Black Sesame Halva CheesecakeKhanh Ong
- 250g sweet chocolate biscuits
- 125g butter melted
- 500g cream cheese, softened
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 600ml thickened cream
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 3/4 cup milk powder
- Ground pistachios
- Dried Rose petals
- Raspberry coulis
- Process biscuits until finely crushed. Add butter and mix well.
- Press biscuit mixture into the base of a greased and lined 20 cm springform tin. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- In stand mixer, beat the cream cheese, 4 tablespoons of the black sesame tahini, vanilla and caster sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Add thickened cream and beat until batter becomes stiff. Pour into prepared tin, place prepared halva circle* on top and refrigerate overnight.
- To make the Halva, in a medium bowl mix together the remaining black sesame tahini, icing sugar and milk powder. knead for a few mins until a dough-like consistency forms. Roll out to 20cm diameter circle between two sheets of baking paper. Place in refrigerator to set (about 30mins).
- Tip: make this first so it has enough time to set by the time you need to place it on top of your cheesecake.
- To serve: spread a layer of ground pistachios on top of the cheesecake, and scatter rose petals. Remove from tin, slice and serve with raspberry coulis (if using).
Ingredients:Makes 12 donuts Oil, for frying For the Dough: 1 cup lukewarm milk 1 tbsp dried yeast 1/3 cup caster sugar 3 egg yolks 1 tsp vanilla paste 4 tbsp soft butter 4 1/4 cups plain flour For the Custard: 1/2 cup sugar 3 tbsp cornflour 2 cups milk 4 yolks 2 tsps...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 200g plain flour 100 caster sugar 200ml milk, full fat 1 whole egg 1 egg yolk 50g butter Icing sugar, for dusting For Bananas: 75g caster sugar 30g butter, salted Banana...
Ingredients: 2 cups (300g) plain flour 3 tsp baking powder 1 cup (250ml) milk 2 ripe bananas 1 egg 1/3 cup (80g) brown sugar 2 tsp vanilla bean paste 1 tsp ground cinnamon 50g unsalted butter, melted, plus extra to brush 100g dark chocolate, chopped Golden syrup,...
Ingredients:Ingredients for the cookie dough 90g unsalted butter 80g soft light brown sugar 75g caster sugar 1tsp salt ½ tsp bicarbonate soda, sieved 1 eggs, whole 160g plain flour, sieved 100g milk chocolate buttons or block chopped 50g dark chocolate buttons or...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at JC’s Quality Foods Ingredients: Olive oil, for greasing 75g shelled pistachios 100g mixed seeds 250g rolled oats 8 Medjool dates 100g dried apricots 50g quality dark chocolate (70%) 100ml maple syrup 4...
Ingredients: 200g butter, softened 200g caster sugar 4 eggs 200g self raising flour 8 sticks of rhubarb 1 orange Crumble 100g plain flour ½ tsp ginger cinnamon 50g butter, diced 50g brown sugar To serve 300ml double cream whipped 2 tbsp ginger syrup Method: Preheat...