Sweet Tooth Salad with Green BeansJemma O'Hanlon
- 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on
- 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch sea salt
- Cracked black pepper
- 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes
- Handful Australian green beans
- 4 Australian prunes
- ¼ cup Australian pecans
- 2 tbsp goats cheese
- 2 cups Australian rocket
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp Australian extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Slice the pumpkin and artichokes and place onto an oven tray lined with baking paper.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place in the oven for about 30 minutes or until the veg are cooked and a little crispy around the edges.
- Blanch the green beans in a pot of boiling water for about 3 minutes or until the colour becomes even more vibrant. Remove immediately and place in an ice bath to bring the temperature right now.
- Slice prunes into quarters.
- On a salad plate place pumpkin and Jerusalem artichokes. Top with green beans, rocket, prunes, pecans and sprinkle with goats cheese.
- Heat honey in the microwave for about 20 seconds. Stir in olive oil, and using a spoon, drizzle the dressing over the salad. Enjoy.
Tip: This hearty salad can be served while the pumpkin is still warm. Omit the Jerusalem artichokes if you can’t find them or use sliced Australian potatoes instead.
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...
Ingredients: Serves 4 1 ½ litres beef or vegetable stock ½ teaspoon of saffron 1 small onion, peeled and finely diced 1 stick of celery, slightly peeled, washed and finely diced Tablespoon of olive oil 200g-risotto rice, I use vialano nano 1 bay leaf Splash of good...