. Add tuna and half the kaffir lime leaves.
- While the spice paste is frying, boil pasta until al-dente and then drain.
- Add the pasta into the pan with the tuna and paste, and pour in coconut milk. Stir to coat pasta with the laksa sauce.
- Season with salt and then pour onto a serving plate. Garnish with remaining kaffir lime leaves and serve with a wedge of lime.
Ingredients: 300ml milk, plus extra 7g sachet of dried yeast 25g white caster sugar 50g shortening or lard 425g plain flour, plus extra 20g polenta, optional Unsalted butter Method: Gently warm the milk in a pan until lukewarm or body temperature, 37ºC. Add the yeast...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Ingredients: 1 medium cauliflower, leaves and stalk trimmed, cut into wedges 400g can lentils, drained and rinsed 1 small white onion, thinly sliced Juice of 1/2 lemon 1 1/2 tbsp extra virgin...
Ingredients:For Dough: 500g plain flour 190g cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes ½ tsp salt 60ml warm water 1 egg, at room temperature and whisked For Filling: 600g smoked ham, diced 200g mozzarella, diced 200g cheddar, diced 200g brown onion, diced 80g...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Massel Ingredients: 500g gnocchi 2 potatoes, diced 1 clove of garlic, chopped 1 tsp dried chillies 1 leek, sliced 2 rosemary sprigs 100g pancetta, rind removed and diced 500ml Massel Veg Stock Method:...
Ingredients: 1 head cauliflower, cut into pieces 1 green banana chilli, sliced 1 bunch mint, picked 1 cup Indian style yoghurt Pinch of sea salt flakes ½ tsp garam masala powder ¼ tsp dry mango powder ¼ tsp fenugreek powder Vegetable oil for frying Method: Fry...
Ingredients: 500g good quality spaghettini Table salt (for pasta water) 8 birdseye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped ½ bunch flat leaf parsley, washed and chopped finely, stem and leaf 250ml olive oil Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste A...