She'll Be ApplesJemma O'Hanlon
- 1 Australian apple
- 1 Australian sweet persimmon
- 3 tbsp pepitas
- 2 cups Australian baby spinach
- ½ cup Australian purple cabbage
- 1 tin chickpeas
- 1 tbsp baby capers
- 1 tbsp goji berries
- 1 tbsp Australian raisins
- 1 tbsp Australian currants
- ¼ cup Australian walnuts
- 2 tbsp Australian extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed juice from an Australian lemon
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- Cracked black pepper
- Slice the apple and persimmon finely, into wedge shaped slices.
- Toast the pepitas over high heat for a couple of minutes in a dry pan until they become aromatic, go golden in colour and start to pop. Remove from heat immediately and allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, place the apple persimmon slices, baby spinach, sliced purple cabbage, drained and rinsed chickpeas, capers, goji berries, raisins, currants, walnuts and toasted pepitas.
- Prepare the dressing by placing the olive oil, lemon juice, Dijon mustard and pepper into a jar. Shake.
- Pour dressing over the salad ingredients and gently toss to combine.
Tip: The best salad dressing ratio is 2 parts oil to 1 part lemon juice. Make up dressing in bulk, store in your fridge and shake prior to using.
Ingredients: 2 heads broccoli 1 large leek, halved lengthwise, rinsed 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil 1 head garlic, unpeeled 4 cups (1L) chicken or vegetable stock 120g baby spinach leaves 125g sour cream, plus extra to serve Chilli flakes & herbs, such as basil,...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Asian Inspirations Ingredients: 2 pieces Shimeji mushroom (thinly sliced) 2 pieces Red capsicum (thinly sliced) 2 pieces Zucchini (thinly sliced) 2 pieces Eggplant (thinly sliced) 2 pieces Sweet potato...
Ingredients: 30ml Vegetable oil 1 tin of chopped tomatoes 3 small red onions, 1 sliced, 2 roughly chopped 1 Red Scotch bonnet, finely chopped 100g Tomato paste 2 Tsp curry powder 1 Tsp Thyme, Fresh preferably but dried will also work 2 Bay leaves 1lt Chicken...
Ingredients:For pastry: 225g Plain Flour 100g Butter, unsalted (Make sure it’s really cold!) 4 Tbsp water, chilled For Filling: 250ml Cream 2 Large Eggs 200g Gaunchalie (or bacon) 1 Brown Onion, diced 100g Heritage baby tomatoes (halved) 125g Gruyère cheese 50g...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Ocean Spray Ingredients: 400g Venison Loin 1 Carrot chopped 1 Brown onion, diced 1 Bay Leaf 2 Sprigs Rosemary 1 Bulb Garlic 1 Glass Red wine 1 Tbsp Tomato paste 700ml Beef Stock 100g Dark chocolate ...
Ingredients: 100g self raising flour 1 egg 3 tbs sour cream 2 tins corn ½ bunch coriander 1 bunch spring onions 2 avocados 1 shallot 1 long red chilli 2 limes Method: n a mixing bowl, combine your egg, the tinned corn, ½ a shallot, sour cream and flour together,...