Harissa Carrot CakesElena Duggan
- 600g Carrots, chopped (or leftover from the night before)
- 400g can Chickpeas, drained and rinsed,1 bunch Coriander, leaves only
- 20g Cumin, ground
- 20g Coriander, ground
- 2lge Eggs, free range, organic
- 25g Harissa paste
- White pepper to taste
- Murray River salt to taste
- If mix is too moist, add up to 75g of falafel mix or GF bread crumbs
- 200g Greek yoghurt
- Remaining coriander from above
- 1 Lemon
- Place a pot of water over high heat and bring the boil. Place steaming basket on top and lid.
- Steam carrots until just tender and remove from heat. Place in a bowl and mash. Allow steam to escape and carrots to cool, striving to get them as dry as possible.
- Add chickpeas to carrots and mash together.
- Finely dice ¼ of the coriander leaves and add to the bowl along with the spices, harissa and egg.
- Combine thoroughly and using your hands form equal portioned balls, should make 8-10.
- Allow patties to cool whilst preparing the sauce.
- In a food processor, blitz lemon juice, remaining coriander leaves and yoghurt until smooth and vibrant green.
- In a large non-stick fry pan, heat oil to a medium high heat.
- Flatten chilled balls into a pattie shape and cook in batches for 2-3minutes each side until brown and crispy.
- Serve with coriander yoghurt and additional fresh leaves if desired.
- Well drained lentils can be used as an alternative to chickpeas
- Gluten free
- Grain free
- Low fructose/ sugar free (optional – sweet potato or cauliflower could be used as a lower carb alternative to carrot)
- Nut free
- Dairy free, optional
- Vegan, optional –replace dairy yoghurt with coconut yoghurt
Ingredients: Serves: 4 800g Hanger Steak Sea Salt 1 small yellow pepper, seeds removed, roughly chopped 6 Yellow baby Tomatoes 1 small red chilli, seeds removed ½ tsp dried flaked chillies 2 Garlic cloves, peeled 20g fresh parsley, including any tender stalks 10g each...
Ingredients: 4 roma tomatoes ½ brown onion, finely diced 2 garlic cloves, finely diced 1 tbsp chilli oil ½ cup white wine 500g goolwa pippies 1 cup parsley leaves, chopped 250g fresh taglierini or linguine 1 lemon, juice only 50g unsalted butter Sea salt flakes Black...
Ingredients: 3 cups plain flour, plus extra Salt 1 ¼ cups warm water 150ml Peanut oil, plus extra Cheese Filling: 500g ricotta cheese 100gm Greek fetta 300gm cottage cheese 300ml thickened cream 2 eggs Salt Method: Combine the cheeses in a large bowl and mix together,...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Velisha Farms 1 tbsp oil 225g Chicken mince 2 tbsp fish sauce 1 lime, juice only 1 tsp caster sugar 3 spring onions, finely chopped ¼ cucumber, finely diced 2 red chillies, finely sliced 1cm ginger,...
Ingredients: 6 chicken thighs 3 cups fresh breadcrumbs ½ bunch parsley 100g parmigiano cheese 2 garlic cloves Sea salt Black pepper Flour, for dusting 2 eggs Method: Blitz the parsley, cheese and garlic into a fine crumb and mix through the breadcrumbs. Season with...
Ingredients: 1/2 head of cauliflower, outer leaves removed and retained, cauliflower chopped into florets. 1 clove of garlic - peeled & sliced in half 1 tsp of sultanas or raisins (optional) 6 black peppercorns 1/4 tsp turmeric 1/4 tsp curry powder 3/4 cup...