She'll Be ApplesJemma O'Hanlon
- 1 Australian apple
- 1 Australian sweet persimmon
- 3 tbsp pepitas
- 2 cups Australian baby spinach
- ½ cup Australian purple cabbage
- 1 tin chickpeas
- 1 tbsp baby capers
- 1 tbsp goji berries
- 1 tbsp Australian raisins
- 1 tbsp Australian currants
- ¼ cup Australian walnuts
- 2 tbsp Australian extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed juice from an Australian lemon
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- Cracked black pepper
- Slice the apple and persimmon finely, into wedge shaped slices.
- Toast the pepitas over high heat for a couple of minutes in a dry pan until they become aromatic, go golden in colour and start to pop. Remove from heat immediately and allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, place the apple persimmon slices, baby spinach, sliced purple cabbage, drained and rinsed chickpeas, capers, goji berries, raisins, currants, walnuts and toasted pepitas.
- Prepare the dressing by placing the olive oil, lemon juice, Dijon mustard and pepper into a jar. Shake.
- Pour dressing over the salad ingredients and gently toss to combine.
Tip: The best salad dressing ratio is 2 parts oil to 1 part lemon juice. Make up dressing in bulk, store in your fridge and shake prior to using.
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...