Mexican Rainbow SaladElena Duggan
- 400g/ 1can Black Beans, rinsed and drained
- 400g/ 1can, Corn kernels, drained (fresh corn can be grilled and charred if desired)
- 3-4 Jalapeño chilies, deseeded and finely sliced
- 1 punnet mixed colour cherry tomatoes, quartered
- ½ – 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 bunch coriander, leaves only
- 1 med Red onion, finely sliced
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
- ¼ iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1 med carrot, shredded or julienned
- 50g EVOO, Australian
- 75g Sour cream
- 5g smoked paprika
- 2 limes, juice and zest
- Murray River salt, to taste
- Sour cream can be replaced with coconut yoghurt for a dairy free or vegan alternative.
- Corn to be left off if paleo.
- Replace corn and carrot with cooked diced sweet potato for a lower fructose option.
- When seasonal, fresh mango slice make a nice addition to this salad.
- Mix dressing ingredients together to combine.
- On a platter, layer lettuce, carrot, onion, black beans, corn, jalapenos and tomatoes. Try to spread out the ingredients so you can see the varieties of colours.
- Fan out avocado on the side of the salad.
- Dress the salad with the dressing and garnish with a handful of coriander on top.
- Can be served with corn chips or tortillas if desired.
- Fresh corn or prepared beans can be prepared and used if desired.
- Tinned jalapeños can be used if drained and out of season or unavailable.
- Gluten free
- Grain free (leave off corn/ corn chips)
- Nut free
- Vegan option
- Paleo option
- Low fructose/ sugar free option
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...