Taiwanese Three Cup ChickenKaren Chan
- 600g Chicken drumettes
- 15-20 cloves Garlic (peeled)
- 1pc Ginger (small, sliced)
- 1 cup Fresh Thai basil leaves
- Seasoning Mix
- 1/3 cup Yeo’s Light Soy Sauce
- 1/3 cup Rice wine
- 1/3 cup Yeo’s Pure Sesame Oil
- 3tbsp Rock sugar
- 3pcs Bird’s eye chillies (optional)
- Heat oil in a large wok or clay pot, and then add garlic and ginger. Stir fry for about 1 min.
- Add chicken and continue to cook the chicken on medium heat for about 10 mins until it is browned on all sides.
- Stir in all the ingredients for the seasoning mix, and leave it simmer for 20 mins for the sauce to evaporate and thicken. The sauce should have a velvety coat around the chicken.
- Add basil in and let it simmer for 2 min with the lid on.
- Dish out and serve with a hot bowl of rice.
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...
Ingredients: 300ml milk, plus extra 7g sachet of dried yeast 25g white caster sugar 50g shortening or lard 425g plain flour, plus extra 20g polenta, optional Unsalted butter Method: Gently warm the milk in a pan until lukewarm or body temperature, 37ºC. Add the yeast...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Ingredients: 1 medium cauliflower, leaves and stalk trimmed, cut into wedges 400g can lentils, drained and rinsed 1 small white onion, thinly sliced Juice of 1/2 lemon 1 1/2 tbsp extra virgin...