Lamb Cutlets with Pea and Lettuce RagoutMike Reid
- 3 bone lamb cutlets (French trimmed)
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 35ml Early harvest olive oil
- 70g smoked lardons (sliced bacon)
- 100g frozen peas
- 1 iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 150ml lamb stock, reduced by half in a saucepan for 10 minutes on a low heat (75ml to be used)
- Score the fat of your lamb rack and coat your lamb with salt and cook fat side down on your hot hibachi or BBQ. Cook your lamb for about 12 minutes for medium. Set aside to rest for half the cooking time.
- Slice your iceberg lettuce into wedges and season with olive oil and salt. Grill and caramelize on the hibachi or grill for 8-10 minutes.
- 10 minutes before serving, heat the oil in a sauté or frying pan. Add the lardons and gently fry until they render their fat and are coloured all over. Set the pan aside.
- To finish the ragoût, add the peas, blanched carrots and 75ml of the reduced cooking juices to the pan with the lardons. Leave to simmer for 2 minutes, or until the peas are tender. Stir in the lettuce and continue simmering until it wilts. Season with salt and pepper, if necessary.
- To plate, slice your lamb cutlets, and place on top of the charred lettuce. Cover in your ragoût and enjoy!
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Cabernet Merlot.
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...