Dulce de leche Pudding, Caramelised Bananas and Coconut Ice CreamDan Szwarc
- 400g Dulce de leche
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 whole eggs
- 50g Flour 0000
- 20g Unsalted butter
- 4 Lady finger bananas
- 50 g brown sugar
- 50 g golden syrup
- Cocoa powder
- Coconut ice cream (store bought)
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Place the dulce the leche onto a bowl and add the eggs and yolks (previously slightly whisked)
- Whisk the ingredients until fully incorporated but try not to add air into the mix
- Add the flour (previously passed through a sieve)
- Melt the butter and brush 4 metal moulds making sure they rest upside down to reduce the amount of butter once they’ve settled
- Add the mix onto the moulds making sure they are equal quantities
- Cut the bananas in half ( make sure skin is still on )
- Sprinkle with golden syrup and then the brown sugar
- Place onto a tray lined with baking paper, and roast for 10-15 minutes until caramelized
- Remove from oven and let them cool down
- Place the pudding in the oven and cook for 10 minutes
- Once cooked turn them carefully onto a serving plate and lift the mould carefully, sprinkle cocoa powder and serve with the caramelised banana and a scoop of coconut ice cream
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Botrytis Semillon.
Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at JC’s Quality FoodsIngredients: 250g Ground almonds 250g Chocolate Sauce 220g Caster Sugar 5 Free range eggs 15g Baking powder 20g cocoa powder For the chocolate sauce: 150ml Whole milk 150ml Thicken cream...
Can also be made with mangos. Ingredients: 100g Raspberries, frozen (we use Raspberries from Perfection Fresh) 150ml Water 60g Rolled Oats 1 Tbsp Honey, organic 1 Tsp Peanut Butter Roasted nuts to garnish and fresh raspberries Method: Mix the oats, water and...
Ingredients: 150g Soft brown sugar 75g Butter, unsalted 2 Free range Eggs 175g Dates, seeded 100ml Water 50ml Rum 175g Self raising flour 5g Bicarbonate soda 1g mixed spice Tip: Day before making soak the dates in the rum, bicarb of soda and water and leave in...
Ingredients: 250g punnet Qukes, deseeded 1 lime, juice ¼ bunch mint leaves 1tbs gin 150g butter (or dairy-free alternative) 150g golden caster sugar 1tsp vanilla paste 200g self-raising flour Gin Buttercream 125g butter (or dairy-free alternative), softened 65g...
Makes 1 X 15cm Cheesecake Serves: 6 Prep Time: 10 minutes Baking Time: 45 minutes Cooling Time: 3 hours 30 minutes minimum Ingredients: 3 (165g) Eggs 450g Cream cheese, cut into cubes and softened 150g Sugar,...
Time: 30 minutes Easy Ingredients: 1 medium pineapple, peeled, cored and chopped. Top 30ml rum ½ cup brown sugar 1 Tbls pink peppercorns 1 lime, juice and zested 300ml thickened cream 300ml marscapone 1 vanilla bean 1/3 cup icing sugar, sifted 2 large meringues,...