Sweet Tooth Salad with Green BeansJemma O'Hanlon
- 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on
- 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch sea salt
- Cracked black pepper
- 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes
- Handful Australian green beans
- 4 Australian prunes
- ¼ cup Australian pecans
- 2 tbsp goats cheese
- 2 cups Australian rocket
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp Australian extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Slice the pumpkin and artichokes and place onto an oven tray lined with baking paper.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place in the oven for about 30 minutes or until the veg are cooked and a little crispy around the edges.
- Blanch the green beans in a pot of boiling water for about 3 minutes or until the colour becomes even more vibrant. Remove immediately and place in an ice bath to bring the temperature right now.
- Slice prunes into quarters.
- On a salad plate place pumpkin and Jerusalem artichokes. Top with green beans, rocket, prunes, pecans and sprinkle with goats cheese.
- Heat honey in the microwave for about 20 seconds. Stir in olive oil, and using a spoon, drizzle the dressing over the salad. Enjoy.
Tip: This hearty salad can be served while the pumpkin is still warm. Omit the Jerusalem artichokes if you can’t find them or use sliced Australian potatoes instead.
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...