Slow Cooked BeefKathy Tsaples
- 1 1⁄2 kg round steak, cleaned and cut into cubes
- 3 cans of Roma tomatoes, crushed by hand
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 1⁄2 cup of olive oil, plus an additional 2 tbsp
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1L water or chicken stock (optional)
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- A pinch of cinnamon
- A few basil leaves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp cooking salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- In a heavy-based wide casserole dish, brown your meat a little at a time so that it doesn’t stew.
- Once all the meat has browned, add the onion and the garlic cloves. Stir a few times.
- Add the tomato paste and sweet paprika, and cook for a few minutes.
- Add the canned tomatoes, sugar, salt, pepper, cinnamon and bay leaf as well as the half cup of olive oil.
- Add 1 litre of water or chicken stock if you like, close the lid, and simmer gently for about 1 hour. Check every so often and stir.
- The liquid will evaporate, leaving a lusciously thick tomato sauce. The meat should be soft and melt in your mouth.
- If the meat needs more cooking, just add a little more water and continue to simmer. In the final 15 minutes, add the 2 tablespoons of oil, basil leaves and red wine vinegar
For chef quality results, we recommend using Anolon cookware!
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...