Summer Sweet and Spicy SaladElena Duggan
- 250g Lychees, peeled, deseeded, sliced in half
- 2 Lebanese Cucumber, peeled, deseeded, sliced on an angle
- 150g Bean sprouts / pea shoots / snow pea sprouts
- 1 bunch coriander, leaves only
- 1 bunch Vietnamese mint, leaves only
- 1 bunch Thai basil, leaves only
- 2 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 Green chilies, deseeded and finely diced
- 2 Med Asian/ French shallots, finely sliced
- 25g Stevia, granulated
- 50g Squid Brand Fish sauce
- 2 limes, juice and zest
- Salt to taste
- White pepper to taste
- 50g EVOO
- 10g Yeo’s Sesame oil
- To make the dressing put the garlic, chilies, shallots, stevia into a mortar and pestle. Gently pound and grind the ingredients to break and bruise ingredients.
- Add fish sauce, lime juice and further grind to form a paste.
- Season with pepper and salt to taste. Once happy with overall combination of flavour, add oil and combine well.
- In a large bowl, combine lychees, cucumber and sprouts. Add dressing and thoroughly toss through. Add herbs and gently toss through to combine.
- Place on a platter to serve.
- Gluten free
- Grain free (leave off rice)
- Nut free
- Vegan optional (replace fish sauce with more salt and lime juice to balance)
- Dairy free
Ingredients: 2 cup caster sugar 2 cups soy sauce 1 cup shao-hsing wine 3L water 2 inch piece ginger 8 cloves garlic 6 spring onions, 5cm batons 8 star anise 8 coriander seeds 4 cinnamon quills 4 cloves 2 pork trotters Method: Place an even layer of sugar in a large...
Ingredients: 2 cups of black-eyed beans 1 bunch of English spinach (or baby spinach, if preferred), Roughly chopped and thoroughly washed 6 spring onions, finely chopped 1 onion, sliced 1/2 cup of olive oil 1 tbsp white wine vinegar juice of 1 lemon a few sprigs of...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Let's Go Motorhomes and Big4 Holiday Parks Assortment of Sausages 100ml Mayonnaise ½ bulb of roasted black garlic ½ lemon juiced Long metal skewers Method: Grill your sausages on your bbq until...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Asian InspirationsSalmon: 200g Fresh Australian salmon, skin on, pin bones removed 50ml Vegetable oil Miso Glaze: 50g White miso paste 50ml Obento Mirin Seasoning 50g Sugar Togarashi Crackers: 1 each...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra 1 brown onion, finely grated 2 cloves garlic, finely grated 1g saffron threads 400g Arborio Rice ½ cup dry white wine 1.5 Litres Vegetable stock 50g unsalted butter 125g parmesan, finely grated Method:...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 800g Hanger Steak Sea Salt 1 small yellow pepper, seeds removed, roughly chopped 6 Yellow baby Tomatoes 1 small red chilli, seeds removed ½ tsp dried flaked chillies 2 Garlic cloves, peeled 20g fresh parsley, including any tender stalks 10g each...