Chocolate Plum ClafoutisJack Ingram
- A little butter, for greasing your tray
- 5 tablespoons sugar for lining your tray
- 2 ripe Riverland plums sliced into wedges
For The Batter:
- 65g Blanched almond meal
- 20g Flour plain
- 160g Caster sugar
- 3 Whole free range eggs
- 4 Free range egg yolks
- 310g Pure cream
- 40g Cocoa powder
- 100g mascarpone
- 20g roasted and chopped hazelnuts
- 5 tablespoons Ligurian bee honey
- Heat oven to 190C/fan. Butter a 23cm flan dish or tin (not loose-bottomed), then coat with the butter and sugar. Arrange the plums over the base.
- Whisk all the batter ingredients together until smooth, starting with the eggs and cream then adding the sugar and dry ingredients. pour it over the fruits filling the tray by 2/3, bake for 20-25 mins until risen and golden brown.
- To serve sprinkle your roasted hazelnuts on top followed by a generous spoon of mascarpone, finally finish by drizzling your honey. Serve warm straight from the oven.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Sparkling red.
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at JC’s Quality Foods Ingredients: 1 ½ cups raw cashews 1 ½ desiccated coconut 3 medium ripe bananas, peeled and chopped 10 fresh dates, pitted 2 tsp vanilla extract ⅓ cup raw cacao powder ½ tsp bicarbonate of...
Ingredients: 500g unsalted room temp butter + extra for greasing 250g self-raising flour + extra for dusting 250g golden caster sugar 5 large free-range eggs 100ml milk ½ tsp vanilla extract ½ tp baking powder 250g quality dark chocolate (70%) 100g icing sugar 300g...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at JC’s Quality Foods Ingredients: 2 cups (300g) Buckwheat flour 1 ½ cups almond meal 1 tsp ground cinnamon ½ tsp sea salt flakes ¾ cup maple syrup ½ cup vegetable oil ⅓ cup raspberry jam Method: Preheat the...
Ingredients: Oil, for frying For the Pastry: 250g plain white flour 90g cornflour 70g caster sugar 3g sea salt 70g cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces 10ml cider vinegar 120g water For the Filling: 4 Granny Smiths apples, peeled, cored & roughly chopped 65g...
Ingredients:Makes 12 donuts Oil, for frying For the Dough: 1 cup lukewarm milk 1 tbsp dried yeast 1/3 cup caster sugar 3 egg yolks 1 tsp vanilla paste 4 tbsp soft butter 4 1/4 cups plain flour For the Custard: 1/2 cup sugar 3 tbsp cornflour 2 cups milk 4 yolks 2 tsps...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 200g plain flour 100 caster sugar 200ml milk, full fat 1 whole egg 1 egg yolk 50g butter Icing sugar, for dusting For Bananas: 75g caster sugar 30g butter, salted Banana...