Strawberry CheesecakeMike Reid
- 100g Unsalted Butter
- 300g Digestive biscuits
- Bronze leaf gelatine 4g
- Caster Sugar 150g
- Pasteurised Free Range Egg Yolk 100g
- Philadelphia cheese 1kg
- Vanilla Essence 25ml
- 120g Caster Sugar
- 1 punnet of strawberries (juiced)
- 1 gelatine leaf
- Melt the butter, blitz the biscuits and combine
- Combine the sugar and egg yolk together over Bain Marie.
- Cook till sabayon stage.
- Soak gelatin in iced water, add soft gelatin to sabayon, stir until dissolved.
- Whip the cream cheese in the kitchen aid.
- Gradually adding the sabayon mix into it.
- Place mix into piping bag, use as required.
- Melt the sugar with the strawberry juice and once dissolved add the gelatine leaf and dissolve again.
- Place the biscuit base on the bottom of the ring and allow to set for about 30 minutes in the fridge
- Pipe in your cream cheese mixture and allow to set again in the fridge for at least 2 hours
- Add your strawberries on top before topping with the glaze and allowing for the final set in your fridge of at least 1 hour
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Late Harvest Riesling.
Ingredients:BASE 3 Egg Yolks 1/2 cup Caster Sugar 125g soft butter 2 cups Self-Raising flour 1 cup orange juice Vanilla TOPPING 3 egg whites 1/2 cup caster sugar 1 cup desiccated coconut Method: Beat butter and sugar until creamy. Add yolks and vanilla. Fold in the...
Ingredients: Plant-based milk Chia seeds Cacao powder Maple syrup Vanilla extract or paste Method: Combine all of the ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. If you prefer to eat the seeds whole, you can skip the blender and combine the ingredients...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Healthy Life.Ingredients: 2 salmon fillets, skin off 1 cup edamame beans, frozen and blanched 1 Lebanese cucumber, sliced thinly 1 carrot, ribboned 1 avocado, diced 1/2 bunch spring onions, sliced 1 cup cooked brown...
Ingredients: 7 gm (1 sachet) dried yeast 360 gm plain flour 55 gm (¼ cup) caster sugar 150 ml lukewarm milk 40 gm softened butter 1 egg 250 gm milk chocolate, finely chopped 190 gm crème fraîche 70 ml pouring cream For deep-frying: vegetable oil 3-4 Tim Tams, coarsely...
Ingredients: 4 cups full cream milk 1/2 cup medium-grain rice 1 + 1/2 cups of water 1/4 tsp salt 1/2 cup caster sugar 2 tbs heaped tbsp cornflour 1 Vanilla bean or 1 tsp vanilla bean paste Traditional topping option Greek Cinnamon to dust the top Or Lotus Biscoff...
Ingredients: 1 very ripe banana (about 120g) 3 eggs, whisked 20g scoop vanilla plant-based protein powder 2 teaspoons of maple syrup 70g (1/2cup) quartered strawberries 1 tablespoon tapioca flour 1 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil Method: SERVES 1 Place your banana in...