Peanut Caramel Chocolate TartKhanh Ong
- 2 packets of Oreos
- ¼ cup + 1 tbsp of melted butter
- 1 pinch of salt
- ½ cup butter melted
- Cup brown sugar
- 1 can condensed milk
- ¼ cup of cream
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter (or smooth)
- 150g milk chocolate chips
- 50ml cream
- 2 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 1 pinch of salt
- Cup of roughly chopped peanuts
- Preheat oven to 160C fan-force
- To make the base
- Blitz oreos until fine then add butter and salt.
- Pack into a 23cm tart tin lined.
- To make the tart filling;
- Melt butter in a medium pan
- Add brown sugar
- Once bubbling add condensed milk and cream then turn off the heat
- Stir in the salt and peanut butter
- Pour caramel into the oreo base and back for roughly 15 minutes at 160C
- Leave to cool for 30 mins after removing from oven.
- Microwave choc chips, cream, peanut butter and salt for 2 x 30 second burst to melt.
- Stir to combine and then pour over cooled tart.
- Top with peanuts and set into fridge for 90-120mins.
Ingredients: Makes 28 portions 12 eggs 800gm 900gm caster sugar 675gm 68% Madagascar chocolate 675gm-unsalted butter 225gm ground macadamia meal 225gm cocoa powder 300gm macadamia nuts Method: Preheat oven to 150 degrees Grease and line sponge tray with parchment...
Ingredients: 1 cup semolina 1 cup almonds, blanched, toasted and roughly chopped 2 cups self raising flour, sifted 2 tsp baking powder Rind of 1 lemon 6 eggs 250g butter at room temp Juice of 2 oranges 2 tbsp cognac or brandy 1 cup of caster. Sugar Shredded coconut as...
Ingredients: Makes 12 ¾ cup Australian almonds 1/3 cup rolled oats 2 tbsp cacao powder ½ tsp vanilla extract 12 medjool dates 3 tbsp cacao nibs 1 tbsp Australian almond oil Method: In a food processor blend ¼ cup of the almonds until they are crushed lightly but not...
Ingredients: Makes 2 small jars of jam and nut butter Jam ¼ cup fresh Australian raspberries ¼ cup fresh Australian blackberries ¼ cup fresh Australian strawberries ¼ cup fresh Australian blueberries ¼ cup fresh Australian red seedless grapes Splash Water ¼ cup chia...
Ingredients: Serves two 1/2 cup very cold vodka Juice of two limes 2 tablespoons sugar syrup 1/2 cup fresh raspberries 1/2 cup blueberries Approx 500ml sparkling water Ice Method: Bring together the vodka, lime juice, sugar syrup, raspberries, blueberries and...
Ingredients: 8 egg yolks 1 tsp vanilla extract 3 cups white sugar 3 litres of milk Pinch of salt 120g butter 2 cups semolina 15 sheets of fillo pastry 150g butter melted (approx.) Icing sugar + cinnamon to serve Method: Separate egg yolks from whites Add vanilla...