Slow Cooked BeefKathy Tsaples
- 1 1⁄2 kg round steak, cleaned and cut into cubes
- 3 cans of Roma tomatoes, crushed by hand
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 1⁄2 cup of olive oil, plus an additional 2 tbsp
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1L water or chicken stock (optional)
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- A pinch of cinnamon
- A few basil leaves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp cooking salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- In a heavy-based wide casserole dish, brown your meat a little at a time so that it doesn’t stew.
- Once all the meat has browned, add the onion and the garlic cloves. Stir a few times.
- Add the tomato paste and sweet paprika, and cook for a few minutes.
- Add the canned tomatoes, sugar, salt, pepper, cinnamon and bay leaf as well as the half cup of olive oil.
- Add 1 litre of water or chicken stock if you like, close the lid, and simmer gently for about 1 hour. Check every so often and stir.
- The liquid will evaporate, leaving a lusciously thick tomato sauce. The meat should be soft and melt in your mouth.
- If the meat needs more cooking, just add a little more water and continue to simmer. In the final 15 minutes, add the 2 tablespoons of oil, basil leaves and red wine vinegar
For chef quality results, we recommend using Anolon cookware!
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...