Sweet Chilli SauceElena Duggan
- 4 Red bullhorn chilies, roughly chopped
- 10 Long red/ Red serrano chilies, roughly chopped
- 10g Chili seeds, dried
- 50g Fish sauce
- 50g Apple cider vinegar
- 250g Water
- 50g Stevia (or Monk fruit)
- 50g White chia seeds
- Place all ingredients except water into a food processor and blitz until a rough paste forms.
- Transfer to a small pot, add water and simmer for 15 minutes or until the chilies are cooked through and soft.
- Allow liquid to cool and thicken upon standing.
- Transfer to a clean, sterilized jar and refrigerate up to four weeks.
- Alternatively, place in ice cube trays and freeze small portions ready for use for up to four months.
- Use as an accompaniment to many dishes, burgers, chips, eggs, etc.
- Gluten free
- Lactose free
- Nut free
- Low fructose/ low sugar
- Vegan / vegetarian option – leave out fish sauce, replace with salt and lime juice to taste
Ingredients: 100g glass noodles (bean thread vermicelli) 2 Lebanese cucumbers, thinly sliced using a vegetable peeler 4 spring onions, thinly sliced on diagonal 2 eschalots, thinly sliced 1 cup coriander sprigs 1 cup flat-leaf parsley sprigs 1-2 small red chillies,...
Ingredients: 320g semolina plus a little extra 40g greens such as spinach or Tuscan kale Extra Virgin Olive Oil Sea salt and cracked pepper Pesto 1 garlic clove, peeled 20g pine nuts 50g wild rocket 25g parmesan plus a little extra Juice of 1 lemon Method: To make the...
Ingredients: 4 duck breast 1 tablspoon brown sugar ½ tablespoon salt ¼ bunch thyme 1 tsp five spice butter garlic Sauce 1/3 cup sugar 1/3 cup fresh orange juice (from 1 to 2 oranges) segments of one orange 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar 1/8 teaspoon salt 2 to 4...
Ingredients: Serve 4 4 thick King salmon or Atlantic salmon Vegetable oil Lime wedges Marinade 2 pinches of salt 2 teaspoons chilli powder juice of 1 lime 1 teaspoon sugar 2 teaspoons garlic paste 2 teaspoons ginger paste Crust 180g white split peas (urad dal) 1...
Ingredients: Mornay Sauce 25gm unsalted butter 25gm Laucke plain flour 1 cup full cream milk 80gm Gruyere cheese grated Salt White pepper For the Sandwich Four thick slices white bread 100gm unsalted butter 2 tsp Dijon mustard 4 slices Gruyere cheese (80gm) 200gm...
Ingredients: 500g kangaroo sirloin cut into thin strips 2 tablespoons cornflour 2 tablespoon sunflower oil for frying 2 green capsicums – cut into strips 2 bunch of broccolini – bottom end removed and cut in half 1 bunch green onions – green and whites finely chopped...