Palak PaneerKathy Tsaples
- 2 long green chillies, roughly chopped
- 3cm piece ginger, peeled, roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled, roughly chopped
- 1 large red onion, roughly chopped
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, blitzed
- 200gm frozen spinach, thawed
- 2 tsp. coriander seed
- 2 tsp. cumin seed
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp garam marsala
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 60ml Light Olive oil
- 250ml liquid vegetable stock
- 200g Paneer, cut into 2cm cubes (Can be substituted for firm tofu or cauliflower florets)
- In a mortar and pestle, combine coriander seeds and cumin seeds and pound to breakdown.
- In a food processor combine chilli, ginger, garlic and red onion and blitz into a chunky paste.
- Heat olive oil in a wok over high heat. Add pounded coriander and cumin seeds and fry off for approximately 1 minute until aromatic. Add chilli/onion paste and fry off, stirring continuously for approximately 5 minutes until slightly darkened in colour. Add tomato puree and powdered spices, stir to combine. Cook sauce down for a further 7-10 minutes until it deepens in colour and there is no longer any steam rising from the wok. Add thawed spinach, combine well and warm through.
- Transfer sauce to a blender and add vegetable stock. Blitz on high to reach a smoother consistency.
- Transfer back to wok over a medium-high heat. Add paneer and allow cheese to warm through, approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Serve with cauliflower rice or steamed basmati.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Grenache Shiraz Mataro.
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...