Lemon Curd SliceBen O'Donoghue
- 12/3 cups (250g) plain flour
- 1/2 cup (75g) icing sugar, plus extra to dust
- 180g chilled unsalted butter, chopped
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tbs cold milk
- 500g lemon curd *
- 1/3 cup (50g) plain flour
- 1/2 cup (60g) almond meal
- 2 tbs caster sugar
- 50g chilled unsalted butter, chopped
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
*From gourmet food shops
- Sift the flour and icing sugar into a food processor and whiz to combine. Add butter and pulse until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Add yolk and milk, then pulse until the mixture comes together in a ball. Turn out and knead briefly, then shape into a disc, cover and chill for 30 minutes.
- For the crumble, place flour, almond meal, sugar and butter in a bowl, then rub together with your fingertips until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir through yolk and chill until required.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease and line a 28cm x 18cm lamington pan with baking paper, allowing plenty to overhang the sides. Coarsely grate the pastry into the pan, then press evenly into the base to cover. Prick all over with a fork, then chill for a further 15 minutes.
- Bake pastry for 30-35 minutes until golden and dry. Cool to room temperature.
Spread lemon curd over the cooled pastry, then scatter over crumble mixture. Bake for a further 25-30 minutes until golden. Cool completely in the pan.
- Dust slice with icing sugar, then remove from the pan, slice and serve.
Salmon Poke Bowl
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Healthy Life.Ingredients: 2 salmon fillets, skin off 1 cup edamame beans, frozen and blanched 1 Lebanese cucumber, sliced thinly 1 carrot, ribboned 1 avocado, diced 1/2 bunch spring onions, sliced 1 cup cooked brown...
Tim Tam Donuts
Ingredients: 7 gm (1 sachet) dried yeast 360 gm plain flour 55 gm (¼ cup) caster sugar 150 ml lukewarm milk 40 gm softened butter 1 egg 250 gm milk chocolate, finely chopped 190 gm crème fraîche 70 ml pouring cream For deep-frying: vegetable oil 3-4 Tim Tams, coarsely...
Rizogalo – Greek Rice Pudding
Ingredients: 4 cups full cream milk 1/2 cup medium-grain rice 1 + 1/2 cups of water 1/4 tsp salt 1/2 cup caster sugar 2 tbs heaped tbsp cornflour 1 Vanilla bean or 1 tsp vanilla bean paste Traditional topping option Greek Cinnamon to dust the top Or Lotus Biscoff...
Sticky Strawberry Protein Pancakes
Ingredients: 1 very ripe banana (about 120g) 3 eggs, whisked 20g scoop vanilla plant-based protein powder 2 teaspoons of maple syrup 70g (1/2cup) quartered strawberries 1 tablespoon tapioca flour 1 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil Method: SERVES 1 Place your banana in...
Raw Banana Slice
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Healthy Life. Ingredients: 2 Bananas 300g of raw Cashews (unsalted & unroasted) 6 - 8 Pitted Dates 2 tablespoons of Cinnamon powder 2 tablespoons of Raw cacao powder Cacao Nibs Pinch of Salt Method: In a food...
Papoutsakia “Little Slippers”
Ingredients: 4 eggplants, halved lengthwise 500 grams of canned or fresh tomatoes, peeled seeded and chopped 500 grams of minced beef 3 spring onions, finely sliced 1 onion, grated 4 cloves of garlic 1 cup (120 grams) of grated kefalotiri (a hard Greek cheese used in...