Sticky BBQ Pork BellyChef Karen Chan
- 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs
- 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis)
- 1 Lime (zested & juiced)
- 1 Red chilli (chopped)
- 20g Palm sugar
- 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil
- 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp Oil
- Blend all the marinade ingredients in a large mortar and pestle or small food processor.
- Place pork belly or ribs in a large plastic bag and pour in marinade, coating well.
- Marinate the strips in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours or up to 24 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 170°C. Place marinated pork onto a large baking dish and bake for 40 mins, turn & baste frequently.
- Serve sticky pork with lime wedges, rice and salad.
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...
Ingredients: Serves 4 1 ½ litres beef or vegetable stock ½ teaspoon of saffron 1 small onion, peeled and finely diced 1 stick of celery, slightly peeled, washed and finely diced Tablespoon of olive oil 200g-risotto rice, I use vialano nano 1 bay leaf Splash of good...