Lemon Curd SliceBen O'Donoghue
- 12/3 cups (250g) plain flour
- 1/2 cup (75g) icing sugar, plus extra to dust
- 180g chilled unsalted butter, chopped
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tbs cold milk
- 500g lemon curd *
- 1/3 cup (50g) plain flour
- 1/2 cup (60g) almond meal
- 2 tbs caster sugar
- 50g chilled unsalted butter, chopped
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
*From gourmet food shops
- Sift the flour and icing sugar into a food processor and whiz to combine. Add butter and pulse until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Add yolk and milk, then pulse until the mixture comes together in a ball. Turn out and knead briefly, then shape into a disc, cover and chill for 30 minutes.
- For the crumble, place flour, almond meal, sugar and butter in a bowl, then rub together with your fingertips until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir through yolk and chill until required.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease and line a 28cm x 18cm lamington pan with baking paper, allowing plenty to overhang the sides. Coarsely grate the pastry into the pan, then press evenly into the base to cover. Prick all over with a fork, then chill for a further 15 minutes.
- Bake pastry for 30-35 minutes until golden and dry. Cool to room temperature.
Spread lemon curd over the cooled pastry, then scatter over crumble mixture. Bake for a further 25-30 minutes until golden. Cool completely in the pan.
- Dust slice with icing sugar, then remove from the pan, slice and serve.
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at JC’s Quality Foods Ingredients: 1 ½ cups raw cashews 1 ½ desiccated coconut 3 medium ripe bananas, peeled and chopped 10 fresh dates, pitted 2 tsp vanilla extract ⅓ cup raw cacao powder ½ tsp bicarbonate of...
Ingredients: 500g unsalted room temp butter + extra for greasing 250g self-raising flour + extra for dusting 250g golden caster sugar 5 large free-range eggs 100ml milk ½ tsp vanilla extract ½ tp baking powder 250g quality dark chocolate (70%) 100g icing sugar 300g...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at JC’s Quality Foods Ingredients: 2 cups (300g) Buckwheat flour 1 ½ cups almond meal 1 tsp ground cinnamon ½ tsp sea salt flakes ¾ cup maple syrup ½ cup vegetable oil ⅓ cup raspberry jam Method: Preheat the...
Ingredients: Oil, for frying For the Pastry: 250g plain white flour 90g cornflour 70g caster sugar 3g sea salt 70g cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces 10ml cider vinegar 120g water For the Filling: 4 Granny Smiths apples, peeled, cored & roughly chopped 65g...
Ingredients:Makes 12 donuts Oil, for frying For the Dough: 1 cup lukewarm milk 1 tbsp dried yeast 1/3 cup caster sugar 3 egg yolks 1 tsp vanilla paste 4 tbsp soft butter 4 1/4 cups plain flour For the Custard: 1/2 cup sugar 3 tbsp cornflour 2 cups milk 4 yolks 2 tsps...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 200g plain flour 100 caster sugar 200ml milk, full fat 1 whole egg 1 egg yolk 50g butter Icing sugar, for dusting For Bananas: 75g caster sugar 30g butter, salted Banana...