Haloumi and FigsElena Duggan
- 250g halloumi
- 100g hazelnuts, lightly toasted and roughly chopped
- 25g orange blossom water (or orange zest)
- 100g Honey
- 1 bunch fresh oregano, leaves only
- 8 medium figs
- Cut the tip off the fig. Slice half the figs in lengthways, quarters and some in discs.
- Slice halloumi into 75mm -1cm slices. Drizzle extra virgin olive oil over the top of the halloumi.
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Heat honey and orange blossom water in a small saucepan to a gentle simmer, ensuring thoroughly mixed.
- Grill halloumi turning once, ensure high enough heat to gain good grill marks.
- Present halloumi and figs on a plate; sprinkle over hazelnuts and oregano leaves before drizzling over honey mixture.
- Elena has fig’s all FIGured out, see more here. Honey plus figs in this recipe are both high in natural sugars. Depending on the individual, you may experience blood sugar spikes or other uncomfortable symptoms. Once again, you need to do what is right for you and your body, eat what makes you thrive. The fat and protein in halloumi and nuts in this recipe may counteract this effect slightly. So, please eat with caution if you have diabetes or any other endocrine or insulin concerns.
- There should be limited waste from this dish, but fig tips could be put into compost or chicken feed.
- Grain Free
- Gluten Free
- Refined Sugar Free
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...