Summer Sweet and Spicy SaladElena Duggan
- 250g Lychees, peeled, deseeded, sliced in half
- 2 Lebanese Cucumber, peeled, deseeded, sliced on an angle
- 150g Bean sprouts / pea shoots / snow pea sprouts
- 1 bunch coriander, leaves only
- 1 bunch Vietnamese mint, leaves only
- 1 bunch Thai basil, leaves only
- 2 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 Green chilies, deseeded and finely diced
- 2 Med Asian/ French shallots, finely sliced
- 25g Stevia, granulated
- 50g Squid Brand Fish sauce
- 2 limes, juice and zest
- Salt to taste
- White pepper to taste
- 50g EVOO
- 10g Yeo’s Sesame oil
- To make the dressing put the garlic, chilies, shallots, stevia into a mortar and pestle. Gently pound and grind the ingredients to break and bruise ingredients.
- Add fish sauce, lime juice and further grind to form a paste.
- Season with pepper and salt to taste. Once happy with overall combination of flavour, add oil and combine well.
- In a large bowl, combine lychees, cucumber and sprouts. Add dressing and thoroughly toss through. Add herbs and gently toss through to combine.
- Place on a platter to serve.
- Gluten free
- Grain free (leave off rice)
- Nut free
- Vegan optional (replace fish sauce with more salt and lime juice to balance)
- Dairy free
Ingredients: 100g glass noodles (bean thread vermicelli) 2 Lebanese cucumbers, thinly sliced using a vegetable peeler 4 spring onions, thinly sliced on diagonal 2 eschalots, thinly sliced 1 cup coriander sprigs 1 cup flat-leaf parsley sprigs 1-2 small red chillies,...
Ingredients: 320g semolina plus a little extra 40g greens such as spinach or Tuscan kale Extra Virgin Olive Oil Sea salt and cracked pepper Pesto 1 garlic clove, peeled 20g pine nuts 50g wild rocket 25g parmesan plus a little extra Juice of 1 lemon Method: To make the...
Ingredients: 4 duck breast 1 tablspoon brown sugar ½ tablespoon salt ¼ bunch thyme 1 tsp five spice butter garlic Sauce 1/3 cup sugar 1/3 cup fresh orange juice (from 1 to 2 oranges) segments of one orange 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar 1/8 teaspoon salt 2 to 4...
Ingredients: Serve 4 4 thick King salmon or Atlantic salmon Vegetable oil Lime wedges Marinade 2 pinches of salt 2 teaspoons chilli powder juice of 1 lime 1 teaspoon sugar 2 teaspoons garlic paste 2 teaspoons ginger paste Crust 180g white split peas (urad dal) 1...
Ingredients: Mornay Sauce 25gm unsalted butter 25gm Laucke plain flour 1 cup full cream milk 80gm Gruyere cheese grated Salt White pepper For the Sandwich Four thick slices white bread 100gm unsalted butter 2 tsp Dijon mustard 4 slices Gruyere cheese (80gm) 200gm...
Ingredients: 500g kangaroo sirloin cut into thin strips 2 tablespoons cornflour 2 tablespoon sunflower oil for frying 2 green capsicums – cut into strips 2 bunch of broccolini – bottom end removed and cut in half 1 bunch green onions – green and whites finely chopped...