Basque CheesecakeMatt Sinclair
- 430g cream cheese, room temperature
- 120g caster sugar
- 270ml thickened cream (at least 30% fat)
- 20g plain flour, sifted
- 3 eggs
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt (approx. 1/2-1 tsp)
- Preheat oven to 220C fan forced/ 240C without fan. Line a 20cm loose-bottom cake tin with baking paper, also lining the sides.
- Using a stand mixer with the paddle connection, mix the cream cheese and sugar together on the lowest speed until smooth. Add eggs 1 at a time and incorporating well after each one. Stop the mixer between each addition to scrape down the sides.
- Meanwhile, add a small amount of cream together with the flour in a small bowl and whisk to remove any lumps. Add the remaining cream and whisk until smooth.
- Add the cream mixture to the mixer and keep the speed on low. Add the lemon juice, vanilla and salt. Mix slowly until well combined, avoiding any aeration.
- Pour into prepared cake tin and place in the oven for 30-35 minutes or until it wobbles like set custard (relatively firm but with a wobble in the centre). Be sure to turn the cake around at the halfway mark to ensure even colouring.
- Remove and set aside to cool for at least 3 hours before removing it from the cake tin.
Ingredients: 185 g dates 1 cup water 60g butter 2 eggs 185g self raising flour 185g sugar 1tsp baking powder ½ tsp vanilla paste Butterscotch Sauce: 1 cup cream ¾ cup brown sugar 2 tbsp butter Pinch of salt Method: Bring the dates and water to a boil, then remove from...
Ingredients: 4 Lady Finger Bananas Woodchips for smoking in a fire or hibachi Dulce De Leche Creme: 2 Tbsp Dulce de leche 200ml Cream Chocolate Sauce: 150ml full-fat milk 150ml double cream 300g dark chocolate, broken into pieces 1 tsp vanilla extract To Serve: 1 tbsp...
Ingredients: 3 eggs, separated 6 tbsp caster sugar 500 g mascarpone cream 500ml espresso coffee 80ml marsala 500g savoiardi biscotti ( 1 large packet ) Dark chocolate, to grate Cocoa powder, to dust Method: Beat the egg yolks and half the sugar in a bowl for 5 minutes...
Ingredients: 1 pear, peeled and cored, diced 1 tsp ground cinnamon 125g unsalted butter ½ cup caster sugar 2 eggs 1 ½ cups plain flour 1 tsp baking powder Salt Streusal Crumb: 40g unsalted butter, chilled, diced 1/3 cup plain flour 2 Tbsp caster sugar Salt Method:...
Ingredients: 2 eggs 1 cup sugar ¾ cup vegetable oil 1 tsp vanilla essence 2 cups grated carrot 1 ¼ cups plain flour 1 tsp baking soda 2-3 tsp cinnamon 2-3 tsp mixed spice ½ tsp salt Lime Cream Cheese: 200g cream cheese, room temperature 1 ½ cups icing sugar, sifted...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 ¼ cup Nutella 8 thick slices of brioche 3 eggs ¼ cup milk 1 vanilla bean, scraped 40g butter 2 lady finger bananas 2 Tablespoons caster sugar 160g unsalted butter ¼ cup pistachios, chopped ¼ cup maple syrup Edible flowers to garnish Ice cream to...