Dulce de leche Pudding, Caramelised Bananas and Coconut Ice CreamDan Szwarc
- 400g Dulce de leche
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 whole eggs
- 50g Flour 0000
- 20g Unsalted butter
- 4 Lady finger bananas
- 50 g brown sugar
- 50 g golden syrup
- Cocoa powder
- Coconut ice cream (store bought)
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Place the dulce the leche onto a bowl and add the eggs and yolks (previously slightly whisked)
- Whisk the ingredients until fully incorporated but try not to add air into the mix
- Add the flour (previously passed through a sieve)
- Melt the butter and brush 4 metal moulds making sure they rest upside down to reduce the amount of butter once they’ve settled
- Add the mix onto the moulds making sure they are equal quantities
- Cut the bananas in half ( make sure skin is still on )
- Sprinkle with golden syrup and then the brown sugar
- Place onto a tray lined with baking paper, and roast for 10-15 minutes until caramelized
- Remove from oven and let them cool down
- Place the pudding in the oven and cook for 10 minutes
- Once cooked turn them carefully onto a serving plate and lift the mould carefully, sprinkle cocoa powder and serve with the caramelised banana and a scoop of coconut ice cream
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Botrytis Semillon.
Ingredients: 185 g dates 1 cup water 60g butter 2 eggs 185g self raising flour 185g sugar 1tsp baking powder ½ tsp vanilla paste Butterscotch Sauce: 1 cup cream ¾ cup brown sugar 2 tbsp butter Pinch of salt Method: Bring the dates and water to a boil, then remove from...
Ingredients: 4 Lady Finger Bananas Woodchips for smoking in a fire or hibachi Dulce De Leche Creme: 2 Tbsp Dulce de leche 200ml Cream Chocolate Sauce: 150ml full-fat milk 150ml double cream 300g dark chocolate, broken into pieces 1 tsp vanilla extract To Serve: 1 tbsp...
Ingredients: 3 eggs, separated 6 tbsp caster sugar 500 g mascarpone cream 500ml espresso coffee 80ml marsala 500g savoiardi biscotti ( 1 large packet ) Dark chocolate, to grate Cocoa powder, to dust Method: Beat the egg yolks and half the sugar in a bowl for 5 minutes...
Ingredients: 1 pear, peeled and cored, diced 1 tsp ground cinnamon 125g unsalted butter ½ cup caster sugar 2 eggs 1 ½ cups plain flour 1 tsp baking powder Salt Streusal Crumb: 40g unsalted butter, chilled, diced 1/3 cup plain flour 2 Tbsp caster sugar Salt Method:...
Ingredients: 2 eggs 1 cup sugar ¾ cup vegetable oil 1 tsp vanilla essence 2 cups grated carrot 1 ¼ cups plain flour 1 tsp baking soda 2-3 tsp cinnamon 2-3 tsp mixed spice ½ tsp salt Lime Cream Cheese: 200g cream cheese, room temperature 1 ½ cups icing sugar, sifted...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 ¼ cup Nutella 8 thick slices of brioche 3 eggs ¼ cup milk 1 vanilla bean, scraped 40g butter 2 lady finger bananas 2 Tablespoons caster sugar 160g unsalted butter ¼ cup pistachios, chopped ¼ cup maple syrup Edible flowers to garnish Ice cream to...