Basque CheesecakeMatt Sinclair
- 430g cream cheese, room temperature
- 120g caster sugar
- 270ml thickened cream (at least 30% fat)
- 20g plain flour, sifted
- 3 eggs
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt (approx. 1/2-1 tsp)
- Preheat oven to 220C fan forced/ 240C without fan. Line a 20cm loose-bottom cake tin with baking paper, also lining the sides.
- Using a stand mixer with the paddle connection, mix the cream cheese and sugar together on the lowest speed until smooth. Add eggs 1 at a time and incorporating well after each one. Stop the mixer between each addition to scrape down the sides.
- Meanwhile, add a small amount of cream together with the flour in a small bowl and whisk to remove any lumps. Add the remaining cream and whisk until smooth.
- Add the cream mixture to the mixer and keep the speed on low. Add the lemon juice, vanilla and salt. Mix slowly until well combined, avoiding any aeration.
- Pour into prepared cake tin and place in the oven for 30-35 minutes or until it wobbles like set custard (relatively firm but with a wobble in the centre). Be sure to turn the cake around at the halfway mark to ensure even colouring.
- Remove and set aside to cool for at least 3 hours before removing it from the cake tin.
Ingredients: 150g raisins 100ml grappa 400g plain flour 10g yeast 115g sugar 2 eggs 150ml milk 30g toasted pine nuts Zest 1 orange Zest 1 lemon 50g chopped candied fruit Canola oil, for frying Method: Soak the raisins in grappa and let them plump up for 5 minutes,...
Ingredients: 600g assorted stone fruit* Extra virgin olive oil 1 lemon 1 vanilla bean 300g thick Greek yoghurt 2 tbsp floral honey 50g salted macadamia, coarsely chopped Method: Cut and drizzle fruit with olive oil and grill, cut sides down, until juicy and charred,...
Ingredients:Serves 2 4x scoops Ensure chocolate powder 1 cup milk ½ cup cream 1 tbsp. caster sugar 1 tbsp. cornflour 1 tbsp. cocoa powder, sifted 2 tbsp. boiling water 2 egg yolks Shaved dark chocolate and fresh berries to serve Method: Gently heat the milk and cream...
Ingredients: Serves 1 1 1⁄2 cups frozen mixed berries 3 teaspoons chia seeds 1 cup natural yoghurt 3 scoops Ensure Vanilla Powder 3 tablespoons oats 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon 1⁄2 kiwifruit, sliced (try keeping the skin on) 1 tablespoon dry roasted almonds, roughly...
Ingredients: 175g Oats 3 ripe bananas 1 tbsp honey 1/2 tsp baking powder 3 tbsp almond butter 1 punnet of frozen blueberries Method: 1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees 2. Puree the bananas together in a mixing bowl, until a thick paste. Fold in the oats, baking powder,...
Ingredients: Serves 8-12 175g unsalted butter, chopped 220g 65% + dark chocolate, finely chopped 175g caster sugar 110g brown sugar 6 eggs 140g almond meal 2 tbsp cocoa 1/2 tsp sea salt Icing sugar to dust Serve with Raspberries and Cream (optional) Method: Preheat...