Mexican Rainbow SaladElena Duggan
- 400g/ 1can Black Beans, rinsed and drained
- 400g/ 1can, Corn kernels, drained (fresh corn can be grilled and charred if desired)
- 3-4 Jalapeño chilies, deseeded and finely sliced
- 1 punnet mixed colour cherry tomatoes, quartered
- ½ – 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 bunch coriander, leaves only
- 1 med Red onion, finely sliced
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
- ¼ iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1 med carrot, shredded or julienned
- 50g EVOO, Australian
- 75g Sour cream
- 5g smoked paprika
- 2 limes, juice and zest
- Murray River salt, to taste
- Sour cream can be replaced with coconut yoghurt for a dairy free or vegan alternative.
- Corn to be left off if paleo.
- Replace corn and carrot with cooked diced sweet potato for a lower fructose option.
- When seasonal, fresh mango slice make a nice addition to this salad.
- Mix dressing ingredients together to combine.
- On a platter, layer lettuce, carrot, onion, black beans, corn, jalapenos and tomatoes. Try to spread out the ingredients so you can see the varieties of colours.
- Fan out avocado on the side of the salad.
- Dress the salad with the dressing and garnish with a handful of coriander on top.
- Can be served with corn chips or tortillas if desired.
- Fresh corn or prepared beans can be prepared and used if desired.
- Tinned jalapeños can be used if drained and out of season or unavailable.
- Gluten free
- Grain free (leave off corn/ corn chips)
- Nut free
- Vegan option
- Paleo option
- Low fructose/ sugar free option
Ingredients: 2 cup caster sugar 2 cups soy sauce 1 cup shao-hsing wine 3L water 2 inch piece ginger 8 cloves garlic 6 spring onions, 5cm batons 8 star anise 8 coriander seeds 4 cinnamon quills 4 cloves 2 pork trotters Method: Place an even layer of sugar in a large...
Ingredients: 2 cups of black-eyed beans 1 bunch of English spinach (or baby spinach, if preferred), Roughly chopped and thoroughly washed 6 spring onions, finely chopped 1 onion, sliced 1/2 cup of olive oil 1 tbsp white wine vinegar juice of 1 lemon a few sprigs of...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Let's Go Motorhomes and Big4 Holiday Parks Assortment of Sausages 100ml Mayonnaise ½ bulb of roasted black garlic ½ lemon juiced Long metal skewers Method: Grill your sausages on your bbq until...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Asian InspirationsSalmon: 200g Fresh Australian salmon, skin on, pin bones removed 50ml Vegetable oil Miso Glaze: 50g White miso paste 50ml Obento Mirin Seasoning 50g Sugar Togarashi Crackers: 1 each...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra 1 brown onion, finely grated 2 cloves garlic, finely grated 1g saffron threads 400g Arborio Rice ½ cup dry white wine 1.5 Litres Vegetable stock 50g unsalted butter 125g parmesan, finely grated Method:...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 800g Hanger Steak Sea Salt 1 small yellow pepper, seeds removed, roughly chopped 6 Yellow baby Tomatoes 1 small red chilli, seeds removed ½ tsp dried flaked chillies 2 Garlic cloves, peeled 20g fresh parsley, including any tender stalks 10g each...