Dulce de leche Pudding, Caramelised Bananas and Coconut Ice CreamDan Szwarc
- 400g Dulce de leche
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 whole eggs
- 50g Flour 0000
- 20g Unsalted butter
- 4 Lady finger bananas
- 50 g brown sugar
- 50 g golden syrup
- Cocoa powder
- Coconut ice cream (store bought)
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Place the dulce the leche onto a bowl and add the eggs and yolks (previously slightly whisked)
- Whisk the ingredients until fully incorporated but try not to add air into the mix
- Add the flour (previously passed through a sieve)
- Melt the butter and brush 4 metal moulds making sure they rest upside down to reduce the amount of butter once they’ve settled
- Add the mix onto the moulds making sure they are equal quantities
- Cut the bananas in half ( make sure skin is still on )
- Sprinkle with golden syrup and then the brown sugar
- Place onto a tray lined with baking paper, and roast for 10-15 minutes until caramelized
- Remove from oven and let them cool down
- Place the pudding in the oven and cook for 10 minutes
- Once cooked turn them carefully onto a serving plate and lift the mould carefully, sprinkle cocoa powder and serve with the caramelised banana and a scoop of coconut ice cream
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Botrytis Semillon.
Ingredients: Serves: 2 Ingredients: 2x Wedges of Pumpkin (skin on) 1x can of coconut milk 30ml Soy Sauce (to taste) 1 tbsp of Tom Yum Paste 1 chilli, finely sliced 1 punch of Thai basil 1 tbsp fried shallots Bubur Cha Cha: Kara coconut cream 2litres Pandan leaves 6pcs...
Ingredients: Filling: 200ml Yuzu Juice 250g Caster Sugar 400ml Double Cream 5 Free Range eggs 25g Shiro Miso White Premium Sweet Pastry Case: 200g Unsalted Butter Zest of a lemon 150g Icing Sugar 450g Flour, Plain 5 Whole Eggs Method: Filling: Bring the cream and...
Ingredients: Makes: 12 2/3 cup plain flour 1/3 cup self raising flour 1/3 cup raw caster sugar 1/3 cup brown sugar 1/3 cup malted milk drink powder 75g unsalted butter, melted and cooled 1 egg 200g dark chocolate, melted Vanilla bean ice cream and sea salt flakes to...
Ingredients: Serves: 8 2 sheets shortcrust pastry ½ cup medjool dates 2 free range eggs ½ cup caster sugar 2-3 tsp lemon zest 250gm fresh ricotta ½ cup thickened cream 2 tbsp plain flour 1 tbsp icing sugar Method: Remove pastry and allow to thaw slightly before...
Ingredients: Base: 2 cups cashews 10 pitted dates 1 cup coconut 4 tbsp liquid coconut oil Pinch of salt 1 tsp raw cocoa powder Caramel: 1 cup almond butter 10 pitted dates 1/4 tsp cinnamon 1/2 tsp vanilla paste 3/4 cup coconut oil 1 tsp salt flakes Chocolate Topping:...
Ingredients: 185 g dates 1 cup water 60g butter 2 eggs 185g self raising flour 185g sugar 1tsp baking powder ½ tsp vanilla paste Butterscotch Sauce: 1 cup cream ¾ cup brown sugar 2 tbsp butter Pinch of salt Method: Bring the dates and water to a boil, then remove from...