Mexican Rainbow SaladElena Duggan
- 400g/ 1can Black Beans, rinsed and drained
- 400g/ 1can, Corn kernels, drained (fresh corn can be grilled and charred if desired)
- 3-4 Jalapeño chilies, deseeded and finely sliced
- 1 punnet mixed colour cherry tomatoes, quartered
- ½ – 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 bunch coriander, leaves only
- 1 med Red onion, finely sliced
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
- ¼ iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1 med carrot, shredded or julienned
- 50g EVOO, Australian
- 75g Sour cream
- 5g smoked paprika
- 2 limes, juice and zest
- Murray River salt, to taste
- Sour cream can be replaced with coconut yoghurt for a dairy free or vegan alternative.
- Corn to be left off if paleo.
- Replace corn and carrot with cooked diced sweet potato for a lower fructose option.
- When seasonal, fresh mango slice make a nice addition to this salad.
- Mix dressing ingredients together to combine.
- On a platter, layer lettuce, carrot, onion, black beans, corn, jalapenos and tomatoes. Try to spread out the ingredients so you can see the varieties of colours.
- Fan out avocado on the side of the salad.
- Dress the salad with the dressing and garnish with a handful of coriander on top.
- Can be served with corn chips or tortillas if desired.
- Fresh corn or prepared beans can be prepared and used if desired.
- Tinned jalapeños can be used if drained and out of season or unavailable.
- Gluten free
- Grain free (leave off corn/ corn chips)
- Nut free
- Vegan option
- Paleo option
- Low fructose/ sugar free option
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...