Basque CheesecakeMatt Sinclair
- 430g cream cheese, room temperature
- 120g caster sugar
- 270ml thickened cream (at least 30% fat)
- 20g plain flour, sifted
- 3 eggs
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt (approx. 1/2-1 tsp)
- Preheat oven to 220C fan forced/ 240C without fan. Line a 20cm loose-bottom cake tin with baking paper, also lining the sides.
- Using a stand mixer with the paddle connection, mix the cream cheese and sugar together on the lowest speed until smooth. Add eggs 1 at a time and incorporating well after each one. Stop the mixer between each addition to scrape down the sides.
- Meanwhile, add a small amount of cream together with the flour in a small bowl and whisk to remove any lumps. Add the remaining cream and whisk until smooth.
- Add the cream mixture to the mixer and keep the speed on low. Add the lemon juice, vanilla and salt. Mix slowly until well combined, avoiding any aeration.
- Pour into prepared cake tin and place in the oven for 30-35 minutes or until it wobbles like set custard (relatively firm but with a wobble in the centre). Be sure to turn the cake around at the halfway mark to ensure even colouring.
- Remove and set aside to cool for at least 3 hours before removing it from the cake tin.
Banana Breakfast Bar
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at JC’s Quality Foods Ingredients: 1 ½ cups raw cashews 1 ½ desiccated coconut 3 medium ripe bananas, peeled and chopped 10 fresh dates, pitted 2 tsp vanilla extract ⅓ cup raw cacao powder ½ tsp bicarbonate of...
Ingredients: 500g unsalted room temp butter + extra for greasing 250g self-raising flour + extra for dusting 250g golden caster sugar 5 large free-range eggs 100ml milk ½ tsp vanilla extract ½ tp baking powder 250g quality dark chocolate (70%) 100g icing sugar 300g...
Raspberry Grappa Jam Drops
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at JC’s Quality Foods Ingredients: 2 cups (300g) Buckwheat flour 1 ½ cups almond meal 1 tsp ground cinnamon ½ tsp sea salt flakes ¾ cup maple syrup ½ cup vegetable oil ⅓ cup raspberry jam Method: Preheat the...
Deep Fried Apple Pie
Ingredients: Oil, for frying For the Pastry: 250g plain white flour 90g cornflour 70g caster sugar 3g sea salt 70g cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces 10ml cider vinegar 120g water For the Filling: 4 Granny Smiths apples, peeled, cored & roughly chopped 65g...
Crème Brûlèe Donuts
Ingredients:Makes 12 donuts Oil, for frying For the Dough: 1 cup lukewarm milk 1 tbsp dried yeast 1/3 cup caster sugar 3 egg yolks 1 tsp vanilla paste 4 tbsp soft butter 4 1/4 cups plain flour For the Custard: 1/2 cup sugar 3 tbsp cornflour 2 cups milk 4 yolks 2 tsps...
Banana Crepes with Banana Caramel
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 200g plain flour 100 caster sugar 200ml milk, full fat 1 whole egg 1 egg yolk 50g butter Icing sugar, for dusting For Bananas: 75g caster sugar 30g butter, salted Banana...