Dutch Pea and Ham SoupElena Duggan
- 500g Bacon, skin removed, diced
- 500g Green split peas (1 packet)
- 100g Carrot
- 250g White onions, finely diced
- 250g Celery with leaves, finely diced
- 250g Potatoes, finely diced
- 2med Leeks, finely sliced
- 2 cloves Garlic, diced
- ½tsp Dried thyme
- ¼tsp Ground nutmeg
- ¼tsp Ground cloves
- 2L Water or chicken stock, reduced salt, additional may be needed
- Finely ground black pepper to serve
- Additional speck to serve
- Rye bread to serve
- Butter to serve
- In a slow cooker, place bacon, split peas, and stock and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until split peas are tender.
- Add vegetables, garlic, herbs and spices and cook for an additional 2-3 hours. Add additional water if necessary to cover all ingredients.
- Season with pepper and/or additional spices to taste before cooking for an additional hour. Up to 8 hours in total is likely to gain desired consistency.
- If you prefer your soup with chunky chewable pieces, serve as is. Alternatively and more commonly, using a stick blender, blitz until desired smooth consistency is achieved.
- Serve with fried crispy cubes of speck, alongside rye bread with lashings of butter.
- Gluten free
- Grain free
- Moderate Fructose / zero refined sugar
- Keto Friendly
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...