Dutch Pea and Ham SoupElena Duggan
- 500g Bacon, skin removed, diced
- 500g Green split peas (1 packet)
- 100g Carrot
- 250g White onions, finely diced
- 250g Celery with leaves, finely diced
- 250g Potatoes, finely diced
- 2med Leeks, finely sliced
- 2 cloves Garlic, diced
- ½tsp Dried thyme
- ¼tsp Ground nutmeg
- ¼tsp Ground cloves
- 2L Water or chicken stock, reduced salt, additional may be needed
- Finely ground black pepper to serve
- Additional speck to serve
- Rye bread to serve
- Butter to serve
- In a slow cooker, place bacon, split peas, and stock and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until split peas are tender.
- Add vegetables, garlic, herbs and spices and cook for an additional 2-3 hours. Add additional water if necessary to cover all ingredients.
- Season with pepper and/or additional spices to taste before cooking for an additional hour. Up to 8 hours in total is likely to gain desired consistency.
- If you prefer your soup with chunky chewable pieces, serve as is. Alternatively and more commonly, using a stick blender, blitz until desired smooth consistency is achieved.
- Serve with fried crispy cubes of speck, alongside rye bread with lashings of butter.
- Gluten free
- Grain free
- Moderate Fructose / zero refined sugar
- Keto Friendly
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...