Scrappy Chicken SoupElena Duggan
- 2 Roast chicken carcass, all the bones, organic and free range or one whole fresh
- Clean Carrot skins from 3, or 2 carrots
- Clean Onion skins from 3, or 2 onions
- Celery leaves, stalks, white bits
- Ginger peels or 1thumb
- 4L Water
- White Peppercorns
- Salt to taste
Optional to Cook With:
- Ginger peels and lemongrass stalks
- Chili and kaffir lime
- Star anise and cinnamon
- Coriander stalks and garlic
Optional to Serve With:
- Daikon noodles, vegetables, coriander
- Chicken flesh and Asian greens
- Rice Vermicelli, Spring Onions, Chili, Snow Peas
- Using a pressure cooker, place all ingredients in the pot and cook on high for 45 minutes. Strain well and serve with desired toppings.
- Using a slow cooker, place all ingredients in pot and cook on low for 8hours. Strain well and serve with desired toppings.
Health and Lifestyle Notes:
- Grain Free
- Gluten Free
- Refined Sugar Free
- Sugar Free – Low Fructose
- Dairy Free
- Nut Free
- Paleo Friendly
- Ketogenic Friendly
- BulletProof Friendly
Ingredients: 300ml milk, plus extra 7g sachet of dried yeast 25g white caster sugar 50g shortening or lard 425g plain flour, plus extra 20g polenta, optional Unsalted butter Method: Gently warm the milk in a pan until lukewarm or body temperature, 37ºC. Add the yeast...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Ingredients: 1 medium cauliflower, leaves and stalk trimmed, cut into wedges 400g can lentils, drained and rinsed 1 small white onion, thinly sliced Juice of 1/2 lemon 1 1/2 tbsp extra virgin...
Ingredients:For Dough: 500g plain flour 190g cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes ½ tsp salt 60ml warm water 1 egg, at room temperature and whisked For Filling: 600g smoked ham, diced 200g mozzarella, diced 200g cheddar, diced 200g brown onion, diced 80g...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Massel Ingredients: 500g gnocchi 2 potatoes, diced 1 clove of garlic, chopped 1 tsp dried chillies 1 leek, sliced 2 rosemary sprigs 100g pancetta, rind removed and diced 500ml Massel Veg Stock Method:...
Ingredients: 1 head cauliflower, cut into pieces 1 green banana chilli, sliced 1 bunch mint, picked 1 cup Indian style yoghurt Pinch of sea salt flakes ½ tsp garam masala powder ¼ tsp dry mango powder ¼ tsp fenugreek powder Vegetable oil for frying Method: Fry...
Ingredients: 500g good quality spaghettini Table salt (for pasta water) 8 birdseye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped ½ bunch flat leaf parsley, washed and chopped finely, stem and leaf 250ml olive oil Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste A...