Lemon Curd SliceBen O'Donoghue
- 12/3 cups (250g) plain flour
- 1/2 cup (75g) icing sugar, plus extra to dust
- 180g chilled unsalted butter, chopped
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tbs cold milk
- 500g lemon curd *
- 1/3 cup (50g) plain flour
- 1/2 cup (60g) almond meal
- 2 tbs caster sugar
- 50g chilled unsalted butter, chopped
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
*From gourmet food shops
- Sift the flour and icing sugar into a food processor and whiz to combine. Add butter and pulse until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Add yolk and milk, then pulse until the mixture comes together in a ball. Turn out and knead briefly, then shape into a disc, cover and chill for 30 minutes.
- For the crumble, place flour, almond meal, sugar and butter in a bowl, then rub together with your fingertips until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir through yolk and chill until required.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease and line a 28cm x 18cm lamington pan with baking paper, allowing plenty to overhang the sides. Coarsely grate the pastry into the pan, then press evenly into the base to cover. Prick all over with a fork, then chill for a further 15 minutes.
- Bake pastry for 30-35 minutes until golden and dry. Cool to room temperature.
Spread lemon curd over the cooled pastry, then scatter over crumble mixture. Bake for a further 25-30 minutes until golden. Cool completely in the pan.
- Dust slice with icing sugar, then remove from the pan, slice and serve.
Ingredients: Makes 28 portions 12 eggs 800gm 900gm caster sugar 675gm 68% Madagascar chocolate 675gm-unsalted butter 225gm ground macadamia meal 225gm cocoa powder 300gm macadamia nuts Method: Preheat oven to 150 degrees Grease and line sponge tray with parchment...
Ingredients: 1 cup semolina 1 cup almonds, blanched, toasted and roughly chopped 2 cups self raising flour, sifted 2 tsp baking powder Rind of 1 lemon 6 eggs 250g butter at room temp Juice of 2 oranges 2 tbsp cognac or brandy 1 cup of caster. Sugar Shredded coconut as...
Ingredients: Makes 12 ¾ cup Australian almonds 1/3 cup rolled oats 2 tbsp cacao powder ½ tsp vanilla extract 12 medjool dates 3 tbsp cacao nibs 1 tbsp Australian almond oil Method: In a food processor blend ¼ cup of the almonds until they are crushed lightly but not...
Ingredients: Makes 2 small jars of jam and nut butter Jam ¼ cup fresh Australian raspberries ¼ cup fresh Australian blackberries ¼ cup fresh Australian strawberries ¼ cup fresh Australian blueberries ¼ cup fresh Australian red seedless grapes Splash Water ¼ cup chia...
Ingredients: Serves two 1/2 cup very cold vodka Juice of two limes 2 tablespoons sugar syrup 1/2 cup fresh raspberries 1/2 cup blueberries Approx 500ml sparkling water Ice Method: Bring together the vodka, lime juice, sugar syrup, raspberries, blueberries and...
Ingredients: 8 egg yolks 1 tsp vanilla extract 3 cups white sugar 3 litres of milk Pinch of salt 120g butter 2 cups semolina 15 sheets of fillo pastry 150g butter melted (approx.) Icing sugar + cinnamon to serve Method: Separate egg yolks from whites Add vanilla...