- 4 chicken thigh fillets, organic free range
- 1lge White onion, halved then finely sliced
- 4lge Eggs, organic free range
To Season / Sauce
- 150g Dashi
- 50g Ponzu (Obento)
- 50g Mirin (Obento)
- 50g Sake (Obento)
- 50g Tamari (Asian Inspirations)
- 25-50g Xylitol
- 500g Cooked, Japanese short grain rice (Asian Inspirations)
- Spring onions, finely sliced
- Shichimi Togarashi, (seven spice) (Asian Inspirations)
- Pickled ginger (Obento)
- If available – Mitsuba, leaves only (Japanese parsley, similar to flat leaf parsley in flavour)
- Mix all seasoning ingredients together in a small jug until thoroughly combined and dissolved, then set aside.
- Crack and beat eggs into a small bowl, set aside.
- Slice each chicken thigh into 6-8pieces, set aside.
- Place onion in a medium size, non-stick frypan, and cover with half the seasoning, bring to a gentle simmer. Place chicken pieces on top. Cook for 1-2minutes, before turning chicken pieces, then place a lid on and cook for a further 5-6 minutes. Remove lid, and turn chicken pieces again.
- Whilst mixing, gently pour the eggs over the chicken and onion mix, in and around all the pieces, starting in the centre and working your way outward. Replace lid and cook for a further 2minutes, or until egg is just set. A small amount of jiggle is fine, cook to desired firmness.
- Sprinkle over greens of choice and remove from heat.
- Divide rice among bowls, and gently place portion on top of rice.
- Serve with additional seasoning as desired, togarashi and pickled ginger.
- This dish translates to Parent and Child Donburri (chicken and egg rice) and is a classic, comfort food dish in Japan.
- One pan / pot – minimal clean up.
- Common main ingredients, sauces easily sourced in Australian supermarkets.
- No oil, light meal.
- Ready in less than 30 minutes.
- Gluten free
- Refined sugar free and low fructose
- Dairy free
- Nut free
Ingredients: 4 duck breast 1 tablspoon brown sugar ½ tablespoon salt ¼ bunch thyme 1 tsp five spice butter garlic Sauce 1/3 cup sugar 1/3 cup fresh orange juice (from 1 to 2 oranges) segments of one orange 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar 1/8 teaspoon salt 2 to 4...
Ingredients: Serve 4 4 thick King salmon or Atlantic salmon Vegetable oil Lime wedges Marinade 2 pinches of salt 2 teaspoons chilli powder juice of 1 lime 1 teaspoon sugar 2 teaspoons garlic paste 2 teaspoons ginger paste Crust 180g white split peas (urad dal) 1...
Ingredients: Mornay Sauce 25gm unsalted butter 25gm Laucke plain flour 1 cup full cream milk 80gm Gruyere cheese grated Salt White pepper For the Sandwich Four thick slices white bread 100gm unsalted butter 2 tsp Dijon mustard 4 slices Gruyere cheese (80gm) 200gm...
Ingredients: 500g kangaroo sirloin cut into thin strips 2 tablespoons cornflour 2 tablespoon sunflower oil for frying 2 green capsicums – cut into strips 2 bunch of broccolini – bottom end removed and cut in half 1 bunch green onions – green and whites finely chopped...
Ingredients: Makes Two 4 rounds or Rye bread slices 300gm sliced pastrami 100gm sauerkraut 200gm comte cheese or cheddar 2 large garlic and dill pickles cut in half 4 tbsp kewpie mayo 1 tbsp hot English mustard 100gm butter soft Method: Combine the hot English mustard...
Ingredients: Serves 4 1 ½ cups plain flour 1 teaspoon baking powder 4 eggs separated 1 cup butter milk 1 cup ricotta 1 cup corn frozen 1 small bunch coriander leaves chopped 1 lg smashed avo 200gm chopped tomatoes 1/4 medium red onion sliced 1 clove of garlic chopped...