Sweet Chilli SauceElena Duggan
- 4 Red bullhorn chilies, roughly chopped
- 10 Long red/ Red serrano chilies, roughly chopped
- 10g Chili seeds, dried
- 50g Fish sauce
- 50g Apple cider vinegar
- 250g Water
- 50g Stevia (or Monk fruit)
- 50g White chia seeds
- Place all ingredients except water into a food processor and blitz until a rough paste forms.
- Transfer to a small pot, add water and simmer for 15 minutes or until the chilies are cooked through and soft.
- Allow liquid to cool and thicken upon standing.
- Transfer to a clean, sterilized jar and refrigerate up to four weeks.
- Alternatively, place in ice cube trays and freeze small portions ready for use for up to four months.
- Use as an accompaniment to many dishes, burgers, chips, eggs, etc.
- Gluten free
- Lactose free
- Nut free
- Low fructose/ low sugar
- Vegan / vegetarian option – leave out fish sauce, replace with salt and lime juice to taste
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...