Thai Green Papaya SaladElena Duggan
- 3lge Green mangoes or papayas, shredded
- 3lge Nashi fruit, shredded/ julienned
- 200g Fresh or frozen coconut flesh, strips
- 1lge Asian shallot, finely sliced
- 1 Red banana chili, stripped/ julienned
- 6lge Kaffir lime leaves, finely shredded/ chiffonade
- ½ bunch Thai basil, leaves only
- ½ bunch Coriander, leaves only
- Up to 50g Chili jam or sambal to serve, quantity/ heat as desired
- 50g Crispy fried shallots, to serve
- 100g TCC Coconut milk
- 2 Limes, juice and zest, extra for presentation
- 20g Squid Fish sauce
- 1 long Red chili, deseeded, finely diced
- Up to 50g Stevia, to taste
- For vegetarian and vegan options, replace fish sauce with Murray River salt to taste.
- To increase Keto option and good fats, you can include a sliced avocado in this recipe and include coconut oil in the dressing.
- To create your dressing, thoroughly combine ingredients in a small jug, set aside to allow stevia to thoroughly dissolve. Mix once again before serving.
- Presentation of this salad can be layered in order of ingredients list, or mixed thoroughly in a large bowl first before topping with fried shallots, chili jam and dressing.
- This can be served as a side salad to accompany crispy fried whole fish, or Thai barbecue chicken, or grilled pork.
- Shallow fried shredded Kaffir lime leaves provide another textural, fragrant and tasty option if you have time and inclination.
- Gluten free
- Grain free
- Low Fructose / Minimal sugar
- Keto Friendly, optional
- Vegetarian, optional
- Vegan, optional
- Dairy free
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...