Chocolate Plum ClafoutisJack Ingram
- A little butter, for greasing your tray
- 5 tablespoons sugar for lining your tray
- 2 ripe Riverland plums sliced into wedges
For The Batter:
- 65g Blanched almond meal
- 20g Flour plain
- 160g Caster sugar
- 3 Whole free range eggs
- 4 Free range egg yolks
- 310g Pure cream
- 40g Cocoa powder
- 100g mascarpone
- 20g roasted and chopped hazelnuts
- 5 tablespoons Ligurian bee honey
- Heat oven to 190C/fan. Butter a 23cm flan dish or tin (not loose-bottomed), then coat with the butter and sugar. Arrange the plums over the base.
- Whisk all the batter ingredients together until smooth, starting with the eggs and cream then adding the sugar and dry ingredients. pour it over the fruits filling the tray by 2/3, bake for 20-25 mins until risen and golden brown.
- To serve sprinkle your roasted hazelnuts on top followed by a generous spoon of mascarpone, finally finish by drizzling your honey. Serve warm straight from the oven.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Sparkling red.
Ingredients: Serves: 4 ¼ cup Nutella 8 thick slices of brioche 3 eggs ¼ cup milk 1 vanilla bean, scraped 40g butter 2 lady finger bananas 2 Tablespoons caster sugar 160g unsalted butter ¼ cup pistachios, chopped ¼ cup maple syrup Edible flowers to garnish Ice cream to...
Ingredients: 2 ¼ cups plain flour, sifted 1 ½ tsp baking powder ½ tsp salt ½ cup brown sugar ½ cup caster sugar 60gm unsalted butter, melted, cooled 3 eggs, room temperature 100gm flaked almonds, lightly toasted Chai Spice Mix: 1 tsp ground ginger 1 tsp ground...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 125gm unsalted butter, softened 100gm caster sugar Zest of 2 oranges Zest of 1 lemon 200gm self-raising flour 1 tsp baking powder 20gm poppyseeds 2 eggs 140ml milk Rum Custard: 125ml milk 125ml thickened cream 3 large egg yolks 3 Tbsp caster...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Big 4 300g Blueberries frozen 300g Apples 1 small orange, juice only 2 tbsp soft brown sugar For the cobbler topping 175g (white or wholemeal) 100g unsalted butter, softened 25g/1oz porridge oats 50g...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 cups shiraz 1 cup water 2 cups sugar 10 cloves 2 cinnamon sticks 4 small – medium ripe pears Ricotta & Blue Cheese Cream: 500g ricotta 4 tbsp honey (see notes) 50g blue cheese (see notes) Zest of ½ lemon Finely chopped pistachios (see...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 Hotcakes: 1 cup plain flour, sifted 1 tsp baking powder 1 tbsp brown sugar ½ tsp salt ¾ cup buttermilk 4 eggs, separated 250g fresh ricotta Oil or butter 100g flaked almonds, lightly toasted Mandarin Syrup: 150ml mandarin juice 1 Tbsp lemon...