Strawberry CheesecakeMike Reid
- 100g Unsalted Butter
- 300g Digestive biscuits
- Bronze leaf gelatine 4g
- Caster Sugar 150g
- Pasteurised Free Range Egg Yolk 100g
- Philadelphia cheese 1kg
- Vanilla Essence 25ml
- 120g Caster Sugar
- 1 punnet of strawberries (juiced)
- 1 gelatine leaf
- Melt the butter, blitz the biscuits and combine
- Combine the sugar and egg yolk together over Bain Marie.
- Cook till sabayon stage.
- Soak gelatin in iced water, add soft gelatin to sabayon, stir until dissolved.
- Whip the cream cheese in the kitchen aid.
- Gradually adding the sabayon mix into it.
- Place mix into piping bag, use as required.
- Melt the sugar with the strawberry juice and once dissolved add the gelatine leaf and dissolve again.
- Place the biscuit base on the bottom of the ring and allow to set for about 30 minutes in the fridge
- Pipe in your cream cheese mixture and allow to set again in the fridge for at least 2 hours
- Add your strawberries on top before topping with the glaze and allowing for the final set in your fridge of at least 1 hour
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Late Harvest Riesling.
Tim Tam Donuts
Ingredients: 7 gm (1 sachet) dried yeast 360 gm plain flour 55 gm (¼ cup) caster sugar 150 ml lukewarm milk 40 gm softened butter 1 egg 250 gm milk chocolate, finely chopped 190 gm crème fraîche 70 ml pouring cream For deep-frying: vegetable oil 3-4 Tim Tams, coarsely...
Rizogalo – Greek Rice Pudding
Ingredients: 4 cups full cream milk 1/2 cup medium-grain rice 1 + 1/2 cups of water 1/4 tsp salt 1/2 cup caster sugar 2 tbs heaped tbsp cornflour 1 Vanilla bean or 1 tsp vanilla bean paste Traditional topping option Greek Cinnamon to dust the top Or Lotus Biscoff...
Sticky Strawberry Protein Pancakes
Ingredients: 1 very ripe banana (about 120g) 3 eggs, whisked 20g scoop vanilla plant-based protein powder 2 teaspoons of maple syrup 70g (1/2cup) quartered strawberries 1 tablespoon tapioca flour 1 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil Method: SERVES 1 Place your banana in...
Raw Banana Slice
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Healthy Life. Ingredients: 2 Bananas 300g of raw Cashews (unsalted & unroasted) 6 - 8 Pitted Dates 2 tablespoons of Cinnamon powder 2 tablespoons of Raw cacao powder Cacao Nibs Pinch of Salt Method: In a food...
Papoutsakia “Little Slippers”
Ingredients: 4 eggplants, halved lengthwise 500 grams of canned or fresh tomatoes, peeled seeded and chopped 500 grams of minced beef 3 spring onions, finely sliced 1 onion, grated 4 cloves of garlic 1 cup (120 grams) of grated kefalotiri (a hard Greek cheese used in...
Ingredients: 400 gm plain flour 10 gm dried yeast 50 gm caster sugar, plus extra to dust 150 ml milk, warmed 80 ml pouring cream 50 gm butter, grated 1 egg, beaten Pinch of ground cinnamon For deep-frying: vegetable oil 300 gm frozen raspberries 150 gm caster sugar...