Sweet Tooth Salad with Green BeansJemma O'Hanlon
- 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on
- 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch sea salt
- Cracked black pepper
- 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes
- Handful Australian green beans
- 4 Australian prunes
- ¼ cup Australian pecans
- 2 tbsp goats cheese
- 2 cups Australian rocket
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp Australian extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Slice the pumpkin and artichokes and place onto an oven tray lined with baking paper.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place in the oven for about 30 minutes or until the veg are cooked and a little crispy around the edges.
- Blanch the green beans in a pot of boiling water for about 3 minutes or until the colour becomes even more vibrant. Remove immediately and place in an ice bath to bring the temperature right now.
- Slice prunes into quarters.
- On a salad plate place pumpkin and Jerusalem artichokes. Top with green beans, rocket, prunes, pecans and sprinkle with goats cheese.
- Heat honey in the microwave for about 20 seconds. Stir in olive oil, and using a spoon, drizzle the dressing over the salad. Enjoy.
Tip: This hearty salad can be served while the pumpkin is still warm. Omit the Jerusalem artichokes if you can’t find them or use sliced Australian potatoes instead.
Ingredients: 250g fresh pasta 3 large free range eggs 40g parmigiano cheese 150g smoked pancetta / guanciale Sea salt flakes Black pepper Method: In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, parmigiano cheese, salt and pepper. In the meantime, place the diced pancetta into a fry...
Ingredients: Makes 12-24 Leftover Lasagne ¼ cup plain flour 2 eggs 1-2 cups Panko crumbs Anchovy Mayonnaise 1 large egg yolk 1 tsp Dijon mustard ½ tsp lemon zest 2 Tbsp lemon juice 1 cup light extra virgin olive oil 6-7 anchovy fillets in oil, drained, finely chopped...
Ingredients: This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian Inspirations Serves 2 240g cabbage (finely chopped) 80g spring onion (finely chopped) 160g squid tube (finely chopped) 3 tbsp vegetable oil Batter: 120g plain flour 1 tsp baking powder 4 eggs 2 tsp...
Ingredients: 2 brown onion, finely diced 2 garlic cloves, chopped 2 carrots, finely diced 2 celery sticks, finely diced 100g pancetta, finely diced 4 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes 4 fresh bay leaves 1 sprig rosemary, finely chopped 1/4 bunch sage, finely chopped 150g...
Ingredients: 110g Safcol Sardines in Springwater, drained 2 tbsp oil 1 clove garlic, sliced 2 slices ginger, julienned 2 spring onions, cut to 2cm lengths 1 tbsp brandy (you may substitute this with Chinese cooking wine) 2 tsp black bean sauce (available in the Asian...
Ingredients: Makes 500ml 500g Red chilli 125g Red onion 25g garlic cloves 250ml lime juice 125ml fish sauce 125g sugar caster 50ml soy sauce 50ml rice vinegar Method: Blitz red chilli, onion and garlic in the robo-coup on pulse setting, it should still be quite coarse...