Orange CakeSimone Austin
- 6 scoops Ensure powder
- ¼ cup milk
- 125g unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 1 ½ cups wholemeal self raising flour
- 1 tablespoon orange zest, finely grated
- Icing sugar for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Grease a 20cm loaf pan or ring tin
- In a small bowl or glass mix the Ensure with the milk until smooth
- Combine the butter and sugar and beat until a little fluffy
- Add all the other ingredients, including the Ensure milk mix into a bowl and beat until combined
- Bake for 30minutes or until skewer comes out nearly clean
- Turn onto a wire rack to cool
- Sprinkle with icing sugar and a little extra orange rind if desired to serve. This tastes delicious with a scoop of vanilla yoghurt.
Ingredients:BASE 3 Egg Yolks 1/2 cup Caster Sugar 125g soft butter 2 cups Self-Raising flour 1 cup orange juice Vanilla TOPPING 3 egg whites 1/2 cup caster sugar 1 cup desiccated coconut Method: Beat butter and sugar until creamy. Add yolks and vanilla. Fold in the...
Ingredients: Plant-based milk Chia seeds Cacao powder Maple syrup Vanilla extract or paste Method: Combine all of the ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. If you prefer to eat the seeds whole, you can skip the blender and combine the ingredients...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Healthy Life.Ingredients: 2 salmon fillets, skin off 1 cup edamame beans, frozen and blanched 1 Lebanese cucumber, sliced thinly 1 carrot, ribboned 1 avocado, diced 1/2 bunch spring onions, sliced 1 cup cooked brown...
Ingredients: 7 gm (1 sachet) dried yeast 360 gm plain flour 55 gm (¼ cup) caster sugar 150 ml lukewarm milk 40 gm softened butter 1 egg 250 gm milk chocolate, finely chopped 190 gm crème fraîche 70 ml pouring cream For deep-frying: vegetable oil 3-4 Tim Tams, coarsely...
Ingredients: 4 cups full cream milk 1/2 cup medium-grain rice 1 + 1/2 cups of water 1/4 tsp salt 1/2 cup caster sugar 2 tbs heaped tbsp cornflour 1 Vanilla bean or 1 tsp vanilla bean paste Traditional topping option Greek Cinnamon to dust the top Or Lotus Biscoff...
Ingredients: 1 very ripe banana (about 120g) 3 eggs, whisked 20g scoop vanilla plant-based protein powder 2 teaspoons of maple syrup 70g (1/2cup) quartered strawberries 1 tablespoon tapioca flour 1 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil Method: SERVES 1 Place your banana in...