Thai Green Papaya SaladElena Duggan
- 3lge Green mangoes or papayas, shredded
- 3lge Nashi fruit, shredded/ julienned
- 200g Fresh or frozen coconut flesh, strips
- 1lge Asian shallot, finely sliced
- 1 Red banana chili, stripped/ julienned
- 6lge Kaffir lime leaves, finely shredded/ chiffonade
- ½ bunch Thai basil, leaves only
- ½ bunch Coriander, leaves only
- Up to 50g Chili jam or sambal to serve, quantity/ heat as desired
- 50g Crispy fried shallots, to serve
- 100g TCC Coconut milk
- 2 Limes, juice and zest, extra for presentation
- 20g Squid Fish sauce
- 1 long Red chili, deseeded, finely diced
- Up to 50g Stevia, to taste
- For vegetarian and vegan options, replace fish sauce with Murray River salt to taste.
- To increase Keto option and good fats, you can include a sliced avocado in this recipe and include coconut oil in the dressing.
- To create your dressing, thoroughly combine ingredients in a small jug, set aside to allow stevia to thoroughly dissolve. Mix once again before serving.
- Presentation of this salad can be layered in order of ingredients list, or mixed thoroughly in a large bowl first before topping with fried shallots, chili jam and dressing.
- This can be served as a side salad to accompany crispy fried whole fish, or Thai barbecue chicken, or grilled pork.
- Shallow fried shredded Kaffir lime leaves provide another textural, fragrant and tasty option if you have time and inclination.
- Gluten free
- Grain free
- Low Fructose / Minimal sugar
- Keto Friendly, optional
- Vegetarian, optional
- Vegan, optional
- Dairy free
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...