Basque CheesecakeMatt Sinclair
- 430g cream cheese, room temperature
- 120g caster sugar
- 270ml thickened cream (at least 30% fat)
- 20g plain flour, sifted
- 3 eggs
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt (approx. 1/2-1 tsp)
- Preheat oven to 220C fan forced/ 240C without fan. Line a 20cm loose-bottom cake tin with baking paper, also lining the sides.
- Using a stand mixer with the paddle connection, mix the cream cheese and sugar together on the lowest speed until smooth. Add eggs 1 at a time and incorporating well after each one. Stop the mixer between each addition to scrape down the sides.
- Meanwhile, add a small amount of cream together with the flour in a small bowl and whisk to remove any lumps. Add the remaining cream and whisk until smooth.
- Add the cream mixture to the mixer and keep the speed on low. Add the lemon juice, vanilla and salt. Mix slowly until well combined, avoiding any aeration.
- Pour into prepared cake tin and place in the oven for 30-35 minutes or until it wobbles like set custard (relatively firm but with a wobble in the centre). Be sure to turn the cake around at the halfway mark to ensure even colouring.
- Remove and set aside to cool for at least 3 hours before removing it from the cake tin.
Ingredients:BASE 3 Egg Yolks 1/2 cup Caster Sugar 125g soft butter 2 cups Self-Raising flour 1 cup orange juice Vanilla TOPPING 3 egg whites 1/2 cup caster sugar 1 cup desiccated coconut Method: Beat butter and sugar until creamy. Add yolks and vanilla. Fold in the...
Ingredients: Plant-based milk Chia seeds Cacao powder Maple syrup Vanilla extract or paste Method: Combine all of the ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. If you prefer to eat the seeds whole, you can skip the blender and combine the ingredients...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Healthy Life.Ingredients: 2 salmon fillets, skin off 1 cup edamame beans, frozen and blanched 1 Lebanese cucumber, sliced thinly 1 carrot, ribboned 1 avocado, diced 1/2 bunch spring onions, sliced 1 cup cooked brown...
Ingredients: 7 gm (1 sachet) dried yeast 360 gm plain flour 55 gm (¼ cup) caster sugar 150 ml lukewarm milk 40 gm softened butter 1 egg 250 gm milk chocolate, finely chopped 190 gm crème fraîche 70 ml pouring cream For deep-frying: vegetable oil 3-4 Tim Tams, coarsely...
Ingredients: 4 cups full cream milk 1/2 cup medium-grain rice 1 + 1/2 cups of water 1/4 tsp salt 1/2 cup caster sugar 2 tbs heaped tbsp cornflour 1 Vanilla bean or 1 tsp vanilla bean paste Traditional topping option Greek Cinnamon to dust the top Or Lotus Biscoff...
Ingredients: 1 very ripe banana (about 120g) 3 eggs, whisked 20g scoop vanilla plant-based protein powder 2 teaspoons of maple syrup 70g (1/2cup) quartered strawberries 1 tablespoon tapioca flour 1 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil Method: SERVES 1 Place your banana in...