Slow Cooked BeefKathy Tsaples
- 1 1⁄2 kg round steak, cleaned and cut into cubes
- 3 cans of Roma tomatoes, crushed by hand
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 1⁄2 cup of olive oil, plus an additional 2 tbsp
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1L water or chicken stock (optional)
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- A pinch of cinnamon
- A few basil leaves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp cooking salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- In a heavy-based wide casserole dish, brown your meat a little at a time so that it doesn’t stew.
- Once all the meat has browned, add the onion and the garlic cloves. Stir a few times.
- Add the tomato paste and sweet paprika, and cook for a few minutes.
- Add the canned tomatoes, sugar, salt, pepper, cinnamon and bay leaf as well as the half cup of olive oil.
- Add 1 litre of water or chicken stock if you like, close the lid, and simmer gently for about 1 hour. Check every so often and stir.
- The liquid will evaporate, leaving a lusciously thick tomato sauce. The meat should be soft and melt in your mouth.
- If the meat needs more cooking, just add a little more water and continue to simmer. In the final 15 minutes, add the 2 tablespoons of oil, basil leaves and red wine vinegar
For chef quality results, we recommend using Anolon cookware!
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...