Zucchini, Carrot and Leek soupSimone Austin
Serves 6 Medium Bowls
- 5 scoops Ensure Vanilla Powder
- 2 leeks, finely chopped
- 750g zucchini, sliced
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1 large potato, cubed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 ½ cups water
- 3 chicken stock cubes
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Trim leeks and wash thoroughly. Slice leeks and zucchini, peel and slice carrot and potato.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan, add vegetables, stir to coat vegetables.
- Cover pan and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring.
- Add water, stock cubes, pepper and mix well. Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer covered until vegetables are tender. Stir in parsley.
- Use a stick blender to blend. Mix the Ensure vanilla powder in 1/3 cup water. Stir in and mix through, reheat without boiling and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Ingredients: Filling: 1 bunch silverbeet, chopped finely 500g ricotta 1 egg 50g grated parmigiano cheese Sea salt Freshly cracked black pepper 1/3 nutmeg grated Sugo: 2 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 garlic clove, finely chopped 1 long red...
Ingredients: 100g butter 200g finely grated pecorino cheese Salt Black pepper, freshly ground Pasta Dough: 100g semolina flour 100g plain flour 80ml - 100ml water Pinch of salt Method: Make the pasta dough and allow it to rest for 20 minutes. Cut the dough into long...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors 2 tablespoons butter 1 small onion, finely minced 200g mushrooms, preferably oyster or shiitake, sliced 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely sliced 2 tablespoons sake Sea salt and freshly...
Ingredients: 2 tbsp. olive oil 1 brown onion finely diced 1 red capsicum, diced 1cm x 1cm Sea salt and black pepper 4 cloves garlic, finely sliced 1 Tbsp ground cumin 1 Tsp. smoked paprika 425 g diced tomatoes tablespoon tomato paste 200 ml water, plus more as needed...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 200g King George whiting, cut into strips 8 small soft shell taco wraps ¼ Red cabbage, thinly sliced Canola Oil for frying Tempura Batter: 100g Rice Flour 100g 00 Flour 10ml Ice cold sparkling Green Chilli Sauce: 2 ripe kiwi fruit 4 spring...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Supreme Caravans 80g Octopus 50g Burnt Aubergine 10ml Nduja glaze 1 Thick slice white sourdough toast 10g butter, salted Octopus: 300g Octopus, cleaned 2 limes, zested and sliced 2 Birdseye chilli, cut...