Thai Green Papaya SaladElena Duggan
- 3lge Green mangoes or papayas, shredded
- 3lge Nashi fruit, shredded/ julienned
- 200g Fresh or frozen coconut flesh, strips
- 1lge Asian shallot, finely sliced
- 1 Red banana chili, stripped/ julienned
- 6lge Kaffir lime leaves, finely shredded/ chiffonade
- ½ bunch Thai basil, leaves only
- ½ bunch Coriander, leaves only
- Up to 50g Chili jam or sambal to serve, quantity/ heat as desired
- 50g Crispy fried shallots, to serve
- 100g TCC Coconut milk
- 2 Limes, juice and zest, extra for presentation
- 20g Squid Fish sauce
- 1 long Red chili, deseeded, finely diced
- Up to 50g Stevia, to taste
- For vegetarian and vegan options, replace fish sauce with Murray River salt to taste.
- To increase Keto option and good fats, you can include a sliced avocado in this recipe and include coconut oil in the dressing.
- To create your dressing, thoroughly combine ingredients in a small jug, set aside to allow stevia to thoroughly dissolve. Mix once again before serving.
- Presentation of this salad can be layered in order of ingredients list, or mixed thoroughly in a large bowl first before topping with fried shallots, chili jam and dressing.
- This can be served as a side salad to accompany crispy fried whole fish, or Thai barbecue chicken, or grilled pork.
- Shallow fried shredded Kaffir lime leaves provide another textural, fragrant and tasty option if you have time and inclination.
- Gluten free
- Grain free
- Low Fructose / Minimal sugar
- Keto Friendly, optional
- Vegetarian, optional
- Vegan, optional
- Dairy free
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...