- 4 chicken thigh fillets, organic free range
- 1lge White onion, halved then finely sliced
- 4lge Eggs, organic free range
To Season / Sauce
- 150g Dashi
- 50g Ponzu (Obento)
- 50g Mirin (Obento)
- 50g Sake (Obento)
- 50g Tamari (Asian Inspirations)
- 25-50g Xylitol
- 500g Cooked, Japanese short grain rice (Asian Inspirations)
- Spring onions, finely sliced
- Shichimi Togarashi, (seven spice) (Asian Inspirations)
- Pickled ginger (Obento)
- If available – Mitsuba, leaves only (Japanese parsley, similar to flat leaf parsley in flavour)
- Mix all seasoning ingredients together in a small jug until thoroughly combined and dissolved, then set aside.
- Crack and beat eggs into a small bowl, set aside.
- Slice each chicken thigh into 6-8pieces, set aside.
- Place onion in a medium size, non-stick frypan, and cover with half the seasoning, bring to a gentle simmer. Place chicken pieces on top. Cook for 1-2minutes, before turning chicken pieces, then place a lid on and cook for a further 5-6 minutes. Remove lid, and turn chicken pieces again.
- Whilst mixing, gently pour the eggs over the chicken and onion mix, in and around all the pieces, starting in the centre and working your way outward. Replace lid and cook for a further 2minutes, or until egg is just set. A small amount of jiggle is fine, cook to desired firmness.
- Sprinkle over greens of choice and remove from heat.
- Divide rice among bowls, and gently place portion on top of rice.
- Serve with additional seasoning as desired, togarashi and pickled ginger.
- This dish translates to Parent and Child Donburri (chicken and egg rice) and is a classic, comfort food dish in Japan.
- One pan / pot – minimal clean up.
- Common main ingredients, sauces easily sourced in Australian supermarkets.
- No oil, light meal.
- Ready in less than 30 minutes.
- Gluten free
- Refined sugar free and low fructose
- Dairy free
- Nut free
Ingredients: Serves: 4 800g Hanger Steak Sea Salt 1 small yellow pepper, seeds removed, roughly chopped 6 Yellow baby Tomatoes 1 small red chilli, seeds removed ½ tsp dried flaked chillies 2 Garlic cloves, peeled 20g fresh parsley, including any tender stalks 10g each...
Ingredients: 4 roma tomatoes ½ brown onion, finely diced 2 garlic cloves, finely diced 1 tbsp chilli oil ½ cup white wine 500g goolwa pippies 1 cup parsley leaves, chopped 250g fresh taglierini or linguine 1 lemon, juice only 50g unsalted butter Sea salt flakes Black...
Ingredients: 3 cups plain flour, plus extra Salt 1 ¼ cups warm water 150ml Peanut oil, plus extra Cheese Filling: 500g ricotta cheese 100gm Greek fetta 300gm cottage cheese 300ml thickened cream 2 eggs Salt Method: Combine the cheeses in a large bowl and mix together,...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Velisha Farms 1 tbsp oil 225g Chicken mince 2 tbsp fish sauce 1 lime, juice only 1 tsp caster sugar 3 spring onions, finely chopped ¼ cucumber, finely diced 2 red chillies, finely sliced 1cm ginger,...
Ingredients: 6 chicken thighs 3 cups fresh breadcrumbs ½ bunch parsley 100g parmigiano cheese 2 garlic cloves Sea salt Black pepper Flour, for dusting 2 eggs Method: Blitz the parsley, cheese and garlic into a fine crumb and mix through the breadcrumbs. Season with...
Ingredients: 1/2 head of cauliflower, outer leaves removed and retained, cauliflower chopped into florets. 1 clove of garlic - peeled & sliced in half 1 tsp of sultanas or raisins (optional) 6 black peppercorns 1/4 tsp turmeric 1/4 tsp curry powder 3/4 cup...