Sweet Tooth Salad with Green BeansJemma O'Hanlon
- 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on
- 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch sea salt
- Cracked black pepper
- 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes
- Handful Australian green beans
- 4 Australian prunes
- ¼ cup Australian pecans
- 2 tbsp goats cheese
- 2 cups Australian rocket
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp Australian extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Slice the pumpkin and artichokes and place onto an oven tray lined with baking paper.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place in the oven for about 30 minutes or until the veg are cooked and a little crispy around the edges.
- Blanch the green beans in a pot of boiling water for about 3 minutes or until the colour becomes even more vibrant. Remove immediately and place in an ice bath to bring the temperature right now.
- Slice prunes into quarters.
- On a salad plate place pumpkin and Jerusalem artichokes. Top with green beans, rocket, prunes, pecans and sprinkle with goats cheese.
- Heat honey in the microwave for about 20 seconds. Stir in olive oil, and using a spoon, drizzle the dressing over the salad. Enjoy.
Tip: This hearty salad can be served while the pumpkin is still warm. Omit the Jerusalem artichokes if you can’t find them or use sliced Australian potatoes instead.
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...