Blueberry GaletteAnita Cassai
- 60g pecans
- 285g plain flour
- 50g caster sugar
- 125g butter
- 80ml iced water
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 360g blueberries
- 1tsp cinnamon
- 60g caster sugar
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- Juice and Zest of an orange
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 20ml milk to glaze pastry
- 2tsp demerara sugar, to sprinkle on pastry
- Blitz together the dry ingredients in a food processor, be careful not to over-blitz.
- Add butter and blitz until dough is at a breadcrumb like consistency.
- Slowly drizzle in the ices water until dough comes together
- Tip out onto your benchtop and bring together with your hands, wrap in glad wrap and set aside for 30min- 1 hour.
- Mix ingredients for the filling together in a bowl.
- Roll out the pastry to 5mm thick and 30cm x 30cm wide. Fill with blueberry filling and fold in the edges
- Brush pastry with milk and sprinkle with demerara sugar.
- Bake in a 180C oven for 40-45min.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Prosecco.
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at JC’s Quality Foods Ingredients: 1 ½ cups raw cashews 1 ½ desiccated coconut 3 medium ripe bananas, peeled and chopped 10 fresh dates, pitted 2 tsp vanilla extract ⅓ cup raw cacao powder ½ tsp bicarbonate of...
Ingredients: 500g unsalted room temp butter + extra for greasing 250g self-raising flour + extra for dusting 250g golden caster sugar 5 large free-range eggs 100ml milk ½ tsp vanilla extract ½ tp baking powder 250g quality dark chocolate (70%) 100g icing sugar 300g...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at JC’s Quality Foods Ingredients: 2 cups (300g) Buckwheat flour 1 ½ cups almond meal 1 tsp ground cinnamon ½ tsp sea salt flakes ¾ cup maple syrup ½ cup vegetable oil ⅓ cup raspberry jam Method: Preheat the...
Ingredients: Oil, for frying For the Pastry: 250g plain white flour 90g cornflour 70g caster sugar 3g sea salt 70g cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces 10ml cider vinegar 120g water For the Filling: 4 Granny Smiths apples, peeled, cored & roughly chopped 65g...
Ingredients:Makes 12 donuts Oil, for frying For the Dough: 1 cup lukewarm milk 1 tbsp dried yeast 1/3 cup caster sugar 3 egg yolks 1 tsp vanilla paste 4 tbsp soft butter 4 1/4 cups plain flour For the Custard: 1/2 cup sugar 3 tbsp cornflour 2 cups milk 4 yolks 2 tsps...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 200g plain flour 100 caster sugar 200ml milk, full fat 1 whole egg 1 egg yolk 50g butter Icing sugar, for dusting For Bananas: 75g caster sugar 30g butter, salted Banana...