Strawberry CheesecakeMike Reid
- 100g Unsalted Butter
- 300g Digestive biscuits
- Bronze leaf gelatine 4g
- Caster Sugar 150g
- Pasteurised Free Range Egg Yolk 100g
- Philadelphia cheese 1kg
- Vanilla Essence 25ml
- 120g Caster Sugar
- 1 punnet of strawberries (juiced)
- 1 gelatine leaf
- Melt the butter, blitz the biscuits and combine
- Combine the sugar and egg yolk together over Bain Marie.
- Cook till sabayon stage.
- Soak gelatin in iced water, add soft gelatin to sabayon, stir until dissolved.
- Whip the cream cheese in the kitchen aid.
- Gradually adding the sabayon mix into it.
- Place mix into piping bag, use as required.
- Melt the sugar with the strawberry juice and once dissolved add the gelatine leaf and dissolve again.
- Place the biscuit base on the bottom of the ring and allow to set for about 30 minutes in the fridge
- Pipe in your cream cheese mixture and allow to set again in the fridge for at least 2 hours
- Add your strawberries on top before topping with the glaze and allowing for the final set in your fridge of at least 1 hour
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Late Harvest Riesling.
Ingredients: 185 g dates 1 cup water 60g butter 2 eggs 185g self raising flour 185g sugar 1tsp baking powder ½ tsp vanilla paste Butterscotch Sauce: 1 cup cream ¾ cup brown sugar 2 tbsp butter Pinch of salt Method: Bring the dates and water to a boil, then remove from...
Ingredients: 4 Lady Finger Bananas Woodchips for smoking in a fire or hibachi Dulce De Leche Creme: 2 Tbsp Dulce de leche 200ml Cream Chocolate Sauce: 150ml full-fat milk 150ml double cream 300g dark chocolate, broken into pieces 1 tsp vanilla extract To Serve: 1 tbsp...
Ingredients: 3 eggs, separated 6 tbsp caster sugar 500 g mascarpone cream 500ml espresso coffee 80ml marsala 500g savoiardi biscotti ( 1 large packet ) Dark chocolate, to grate Cocoa powder, to dust Method: Beat the egg yolks and half the sugar in a bowl for 5 minutes...
Ingredients: 1 pear, peeled and cored, diced 1 tsp ground cinnamon 125g unsalted butter ½ cup caster sugar 2 eggs 1 ½ cups plain flour 1 tsp baking powder Salt Streusal Crumb: 40g unsalted butter, chilled, diced 1/3 cup plain flour 2 Tbsp caster sugar Salt Method:...
Ingredients: 2 eggs 1 cup sugar ¾ cup vegetable oil 1 tsp vanilla essence 2 cups grated carrot 1 ¼ cups plain flour 1 tsp baking soda 2-3 tsp cinnamon 2-3 tsp mixed spice ½ tsp salt Lime Cream Cheese: 200g cream cheese, room temperature 1 ½ cups icing sugar, sifted...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 ¼ cup Nutella 8 thick slices of brioche 3 eggs ¼ cup milk 1 vanilla bean, scraped 40g butter 2 lady finger bananas 2 Tablespoons caster sugar 160g unsalted butter ¼ cup pistachios, chopped ¼ cup maple syrup Edible flowers to garnish Ice cream to...