Haloumi and FigsElena Duggan
- 250g halloumi
- 100g hazelnuts, lightly toasted and roughly chopped
- 25g orange blossom water (or orange zest)
- 100g Honey
- 1 bunch fresh oregano, leaves only
- 8 medium figs
- Cut the tip off the fig. Slice half the figs in lengthways, quarters and some in discs.
- Slice halloumi into 75mm -1cm slices. Drizzle extra virgin olive oil over the top of the halloumi.
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Heat honey and orange blossom water in a small saucepan to a gentle simmer, ensuring thoroughly mixed.
- Grill halloumi turning once, ensure high enough heat to gain good grill marks.
- Present halloumi and figs on a plate; sprinkle over hazelnuts and oregano leaves before drizzling over honey mixture.
- Elena has fig’s all FIGured out, see more here. Honey plus figs in this recipe are both high in natural sugars. Depending on the individual, you may experience blood sugar spikes or other uncomfortable symptoms. Once again, you need to do what is right for you and your body, eat what makes you thrive. The fat and protein in halloumi and nuts in this recipe may counteract this effect slightly. So, please eat with caution if you have diabetes or any other endocrine or insulin concerns.
- There should be limited waste from this dish, but fig tips could be put into compost or chicken feed.
- Grain Free
- Gluten Free
- Refined Sugar Free
Ingredients: Serves 4 10 ripe figs 2 long red chillies ½ bunch basil Extra virgin olive oil 4 slices of sour dough bread 50g parmesan cheese 2 whole buffalo mozzarella ½ cup of crème criache Baking paper Method: Grill the chillies on your stovetop to blacken and...
Ingredients: 4 thick pork loin chops skin off 4 cloves garlic, roughly chopped 1 stick of rosemary, leaves picked and roughly chopped 4 fresh bay leaves, roughly chopped 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar 1/4 cup olive oil 1 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper Flaky salt Apple...
Ingredients: Serves 6 2 bulbs garlic 6 large chicken thighs, on the bone, skin on 4 long stalks rosemary, sprigs removed (about 20) 1/4 bunch thyme salt and freshly ground black pepper A drizzle of olive oil Approx. 500 ml (17 fl oz/2 cups) Massel https://massel.com/...
Ingredients: Yorkshire Pudding Batter 225gm flour Pinch salt 3 eggs whole 200ml milk 200ml water The Toad 8 course minced pork sausages 4 Streaky bacon rashers 8inch long fresh rosemary sprigs Cracked black pepper Veg oil 1/2 cup The Sauce 1 large brown onion peeled...
Ingredients: 320g semolina plus a little extra 40g greens such as spinach or Tuscan kale Extra Virgin Olive Oil Sea salt and cracked pepper Pesto 1 garlic clove, peeled 20g pine nuts 50g wild rocket 25g parmesan plus a little extra Juice of 1 lemon Method: To make the...
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...