Lamb Cutlets with Pea and Lettuce RagoutMike Reid
- 3 bone lamb cutlets (French trimmed)
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 35ml Early harvest olive oil
- 70g smoked lardons (sliced bacon)
- 100g frozen peas
- 1 iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 150ml lamb stock, reduced by half in a saucepan for 10 minutes on a low heat (75ml to be used)
- Score the fat of your lamb rack and coat your lamb with salt and cook fat side down on your hot hibachi or BBQ. Cook your lamb for about 12 minutes for medium. Set aside to rest for half the cooking time.
- Slice your iceberg lettuce into wedges and season with olive oil and salt. Grill and caramelize on the hibachi or grill for 8-10 minutes.
- 10 minutes before serving, heat the oil in a sauté or frying pan. Add the lardons and gently fry until they render their fat and are coloured all over. Set the pan aside.
- To finish the ragoût, add the peas, blanched carrots and 75ml of the reduced cooking juices to the pan with the lardons. Leave to simmer for 2 minutes, or until the peas are tender. Stir in the lettuce and continue simmering until it wilts. Season with salt and pepper, if necessary.
- To plate, slice your lamb cutlets, and place on top of the charred lettuce. Cover in your ragoût and enjoy!
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Cabernet Merlot.
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...