Summer Sweet and Spicy SaladElena Duggan
- 250g Lychees, peeled, deseeded, sliced in half
- 2 Lebanese Cucumber, peeled, deseeded, sliced on an angle
- 150g Bean sprouts / pea shoots / snow pea sprouts
- 1 bunch coriander, leaves only
- 1 bunch Vietnamese mint, leaves only
- 1 bunch Thai basil, leaves only
- 2 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 Green chilies, deseeded and finely diced
- 2 Med Asian/ French shallots, finely sliced
- 25g Stevia, granulated
- 50g Squid Brand Fish sauce
- 2 limes, juice and zest
- Salt to taste
- White pepper to taste
- 50g EVOO
- 10g Yeo’s Sesame oil
- To make the dressing put the garlic, chilies, shallots, stevia into a mortar and pestle. Gently pound and grind the ingredients to break and bruise ingredients.
- Add fish sauce, lime juice and further grind to form a paste.
- Season with pepper and salt to taste. Once happy with overall combination of flavour, add oil and combine well.
- In a large bowl, combine lychees, cucumber and sprouts. Add dressing and thoroughly toss through. Add herbs and gently toss through to combine.
- Place on a platter to serve.
- Gluten free
- Grain free (leave off rice)
- Nut free
- Vegan optional (replace fish sauce with more salt and lime juice to balance)
- Dairy free
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...