She'll Be ApplesJemma O'Hanlon
- 1 Australian apple
- 1 Australian sweet persimmon
- 3 tbsp pepitas
- 2 cups Australian baby spinach
- ½ cup Australian purple cabbage
- 1 tin chickpeas
- 1 tbsp baby capers
- 1 tbsp goji berries
- 1 tbsp Australian raisins
- 1 tbsp Australian currants
- ¼ cup Australian walnuts
- 2 tbsp Australian extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed juice from an Australian lemon
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- Cracked black pepper
- Slice the apple and persimmon finely, into wedge shaped slices.
- Toast the pepitas over high heat for a couple of minutes in a dry pan until they become aromatic, go golden in colour and start to pop. Remove from heat immediately and allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, place the apple persimmon slices, baby spinach, sliced purple cabbage, drained and rinsed chickpeas, capers, goji berries, raisins, currants, walnuts and toasted pepitas.
- Prepare the dressing by placing the olive oil, lemon juice, Dijon mustard and pepper into a jar. Shake.
- Pour dressing over the salad ingredients and gently toss to combine.
Tip: The best salad dressing ratio is 2 parts oil to 1 part lemon juice. Make up dressing in bulk, store in your fridge and shake prior to using.
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...