Dutch Pea and Ham SoupElena Duggan
- 500g Bacon, skin removed, diced
- 500g Green split peas (1 packet)
- 100g Carrot
- 250g White onions, finely diced
- 250g Celery with leaves, finely diced
- 250g Potatoes, finely diced
- 2med Leeks, finely sliced
- 2 cloves Garlic, diced
- ½tsp Dried thyme
- ¼tsp Ground nutmeg
- ¼tsp Ground cloves
- 2L Water or chicken stock, reduced salt, additional may be needed
- Finely ground black pepper to serve
- Additional speck to serve
- Rye bread to serve
- Butter to serve
- In a slow cooker, place bacon, split peas, and stock and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until split peas are tender.
- Add vegetables, garlic, herbs and spices and cook for an additional 2-3 hours. Add additional water if necessary to cover all ingredients.
- Season with pepper and/or additional spices to taste before cooking for an additional hour. Up to 8 hours in total is likely to gain desired consistency.
- If you prefer your soup with chunky chewable pieces, serve as is. Alternatively and more commonly, using a stick blender, blitz until desired smooth consistency is achieved.
- Serve with fried crispy cubes of speck, alongside rye bread with lashings of butter.
- Gluten free
- Grain free
- Moderate Fructose / zero refined sugar
- Keto Friendly
Ingredients: 300ml milk, plus extra 7g sachet of dried yeast 25g white caster sugar 50g shortening or lard 425g plain flour, plus extra 20g polenta, optional Unsalted butter Method: Gently warm the milk in a pan until lukewarm or body temperature, 37ºC. Add the yeast...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Ingredients: 1 medium cauliflower, leaves and stalk trimmed, cut into wedges 400g can lentils, drained and rinsed 1 small white onion, thinly sliced Juice of 1/2 lemon 1 1/2 tbsp extra virgin...
Ingredients:For Dough: 500g plain flour 190g cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes ½ tsp salt 60ml warm water 1 egg, at room temperature and whisked For Filling: 600g smoked ham, diced 200g mozzarella, diced 200g cheddar, diced 200g brown onion, diced 80g...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Massel Ingredients: 500g gnocchi 2 potatoes, diced 1 clove of garlic, chopped 1 tsp dried chillies 1 leek, sliced 2 rosemary sprigs 100g pancetta, rind removed and diced 500ml Massel Veg Stock Method:...
Ingredients: 1 head cauliflower, cut into pieces 1 green banana chilli, sliced 1 bunch mint, picked 1 cup Indian style yoghurt Pinch of sea salt flakes ½ tsp garam masala powder ¼ tsp dry mango powder ¼ tsp fenugreek powder Vegetable oil for frying Method: Fry...
Ingredients: 500g good quality spaghettini Table salt (for pasta water) 8 birdseye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped ½ bunch flat leaf parsley, washed and chopped finely, stem and leaf 250ml olive oil Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste A...