Thai Green Papaya SaladElena Duggan
- 3lge Green mangoes or papayas, shredded
- 3lge Nashi fruit, shredded/ julienned
- 200g Fresh or frozen coconut flesh, strips
- 1lge Asian shallot, finely sliced
- 1 Red banana chili, stripped/ julienned
- 6lge Kaffir lime leaves, finely shredded/ chiffonade
- ½ bunch Thai basil, leaves only
- ½ bunch Coriander, leaves only
- Up to 50g Chili jam or sambal to serve, quantity/ heat as desired
- 50g Crispy fried shallots, to serve
- 100g TCC Coconut milk
- 2 Limes, juice and zest, extra for presentation
- 20g Squid Fish sauce
- 1 long Red chili, deseeded, finely diced
- Up to 50g Stevia, to taste
- For vegetarian and vegan options, replace fish sauce with Murray River salt to taste.
- To increase Keto option and good fats, you can include a sliced avocado in this recipe and include coconut oil in the dressing.
- To create your dressing, thoroughly combine ingredients in a small jug, set aside to allow stevia to thoroughly dissolve. Mix once again before serving.
- Presentation of this salad can be layered in order of ingredients list, or mixed thoroughly in a large bowl first before topping with fried shallots, chili jam and dressing.
- This can be served as a side salad to accompany crispy fried whole fish, or Thai barbecue chicken, or grilled pork.
- Shallow fried shredded Kaffir lime leaves provide another textural, fragrant and tasty option if you have time and inclination.
- Gluten free
- Grain free
- Low Fructose / Minimal sugar
- Keto Friendly, optional
- Vegetarian, optional
- Vegan, optional
- Dairy free
Ingredients: 4 duck breast 1 tablspoon brown sugar ½ tablespoon salt ¼ bunch thyme 1 tsp five spice butter garlic Sauce 1/3 cup sugar 1/3 cup fresh orange juice (from 1 to 2 oranges) segments of one orange 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar 1/8 teaspoon salt 2 to 4...
Ingredients: Serve 4 4 thick King salmon or Atlantic salmon Vegetable oil Lime wedges Marinade 2 pinches of salt 2 teaspoons chilli powder juice of 1 lime 1 teaspoon sugar 2 teaspoons garlic paste 2 teaspoons ginger paste Crust 180g white split peas (urad dal) 1...
Ingredients: Mornay Sauce 25gm unsalted butter 25gm Laucke plain flour 1 cup full cream milk 80gm Gruyere cheese grated Salt White pepper For the Sandwich Four thick slices white bread 100gm unsalted butter 2 tsp Dijon mustard 4 slices Gruyere cheese (80gm) 200gm...
Ingredients: 500g kangaroo sirloin cut into thin strips 2 tablespoons cornflour 2 tablespoon sunflower oil for frying 2 green capsicums – cut into strips 2 bunch of broccolini – bottom end removed and cut in half 1 bunch green onions – green and whites finely chopped...
Ingredients: Makes Two 4 rounds or Rye bread slices 300gm sliced pastrami 100gm sauerkraut 200gm comte cheese or cheddar 2 large garlic and dill pickles cut in half 4 tbsp kewpie mayo 1 tbsp hot English mustard 100gm butter soft Method: Combine the hot English mustard...
Ingredients: Serves 4 1 ½ cups plain flour 1 teaspoon baking powder 4 eggs separated 1 cup butter milk 1 cup ricotta 1 cup corn frozen 1 small bunch coriander leaves chopped 1 lg smashed avo 200gm chopped tomatoes 1/4 medium red onion sliced 1 clove of garlic chopped...