Black Sesame Halva CheesecakeKhanh Ong
- 250g sweet chocolate biscuits
- 125g butter melted
- 500g cream cheese, softened
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 600ml thickened cream
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 3/4 cup milk powder
- Ground pistachios
- Dried Rose petals
- Raspberry coulis
- Process biscuits until finely crushed. Add butter and mix well.
- Press biscuit mixture into the base of a greased and lined 20 cm springform tin. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- In stand mixer, beat the cream cheese, 4 tablespoons of the black sesame tahini, vanilla and caster sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Add thickened cream and beat until batter becomes stiff. Pour into prepared tin, place prepared halva circle* on top and refrigerate overnight.
- To make the Halva, in a medium bowl mix together the remaining black sesame tahini, icing sugar and milk powder. knead for a few mins until a dough-like consistency forms. Roll out to 20cm diameter circle between two sheets of baking paper. Place in refrigerator to set (about 30mins).
- Tip: make this first so it has enough time to set by the time you need to place it on top of your cheesecake.
- To serve: spread a layer of ground pistachios on top of the cheesecake, and scatter rose petals. Remove from tin, slice and serve with raspberry coulis (if using).
Ingredients: Makes 28 portions 12 eggs 800gm 900gm caster sugar 675gm 68% Madagascar chocolate 675gm-unsalted butter 225gm ground macadamia meal 225gm cocoa powder 300gm macadamia nuts Method: Preheat oven to 150 degrees Grease and line sponge tray with parchment...
Ingredients: 1 cup semolina 1 cup almonds, blanched, toasted and roughly chopped 2 cups self raising flour, sifted 2 tsp baking powder Rind of 1 lemon 6 eggs 250g butter at room temp Juice of 2 oranges 2 tbsp cognac or brandy 1 cup of caster. Sugar Shredded coconut as...
Ingredients: Makes 12 ¾ cup Australian almonds 1/3 cup rolled oats 2 tbsp cacao powder ½ tsp vanilla extract 12 medjool dates 3 tbsp cacao nibs 1 tbsp Australian almond oil Method: In a food processor blend ¼ cup of the almonds until they are crushed lightly but not...
Ingredients: Makes 2 small jars of jam and nut butter Jam ¼ cup fresh Australian raspberries ¼ cup fresh Australian blackberries ¼ cup fresh Australian strawberries ¼ cup fresh Australian blueberries ¼ cup fresh Australian red seedless grapes Splash Water ¼ cup chia...
Ingredients: Serves two 1/2 cup very cold vodka Juice of two limes 2 tablespoons sugar syrup 1/2 cup fresh raspberries 1/2 cup blueberries Approx 500ml sparkling water Ice Method: Bring together the vodka, lime juice, sugar syrup, raspberries, blueberries and...
Ingredients: 8 egg yolks 1 tsp vanilla extract 3 cups white sugar 3 litres of milk Pinch of salt 120g butter 2 cups semolina 15 sheets of fillo pastry 150g butter melted (approx.) Icing sugar + cinnamon to serve Method: Separate egg yolks from whites Add vanilla...