Orange CakeSimone Austin
- 6 scoops Ensure powder
- ¼ cup milk
- 125g unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 1 ½ cups wholemeal self raising flour
- 1 tablespoon orange zest, finely grated
- Icing sugar for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Grease a 20cm loaf pan or ring tin
- In a small bowl or glass mix the Ensure with the milk until smooth
- Combine the butter and sugar and beat until a little fluffy
- Add all the other ingredients, including the Ensure milk mix into a bowl and beat until combined
- Bake for 30minutes or until skewer comes out nearly clean
- Turn onto a wire rack to cool
- Sprinkle with icing sugar and a little extra orange rind if desired to serve. This tastes delicious with a scoop of vanilla yoghurt.
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at JC’s Quality Foods Ingredients: 1 ½ cups raw cashews 1 ½ desiccated coconut 3 medium ripe bananas, peeled and chopped 10 fresh dates, pitted 2 tsp vanilla extract ⅓ cup raw cacao powder ½ tsp bicarbonate of...
Ingredients: 500g unsalted room temp butter + extra for greasing 250g self-raising flour + extra for dusting 250g golden caster sugar 5 large free-range eggs 100ml milk ½ tsp vanilla extract ½ tp baking powder 250g quality dark chocolate (70%) 100g icing sugar 300g...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at JC’s Quality Foods Ingredients: 2 cups (300g) Buckwheat flour 1 ½ cups almond meal 1 tsp ground cinnamon ½ tsp sea salt flakes ¾ cup maple syrup ½ cup vegetable oil ⅓ cup raspberry jam Method: Preheat the...
Ingredients: Oil, for frying For the Pastry: 250g plain white flour 90g cornflour 70g caster sugar 3g sea salt 70g cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces 10ml cider vinegar 120g water For the Filling: 4 Granny Smiths apples, peeled, cored & roughly chopped 65g...
Ingredients:Makes 12 donuts Oil, for frying For the Dough: 1 cup lukewarm milk 1 tbsp dried yeast 1/3 cup caster sugar 3 egg yolks 1 tsp vanilla paste 4 tbsp soft butter 4 1/4 cups plain flour For the Custard: 1/2 cup sugar 3 tbsp cornflour 2 cups milk 4 yolks 2 tsps...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 200g plain flour 100 caster sugar 200ml milk, full fat 1 whole egg 1 egg yolk 50g butter Icing sugar, for dusting For Bananas: 75g caster sugar 30g butter, salted Banana...