Dry Tuna Laksa PastaKaren Chan
- 185g Safcol Tuna in Springwater, drained
- 2 anchovy filets in olive oil
- 100g angel hair pasta
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- Wedge of lime
- 2tbs oil
- 4 kaffir lime leaves, finely sliced
- 1 shallot
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 slices ginger
- 1 stalk lemongrass, whites only, finely sliced or 1 tbs minced lemongrass
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 large red chili or 1tsp mild chili powder
- On 2 cooking burners, use 1 to heat a frying pan on medium heat, and the other to bring a pot of water to boil (for pasta).
- In a mortar and pestle, pound all ingredients for spice mix to form a paste.
- Into a hot pan, add anchovy filet and break it up before adding oil and then spice mix. Stir-fry until fragrant, about 3-5 minutes. Add tuna and half the kaffir lime leaves.
- While the spice paste is frying, boil pasta until al-dente and then drain.
- Add the pasta into the pan with the tuna and paste, and pour in coconut milk. Stir to coat pasta with the laksa sauce.
- Season with salt and then pour onto a serving plate. Garnish with remaining kaffir lime leaves and serve with a wedge of lime.
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...