Summer Sweet and Spicy SaladElena Duggan
- 250g Lychees, peeled, deseeded, sliced in half
- 2 Lebanese Cucumber, peeled, deseeded, sliced on an angle
- 150g Bean sprouts / pea shoots / snow pea sprouts
- 1 bunch coriander, leaves only
- 1 bunch Vietnamese mint, leaves only
- 1 bunch Thai basil, leaves only
- 2 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 Green chilies, deseeded and finely diced
- 2 Med Asian/ French shallots, finely sliced
- 25g Stevia, granulated
- 50g Squid Brand Fish sauce
- 2 limes, juice and zest
- Salt to taste
- White pepper to taste
- 50g EVOO
- 10g Yeo’s Sesame oil
- To make the dressing put the garlic, chilies, shallots, stevia into a mortar and pestle. Gently pound and grind the ingredients to break and bruise ingredients.
- Add fish sauce, lime juice and further grind to form a paste.
- Season with pepper and salt to taste. Once happy with overall combination of flavour, add oil and combine well.
- In a large bowl, combine lychees, cucumber and sprouts. Add dressing and thoroughly toss through. Add herbs and gently toss through to combine.
- Place on a platter to serve.
- Gluten free
- Grain free (leave off rice)
- Nut free
- Vegan optional (replace fish sauce with more salt and lime juice to balance)
- Dairy free
Ingredients: 9 cherry tomatoes, halved 1 small garlic clove, thinly sliced 2 tsp good-quality olive oil 1 tsp balsamic vinegar 5 basil leaves, torn, plus a few extra to serve if you like 5 pitted olives, sliced 2 large free-range egg 1 tsp small capers, rinsed salt...
Ingredients: Leftover Spaghetti Bolognese Sliced white bread Mozzarella Smoked mozzarella Grated Parmesan Butter Olive oil Mayo Pesto Salt and pepper Method: Place a scoop of pasta on one side of the bread. Then grate up your 3 cheeses and place on the other side of...
Ingredients: 250g Walnuts 250g Hazelnuts 250g Macadamia nuts 125g Pumpkin seeds 125g Sunflower seeds 60g Butter, unsalted 2 Tbsp Honey, Mr Noons honeycomb 1 Tsp Cayenne pepper 2 Tbsp Rosemary, finely chopped 1 Tbsp Cognac Method: Preheat oven to 180* Prepare...
Client - That’s Amore Cheese Typically from Puglia, this fresh creamy cheese has gained more and more popularity in the past few years, not only in Italy but overseas. Burrata is a fresh, handmade cow's milk cheese made from mozzarella and cream and it can be used in...
Ingredients: 150g guanciale, diced 3 eggs, whisked 200g pecorino cheese, grated Black pepper Salt Method: Add salt to a pot of water, and bring to a boil. Cook your pasta until al dente. In a frying pan, add the guanciale on low heat and allow it to render out the...
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...