Dutch Pea and Ham SoupElena Duggan
- 500g Bacon, skin removed, diced
- 500g Green split peas (1 packet)
- 100g Carrot
- 250g White onions, finely diced
- 250g Celery with leaves, finely diced
- 250g Potatoes, finely diced
- 2med Leeks, finely sliced
- 2 cloves Garlic, diced
- ½tsp Dried thyme
- ¼tsp Ground nutmeg
- ¼tsp Ground cloves
- 2L Water or chicken stock, reduced salt, additional may be needed
- Finely ground black pepper to serve
- Additional speck to serve
- Rye bread to serve
- Butter to serve
- In a slow cooker, place bacon, split peas, and stock and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until split peas are tender.
- Add vegetables, garlic, herbs and spices and cook for an additional 2-3 hours. Add additional water if necessary to cover all ingredients.
- Season with pepper and/or additional spices to taste before cooking for an additional hour. Up to 8 hours in total is likely to gain desired consistency.
- If you prefer your soup with chunky chewable pieces, serve as is. Alternatively and more commonly, using a stick blender, blitz until desired smooth consistency is achieved.
- Serve with fried crispy cubes of speck, alongside rye bread with lashings of butter.
- Gluten free
- Grain free
- Moderate Fructose / zero refined sugar
- Keto Friendly
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...