Palak PaneerKathy Tsaples
- 2 long green chillies, roughly chopped
- 3cm piece ginger, peeled, roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled, roughly chopped
- 1 large red onion, roughly chopped
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, blitzed
- 200gm frozen spinach, thawed
- 2 tsp. coriander seed
- 2 tsp. cumin seed
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp garam marsala
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 60ml Light Olive oil
- 250ml liquid vegetable stock
- 200g Paneer, cut into 2cm cubes (Can be substituted for firm tofu or cauliflower florets)
- In a mortar and pestle, combine coriander seeds and cumin seeds and pound to breakdown.
- In a food processor combine chilli, ginger, garlic and red onion and blitz into a chunky paste.
- Heat olive oil in a wok over high heat. Add pounded coriander and cumin seeds and fry off for approximately 1 minute until aromatic. Add chilli/onion paste and fry off, stirring continuously for approximately 5 minutes until slightly darkened in colour. Add tomato puree and powdered spices, stir to combine. Cook sauce down for a further 7-10 minutes until it deepens in colour and there is no longer any steam rising from the wok. Add thawed spinach, combine well and warm through.
- Transfer sauce to a blender and add vegetable stock. Blitz on high to reach a smoother consistency.
- Transfer back to wok over a medium-high heat. Add paneer and allow cheese to warm through, approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Serve with cauliflower rice or steamed basmati.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Grenache Shiraz Mataro.
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...