She'll Be ApplesJemma O'Hanlon
- 1 Australian apple
- 1 Australian sweet persimmon
- 3 tbsp pepitas
- 2 cups Australian baby spinach
- ½ cup Australian purple cabbage
- 1 tin chickpeas
- 1 tbsp baby capers
- 1 tbsp goji berries
- 1 tbsp Australian raisins
- 1 tbsp Australian currants
- ¼ cup Australian walnuts
- 2 tbsp Australian extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed juice from an Australian lemon
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- Cracked black pepper
- Slice the apple and persimmon finely, into wedge shaped slices.
- Toast the pepitas over high heat for a couple of minutes in a dry pan until they become aromatic, go golden in colour and start to pop. Remove from heat immediately and allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, place the apple persimmon slices, baby spinach, sliced purple cabbage, drained and rinsed chickpeas, capers, goji berries, raisins, currants, walnuts and toasted pepitas.
- Prepare the dressing by placing the olive oil, lemon juice, Dijon mustard and pepper into a jar. Shake.
- Pour dressing over the salad ingredients and gently toss to combine.
Tip: The best salad dressing ratio is 2 parts oil to 1 part lemon juice. Make up dressing in bulk, store in your fridge and shake prior to using.
Ingredients: 250g fresh pasta 3 large free range eggs 40g parmigiano cheese 150g smoked pancetta / guanciale Sea salt flakes Black pepper Method: In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, parmigiano cheese, salt and pepper. In the meantime, place the diced pancetta into a fry...
Ingredients: Makes 12-24 Leftover Lasagne ¼ cup plain flour 2 eggs 1-2 cups Panko crumbs Anchovy Mayonnaise 1 large egg yolk 1 tsp Dijon mustard ½ tsp lemon zest 2 Tbsp lemon juice 1 cup light extra virgin olive oil 6-7 anchovy fillets in oil, drained, finely chopped...
Ingredients: This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian Inspirations Serves 2 240g cabbage (finely chopped) 80g spring onion (finely chopped) 160g squid tube (finely chopped) 3 tbsp vegetable oil Batter: 120g plain flour 1 tsp baking powder 4 eggs 2 tsp...
Ingredients: 2 brown onion, finely diced 2 garlic cloves, chopped 2 carrots, finely diced 2 celery sticks, finely diced 100g pancetta, finely diced 4 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes 4 fresh bay leaves 1 sprig rosemary, finely chopped 1/4 bunch sage, finely chopped 150g...
Ingredients: 110g Safcol Sardines in Springwater, drained 2 tbsp oil 1 clove garlic, sliced 2 slices ginger, julienned 2 spring onions, cut to 2cm lengths 1 tbsp brandy (you may substitute this with Chinese cooking wine) 2 tsp black bean sauce (available in the Asian...
Ingredients: Makes 500ml 500g Red chilli 125g Red onion 25g garlic cloves 250ml lime juice 125ml fish sauce 125g sugar caster 50ml soy sauce 50ml rice vinegar Method: Blitz red chilli, onion and garlic in the robo-coup on pulse setting, it should still be quite coarse...