Dulce de leche Pudding, Caramelised Bananas and Coconut Ice CreamDan Szwarc
- 400g Dulce de leche
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 whole eggs
- 50g Flour 0000
- 20g Unsalted butter
- 4 Lady finger bananas
- 50 g brown sugar
- 50 g golden syrup
- Cocoa powder
- Coconut ice cream (store bought)
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Place the dulce the leche onto a bowl and add the eggs and yolks (previously slightly whisked)
- Whisk the ingredients until fully incorporated but try not to add air into the mix
- Add the flour (previously passed through a sieve)
- Melt the butter and brush 4 metal moulds making sure they rest upside down to reduce the amount of butter once they’ve settled
- Add the mix onto the moulds making sure they are equal quantities
- Cut the bananas in half ( make sure skin is still on )
- Sprinkle with golden syrup and then the brown sugar
- Place onto a tray lined with baking paper, and roast for 10-15 minutes until caramelized
- Remove from oven and let them cool down
- Place the pudding in the oven and cook for 10 minutes
- Once cooked turn them carefully onto a serving plate and lift the mould carefully, sprinkle cocoa powder and serve with the caramelised banana and a scoop of coconut ice cream
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Botrytis Semillon.
Banana Breakfast Bar
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at JC’s Quality Foods Ingredients: 1 ½ cups raw cashews 1 ½ desiccated coconut 3 medium ripe bananas, peeled and chopped 10 fresh dates, pitted 2 tsp vanilla extract ⅓ cup raw cacao powder ½ tsp bicarbonate of...
Ingredients: 500g unsalted room temp butter + extra for greasing 250g self-raising flour + extra for dusting 250g golden caster sugar 5 large free-range eggs 100ml milk ½ tsp vanilla extract ½ tp baking powder 250g quality dark chocolate (70%) 100g icing sugar 300g...
Raspberry Grappa Jam Drops
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at JC’s Quality Foods Ingredients: 2 cups (300g) Buckwheat flour 1 ½ cups almond meal 1 tsp ground cinnamon ½ tsp sea salt flakes ¾ cup maple syrup ½ cup vegetable oil ⅓ cup raspberry jam Method: Preheat the...
Deep Fried Apple Pie
Ingredients: Oil, for frying For the Pastry: 250g plain white flour 90g cornflour 70g caster sugar 3g sea salt 70g cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces 10ml cider vinegar 120g water For the Filling: 4 Granny Smiths apples, peeled, cored & roughly chopped 65g...
Crème Brûlèe Donuts
Ingredients:Makes 12 donuts Oil, for frying For the Dough: 1 cup lukewarm milk 1 tbsp dried yeast 1/3 cup caster sugar 3 egg yolks 1 tsp vanilla paste 4 tbsp soft butter 4 1/4 cups plain flour For the Custard: 1/2 cup sugar 3 tbsp cornflour 2 cups milk 4 yolks 2 tsps...
Banana Crepes with Banana Caramel
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 200g plain flour 100 caster sugar 200ml milk, full fat 1 whole egg 1 egg yolk 50g butter Icing sugar, for dusting For Bananas: 75g caster sugar 30g butter, salted Banana...