Black Sesame Halva CheesecakeKhanh Ong
- 250g sweet chocolate biscuits
- 125g butter melted
- 500g cream cheese, softened
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 600ml thickened cream
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 3/4 cup milk powder
- Ground pistachios
- Dried Rose petals
- Raspberry coulis
- Process biscuits until finely crushed. Add butter and mix well.
- Press biscuit mixture into the base of a greased and lined 20 cm springform tin. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- In stand mixer, beat the cream cheese, 4 tablespoons of the black sesame tahini, vanilla and caster sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Add thickened cream and beat until batter becomes stiff. Pour into prepared tin, place prepared halva circle* on top and refrigerate overnight.
- To make the Halva, in a medium bowl mix together the remaining black sesame tahini, icing sugar and milk powder. knead for a few mins until a dough-like consistency forms. Roll out to 20cm diameter circle between two sheets of baking paper. Place in refrigerator to set (about 30mins).
- Tip: make this first so it has enough time to set by the time you need to place it on top of your cheesecake.
- To serve: spread a layer of ground pistachios on top of the cheesecake, and scatter rose petals. Remove from tin, slice and serve with raspberry coulis (if using).
Ingredients: Serves 4 100g unsalted butter, melted 1/2 cup (50g) walnuts, toasted 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon 2 tbs brown sugar, or more to taste 6 sheets fresh filo pastry 550g (about 5) plums, quartered 1 star anise 1 tsp orange zest, plus juice of 1/2 orange 1/2 tbs...
Ingredients: 500g Laucke Spelt Mix 4g Dried Yeast (supplied) 1 Egg 50g Sugar (white or brown) 50g Butter (Softened) 250g or 200g Water (50 g less if using a mixer or by hand or removing the dough from the breadmaker) 2ml Egg yellow colour if desired. 500g Dry Fruit...
Ingredients: Makes 28 portions 12 eggs 800gm 900gm caster sugar 675gm 68% Madagascar chocolate 675gm-unsalted butter 225gm ground macadamia meal 225gm cocoa powder 300gm macadamia nuts Method: Preheat oven to 150 degrees Grease and line sponge tray with parchment...
Ingredients: Cake 200g Fresh or frozen raspberries 12 eggs 500g Caster sugar 500g Almond Meal, plus extra 2tsp baking powder ¼ tsp salt Icing 2 cups icing sugar 2 tbsp lemon juice, strained Garnish 2tbsp Rose petals 2tbsp Pistachios Handful of fresh raspberries...
Ingredients: Base2 packets of Oreos¼ cup + 1 tbsp of melted butter1 pinch of saltFilling½ cup butter meltedCup brown sugar1 can condensed milk¼ cup of cream1 tsp salt1 cup crunchy peanut butter (or smooth)Topping150g milk chocolate chips50ml cream2 tbsp smooth peanut...
Join Khanh Ong as he creates his Lime & Yoghurt Syrup Cake recipe. Tune in to The Market kitchen each weekday on Channel 10.