Sweet Chilli SauceElena Duggan
- 4 Red bullhorn chilies, roughly chopped
- 10 Long red/ Red serrano chilies, roughly chopped
- 10g Chili seeds, dried
- 50g Fish sauce
- 50g Apple cider vinegar
- 250g Water
- 50g Stevia (or Monk fruit)
- 50g White chia seeds
- Place all ingredients except water into a food processor and blitz until a rough paste forms.
- Transfer to a small pot, add water and simmer for 15 minutes or until the chilies are cooked through and soft.
- Allow liquid to cool and thicken upon standing.
- Transfer to a clean, sterilized jar and refrigerate up to four weeks.
- Alternatively, place in ice cube trays and freeze small portions ready for use for up to four months.
- Use as an accompaniment to many dishes, burgers, chips, eggs, etc.
- Gluten free
- Lactose free
- Nut free
- Low fructose/ low sugar
- Vegan / vegetarian option – leave out fish sauce, replace with salt and lime juice to taste
Ingredients: Serves: 4 800g Hanger Steak Sea Salt 1 small yellow pepper, seeds removed, roughly chopped 6 Yellow baby Tomatoes 1 small red chilli, seeds removed ½ tsp dried flaked chillies 2 Garlic cloves, peeled 20g fresh parsley, including any tender stalks 10g each...
Ingredients: 4 roma tomatoes ½ brown onion, finely diced 2 garlic cloves, finely diced 1 tbsp chilli oil ½ cup white wine 500g goolwa pippies 1 cup parsley leaves, chopped 250g fresh taglierini or linguine 1 lemon, juice only 50g unsalted butter Sea salt flakes Black...
Ingredients: 3 cups plain flour, plus extra Salt 1 ¼ cups warm water 150ml Peanut oil, plus extra Cheese Filling: 500g ricotta cheese 100gm Greek fetta 300gm cottage cheese 300ml thickened cream 2 eggs Salt Method: Combine the cheeses in a large bowl and mix together,...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Velisha Farms 1 tbsp oil 225g Chicken mince 2 tbsp fish sauce 1 lime, juice only 1 tsp caster sugar 3 spring onions, finely chopped ¼ cucumber, finely diced 2 red chillies, finely sliced 1cm ginger,...
Ingredients: 6 chicken thighs 3 cups fresh breadcrumbs ½ bunch parsley 100g parmigiano cheese 2 garlic cloves Sea salt Black pepper Flour, for dusting 2 eggs Method: Blitz the parsley, cheese and garlic into a fine crumb and mix through the breadcrumbs. Season with...
Ingredients: 1/2 head of cauliflower, outer leaves removed and retained, cauliflower chopped into florets. 1 clove of garlic - peeled & sliced in half 1 tsp of sultanas or raisins (optional) 6 black peppercorns 1/4 tsp turmeric 1/4 tsp curry powder 3/4 cup...