Lamb Cutlets with Pea and Lettuce RagoutMike Reid
- 3 bone lamb cutlets (French trimmed)
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 35ml Early harvest olive oil
- 70g smoked lardons (sliced bacon)
- 100g frozen peas
- 1 iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 150ml lamb stock, reduced by half in a saucepan for 10 minutes on a low heat (75ml to be used)
- Score the fat of your lamb rack and coat your lamb with salt and cook fat side down on your hot hibachi or BBQ. Cook your lamb for about 12 minutes for medium. Set aside to rest for half the cooking time.
- Slice your iceberg lettuce into wedges and season with olive oil and salt. Grill and caramelize on the hibachi or grill for 8-10 minutes.
- 10 minutes before serving, heat the oil in a sauté or frying pan. Add the lardons and gently fry until they render their fat and are coloured all over. Set the pan aside.
- To finish the ragoût, add the peas, blanched carrots and 75ml of the reduced cooking juices to the pan with the lardons. Leave to simmer for 2 minutes, or until the peas are tender. Stir in the lettuce and continue simmering until it wilts. Season with salt and pepper, if necessary.
- To plate, slice your lamb cutlets, and place on top of the charred lettuce. Cover in your ragoût and enjoy!
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Cabernet Merlot.
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...