Scrappy Chicken SoupElena Duggan
- 2 Roast chicken carcass, all the bones, organic and free range or one whole fresh
- Clean Carrot skins from 3, or 2 carrots
- Clean Onion skins from 3, or 2 onions
- Celery leaves, stalks, white bits
- Ginger peels or 1thumb
- 4L Water
- White Peppercorns
- Salt to taste
Optional to Cook With:
- Ginger peels and lemongrass stalks
- Chili and kaffir lime
- Star anise and cinnamon
- Coriander stalks and garlic
Optional to Serve With:
- Daikon noodles, vegetables, coriander
- Chicken flesh and Asian greens
- Rice Vermicelli, Spring Onions, Chili, Snow Peas
- Using a pressure cooker, place all ingredients in the pot and cook on high for 45 minutes. Strain well and serve with desired toppings.
- Using a slow cooker, place all ingredients in pot and cook on low for 8hours. Strain well and serve with desired toppings.
Health and Lifestyle Notes:
- Grain Free
- Gluten Free
- Refined Sugar Free
- Sugar Free – Low Fructose
- Dairy Free
- Nut Free
- Paleo Friendly
- Ketogenic Friendly
- BulletProof Friendly
Ingredients: Serves 4 8 Moreton Bay bugs 200g thinly sliced dried pancetta 8 bay leaves 4 ripe figs, halved 2 tablespoons olive oil Juice of 1 lemon Method: Prepare your barbecue for direct grilling over a high heat. Prepare the bugs by removing the meat from the...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Teaspoon coconut sugar 6 freshly picked mint leaves Approx 500ml SodaStream Carbonated Water 10-15 assorted fresh berries One lime, halved Ice Method: Start by bringing together the coconut sugar and the mint in a food processor or alternatively...
Ingredients: Serves: 3 2 cup water 3 tbsp Valcom Tom Yum Paste 1 cup button mushrooms, halved 300g chicken fillet, sliced 1⁄4 cup TCC Premium Coconut Milk 4 tbsp Valcom Kaffir Lime Leaves 1 stalk coriander coarsely chopped 1 red chilli, cut diagonally Method: Bring...
Ingredients: Serves 4 2 medium eggplant 2 tablespoons of olive oil ½ cup miso paste 4 tablespoons mirin 2 tablespoons sugar 2 tablespoons sake White sesame seeds for garnish Method: Preheat the oven to 220C. Slice the eggplants in half and carefully score the eggplant...
Ingredients: Serves 4-6 1tbsp whole white peppercorns 2tbsp grated fresh turmeric 1 heaped tbsp grated fresh ginger 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped 5 thinly sliced cloves Juice of 2 limes, plus wedges to serve 5 coriander roots (from a fresh bunch) 1kg Ling, scaled,...