Black Sesame Halva CheesecakeKhanh Ong
- 250g sweet chocolate biscuits
- 125g butter melted
- 500g cream cheese, softened
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 600ml thickened cream
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 3/4 cup milk powder
- Ground pistachios
- Dried Rose petals
- Raspberry coulis
- Process biscuits until finely crushed. Add butter and mix well.
- Press biscuit mixture into the base of a greased and lined 20 cm springform tin. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- In stand mixer, beat the cream cheese, 4 tablespoons of the black sesame tahini, vanilla and caster sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Add thickened cream and beat until batter becomes stiff. Pour into prepared tin, place prepared halva circle* on top and refrigerate overnight.
- To make the Halva, in a medium bowl mix together the remaining black sesame tahini, icing sugar and milk powder. knead for a few mins until a dough-like consistency forms. Roll out to 20cm diameter circle between two sheets of baking paper. Place in refrigerator to set (about 30mins).
- Tip: make this first so it has enough time to set by the time you need to place it on top of your cheesecake.
- To serve: spread a layer of ground pistachios on top of the cheesecake, and scatter rose petals. Remove from tin, slice and serve with raspberry coulis (if using).
Ingredients: Makes 12 200g fresh or dried pitted dates, roughly chopped 300ml boiling water 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda (baking soda) 150g (2/3 cup) sugar 50g butter 2 eggs 1 teaspoon natural vanilla extract 170g plain (all-purpose) flour 2 teaspoons baking powder...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Flesh of 1 ripe Australian avocado 6 Medjool dates, pitted ¼ cup cacao powder ½ tsp vanilla extract Pinch sea salt To serve ¼ cup fresh Australian raspberries 1 tsp cacao nibs (optional) 1 sprig of fresh Australian mint Method: Place all...
Ingredients: Serves 2 2 passionfruit 1 lime, halved 1 tablespoon coconut sugar Approx 500ml sparkling water Ice Method: Distribute the brown sugar and lime juice between your serving glasses along with the pulp of a passionfruit per glass. Fill the glass with ice and...
Ingredients: Roasted bananas 300g Vanilla 1g Butter 112g Brown sugar 250g Eggs 100g Flour 275g Baking powder 10g Sea salt 5g Whipped Maple Butter Unsalted butter 250g Maple syrup 80g Sea salt 3g Method: Spread vanilla onto bananas, and roast in an oven at 180⁰c for 10...
Ingredients: 1 cup Laucke plain flour Pinch of salt 4 eggs 2 cups milk 40g butter crème fraîche Ricotta Filling 250 g smooth ricotta Finely grated zest of 1 lemon Honey, to taste Berry Sauce 2 cups frozen mixed berries 1 cup icing sugar To Serve Sprigs of mint,...
Ingredients: Smoothie 1 Australian papaya 2 Australian passion fruit Flesh of 1 Australian custard apple, seeds removed ½ Australian banana (use the other half for the topping) 2 tbsp coconut yoghurt Toppings 1 tbsp toasted coconut flakes ½ sliced Australian banana 2...