Haloumi and FigsElena Duggan
- 250g halloumi
- 100g hazelnuts, lightly toasted and roughly chopped
- 25g orange blossom water (or orange zest)
- 100g Honey
- 1 bunch fresh oregano, leaves only
- 8 medium figs
- Cut the tip off the fig. Slice half the figs in lengthways, quarters and some in discs.
- Slice halloumi into 75mm -1cm slices. Drizzle extra virgin olive oil over the top of the halloumi.
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Heat honey and orange blossom water in a small saucepan to a gentle simmer, ensuring thoroughly mixed.
- Grill halloumi turning once, ensure high enough heat to gain good grill marks.
- Present halloumi and figs on a plate; sprinkle over hazelnuts and oregano leaves before drizzling over honey mixture.
- Elena has fig’s all FIGured out, see more here. Honey plus figs in this recipe are both high in natural sugars. Depending on the individual, you may experience blood sugar spikes or other uncomfortable symptoms. Once again, you need to do what is right for you and your body, eat what makes you thrive. The fat and protein in halloumi and nuts in this recipe may counteract this effect slightly. So, please eat with caution if you have diabetes or any other endocrine or insulin concerns.
- There should be limited waste from this dish, but fig tips could be put into compost or chicken feed.
- Grain Free
- Gluten Free
- Refined Sugar Free
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...