Haloumi and FigsElena Duggan
- 250g halloumi
- 100g hazelnuts, lightly toasted and roughly chopped
- 25g orange blossom water (or orange zest)
- 100g Honey
- 1 bunch fresh oregano, leaves only
- 8 medium figs
- Cut the tip off the fig. Slice half the figs in lengthways, quarters and some in discs.
- Slice halloumi into 75mm -1cm slices. Drizzle extra virgin olive oil over the top of the halloumi.
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Heat honey and orange blossom water in a small saucepan to a gentle simmer, ensuring thoroughly mixed.
- Grill halloumi turning once, ensure high enough heat to gain good grill marks.
- Present halloumi and figs on a plate; sprinkle over hazelnuts and oregano leaves before drizzling over honey mixture.
- Elena has fig’s all FIGured out, see more here. Honey plus figs in this recipe are both high in natural sugars. Depending on the individual, you may experience blood sugar spikes or other uncomfortable symptoms. Once again, you need to do what is right for you and your body, eat what makes you thrive. The fat and protein in halloumi and nuts in this recipe may counteract this effect slightly. So, please eat with caution if you have diabetes or any other endocrine or insulin concerns.
- There should be limited waste from this dish, but fig tips could be put into compost or chicken feed.
- Grain Free
- Gluten Free
- Refined Sugar Free
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...