Black Sesame Halva CheesecakeKhanh Ong
- 250g sweet chocolate biscuits
- 125g butter melted
- 500g cream cheese, softened
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 600ml thickened cream
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 3/4 cup milk powder
- Ground pistachios
- Dried Rose petals
- Raspberry coulis
- Process biscuits until finely crushed. Add butter and mix well.
- Press biscuit mixture into the base of a greased and lined 20 cm springform tin. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- In stand mixer, beat the cream cheese, 4 tablespoons of the black sesame tahini, vanilla and caster sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Add thickened cream and beat until batter becomes stiff. Pour into prepared tin, place prepared halva circle* on top and refrigerate overnight.
- To make the Halva, in a medium bowl mix together the remaining black sesame tahini, icing sugar and milk powder. knead for a few mins until a dough-like consistency forms. Roll out to 20cm diameter circle between two sheets of baking paper. Place in refrigerator to set (about 30mins).
- Tip: make this first so it has enough time to set by the time you need to place it on top of your cheesecake.
- To serve: spread a layer of ground pistachios on top of the cheesecake, and scatter rose petals. Remove from tin, slice and serve with raspberry coulis (if using).
Ingredients: 185 g dates 1 cup water 60g butter 2 eggs 185g self raising flour 185g sugar 1tsp baking powder ½ tsp vanilla paste Butterscotch Sauce: 1 cup cream ¾ cup brown sugar 2 tbsp butter Pinch of salt Method: Bring the dates and water to a boil, then remove from...
Ingredients: 4 Lady Finger Bananas Woodchips for smoking in a fire or hibachi Dulce De Leche Creme: 2 Tbsp Dulce de leche 200ml Cream Chocolate Sauce: 150ml full-fat milk 150ml double cream 300g dark chocolate, broken into pieces 1 tsp vanilla extract To Serve: 1 tbsp...
Ingredients: 3 eggs, separated 6 tbsp caster sugar 500 g mascarpone cream 500ml espresso coffee 80ml marsala 500g savoiardi biscotti ( 1 large packet ) Dark chocolate, to grate Cocoa powder, to dust Method: Beat the egg yolks and half the sugar in a bowl for 5 minutes...
Ingredients: 1 pear, peeled and cored, diced 1 tsp ground cinnamon 125g unsalted butter ½ cup caster sugar 2 eggs 1 ½ cups plain flour 1 tsp baking powder Salt Streusal Crumb: 40g unsalted butter, chilled, diced 1/3 cup plain flour 2 Tbsp caster sugar Salt Method:...
Ingredients: 2 eggs 1 cup sugar ¾ cup vegetable oil 1 tsp vanilla essence 2 cups grated carrot 1 ¼ cups plain flour 1 tsp baking soda 2-3 tsp cinnamon 2-3 tsp mixed spice ½ tsp salt Lime Cream Cheese: 200g cream cheese, room temperature 1 ½ cups icing sugar, sifted...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 ¼ cup Nutella 8 thick slices of brioche 3 eggs ¼ cup milk 1 vanilla bean, scraped 40g butter 2 lady finger bananas 2 Tablespoons caster sugar 160g unsalted butter ¼ cup pistachios, chopped ¼ cup maple syrup Edible flowers to garnish Ice cream to...