Sweet Chilli SauceElena Duggan
- 4 Red bullhorn chilies, roughly chopped
- 10 Long red/ Red serrano chilies, roughly chopped
- 10g Chili seeds, dried
- 50g Fish sauce
- 50g Apple cider vinegar
- 250g Water
- 50g Stevia (or Monk fruit)
- 50g White chia seeds
- Place all ingredients except water into a food processor and blitz until a rough paste forms.
- Transfer to a small pot, add water and simmer for 15 minutes or until the chilies are cooked through and soft.
- Allow liquid to cool and thicken upon standing.
- Transfer to a clean, sterilized jar and refrigerate up to four weeks.
- Alternatively, place in ice cube trays and freeze small portions ready for use for up to four months.
- Use as an accompaniment to many dishes, burgers, chips, eggs, etc.
- Gluten free
- Lactose free
- Nut free
- Low fructose/ low sugar
- Vegan / vegetarian option – leave out fish sauce, replace with salt and lime juice to taste
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...