Haloumi and FigsElena Duggan
- 250g halloumi
- 100g hazelnuts, lightly toasted and roughly chopped
- 25g orange blossom water (or orange zest)
- 100g Honey
- 1 bunch fresh oregano, leaves only
- 8 medium figs
- Cut the tip off the fig. Slice half the figs in lengthways, quarters and some in discs.
- Slice halloumi into 75mm -1cm slices. Drizzle extra virgin olive oil over the top of the halloumi.
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Heat honey and orange blossom water in a small saucepan to a gentle simmer, ensuring thoroughly mixed.
- Grill halloumi turning once, ensure high enough heat to gain good grill marks.
- Present halloumi and figs on a plate; sprinkle over hazelnuts and oregano leaves before drizzling over honey mixture.
- Elena has fig’s all FIGured out, see more here. Honey plus figs in this recipe are both high in natural sugars. Depending on the individual, you may experience blood sugar spikes or other uncomfortable symptoms. Once again, you need to do what is right for you and your body, eat what makes you thrive. The fat and protein in halloumi and nuts in this recipe may counteract this effect slightly. So, please eat with caution if you have diabetes or any other endocrine or insulin concerns.
- There should be limited waste from this dish, but fig tips could be put into compost or chicken feed.
- Grain Free
- Gluten Free
- Refined Sugar Free
Ingredients: 2 heads broccoli 1 large leek, halved lengthwise, rinsed 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil 1 head garlic, unpeeled 4 cups (1L) chicken or vegetable stock 120g baby spinach leaves 125g sour cream, plus extra to serve Chilli flakes & herbs, such as basil,...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Asian Inspirations Ingredients: 2 pieces Shimeji mushroom (thinly sliced) 2 pieces Red capsicum (thinly sliced) 2 pieces Zucchini (thinly sliced) 2 pieces Eggplant (thinly sliced) 2 pieces Sweet potato...
Ingredients: 30ml Vegetable oil 1 tin of chopped tomatoes 3 small red onions, 1 sliced, 2 roughly chopped 1 Red Scotch bonnet, finely chopped 100g Tomato paste 2 Tsp curry powder 1 Tsp Thyme, Fresh preferably but dried will also work 2 Bay leaves 1lt Chicken...
Ingredients:For pastry: 225g Plain Flour 100g Butter, unsalted (Make sure it’s really cold!) 4 Tbsp water, chilled For Filling: 250ml Cream 2 Large Eggs 200g Gaunchalie (or bacon) 1 Brown Onion, diced 100g Heritage baby tomatoes (halved) 125g Gruyère cheese 50g...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Ocean Spray Ingredients: 400g Venison Loin 1 Carrot chopped 1 Brown onion, diced 1 Bay Leaf 2 Sprigs Rosemary 1 Bulb Garlic 1 Glass Red wine 1 Tbsp Tomato paste 700ml Beef Stock 100g Dark chocolate ...
Ingredients: 100g self raising flour 1 egg 3 tbs sour cream 2 tins corn ½ bunch coriander 1 bunch spring onions 2 avocados 1 shallot 1 long red chilli 2 limes Method: n a mixing bowl, combine your egg, the tinned corn, ½ a shallot, sour cream and flour together,...