Palak PaneerKathy Tsaples
- 2 long green chillies, roughly chopped
- 3cm piece ginger, peeled, roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled, roughly chopped
- 1 large red onion, roughly chopped
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, blitzed
- 200gm frozen spinach, thawed
- 2 tsp. coriander seed
- 2 tsp. cumin seed
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp garam marsala
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 60ml Light Olive oil
- 250ml liquid vegetable stock
- 200g Paneer, cut into 2cm cubes (Can be substituted for firm tofu or cauliflower florets)
- In a mortar and pestle, combine coriander seeds and cumin seeds and pound to breakdown.
- In a food processor combine chilli, ginger, garlic and red onion and blitz into a chunky paste.
- Heat olive oil in a wok over high heat. Add pounded coriander and cumin seeds and fry off for approximately 1 minute until aromatic. Add chilli/onion paste and fry off, stirring continuously for approximately 5 minutes until slightly darkened in colour. Add tomato puree and powdered spices, stir to combine. Cook sauce down for a further 7-10 minutes until it deepens in colour and there is no longer any steam rising from the wok. Add thawed spinach, combine well and warm through.
- Transfer sauce to a blender and add vegetable stock. Blitz on high to reach a smoother consistency.
- Transfer back to wok over a medium-high heat. Add paneer and allow cheese to warm through, approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Serve with cauliflower rice or steamed basmati.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Grenache Shiraz Mataro.
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...