Palak PaneerKathy Tsaples
- 2 long green chillies, roughly chopped
- 3cm piece ginger, peeled, roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled, roughly chopped
- 1 large red onion, roughly chopped
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, blitzed
- 200gm frozen spinach, thawed
- 2 tsp. coriander seed
- 2 tsp. cumin seed
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp garam marsala
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 60ml Light Olive oil
- 250ml liquid vegetable stock
- 200g Paneer, cut into 2cm cubes (Can be substituted for firm tofu or cauliflower florets)
- In a mortar and pestle, combine coriander seeds and cumin seeds and pound to breakdown.
- In a food processor combine chilli, ginger, garlic and red onion and blitz into a chunky paste.
- Heat olive oil in a wok over high heat. Add pounded coriander and cumin seeds and fry off for approximately 1 minute until aromatic. Add chilli/onion paste and fry off, stirring continuously for approximately 5 minutes until slightly darkened in colour. Add tomato puree and powdered spices, stir to combine. Cook sauce down for a further 7-10 minutes until it deepens in colour and there is no longer any steam rising from the wok. Add thawed spinach, combine well and warm through.
- Transfer sauce to a blender and add vegetable stock. Blitz on high to reach a smoother consistency.
- Transfer back to wok over a medium-high heat. Add paneer and allow cheese to warm through, approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Serve with cauliflower rice or steamed basmati.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Grenache Shiraz Mataro.
Ingredients: Serves: 4 800g Hanger Steak Sea Salt 1 small yellow pepper, seeds removed, roughly chopped 6 Yellow baby Tomatoes 1 small red chilli, seeds removed ½ tsp dried flaked chillies 2 Garlic cloves, peeled 20g fresh parsley, including any tender stalks 10g each...
Ingredients: 4 roma tomatoes ½ brown onion, finely diced 2 garlic cloves, finely diced 1 tbsp chilli oil ½ cup white wine 500g goolwa pippies 1 cup parsley leaves, chopped 250g fresh taglierini or linguine 1 lemon, juice only 50g unsalted butter Sea salt flakes Black...
Ingredients: 3 cups plain flour, plus extra Salt 1 ¼ cups warm water 150ml Peanut oil, plus extra Cheese Filling: 500g ricotta cheese 100gm Greek fetta 300gm cottage cheese 300ml thickened cream 2 eggs Salt Method: Combine the cheeses in a large bowl and mix together,...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Velisha Farms 1 tbsp oil 225g Chicken mince 2 tbsp fish sauce 1 lime, juice only 1 tsp caster sugar 3 spring onions, finely chopped ¼ cucumber, finely diced 2 red chillies, finely sliced 1cm ginger,...
Ingredients: 6 chicken thighs 3 cups fresh breadcrumbs ½ bunch parsley 100g parmigiano cheese 2 garlic cloves Sea salt Black pepper Flour, for dusting 2 eggs Method: Blitz the parsley, cheese and garlic into a fine crumb and mix through the breadcrumbs. Season with...
Ingredients: 1/2 head of cauliflower, outer leaves removed and retained, cauliflower chopped into florets. 1 clove of garlic - peeled & sliced in half 1 tsp of sultanas or raisins (optional) 6 black peppercorns 1/4 tsp turmeric 1/4 tsp curry powder 3/4 cup...