Almond Brownie Bliss BallsJemma O'Hanlon
- ¾ cup Australian almonds
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 12 medjool dates
- 3 tbsp cacao nibs
- 1 tbsp Australian almond oil
- In a food processor blend ¼ cup of the almonds until they are crushed lightly but not over blended. Store separately (this will be used to roll the balls in).
- In the food processor add the remaining almonds, oats, dates (pits removed), cacao and vanilla extract, and blend for about 30 seconds or until mixture comes together.
- Add the cacao nibs and almond oil and process briefly.
- Form into bite-sized balls and roll each ball in the crushed almond mixture. Refrigerate prior to serving.
Tip: These are the perfect after school snack for hungry kids, and big kids!
Ingredients: Makes 28 portions 12 eggs 800gm 900gm caster sugar 675gm 68% Madagascar chocolate 675gm-unsalted butter 225gm ground macadamia meal 225gm cocoa powder 300gm macadamia nuts Method: Preheat oven to 150 degrees Grease and line sponge tray with parchment...
Ingredients: 1 cup semolina 1 cup almonds, blanched, toasted and roughly chopped 2 cups self raising flour, sifted 2 tsp baking powder Rind of 1 lemon 6 eggs 250g butter at room temp Juice of 2 oranges 2 tbsp cognac or brandy 1 cup of caster. Sugar Shredded coconut as...
Ingredients: Makes 2 small jars of jam and nut butter Jam ¼ cup fresh Australian raspberries ¼ cup fresh Australian blackberries ¼ cup fresh Australian strawberries ¼ cup fresh Australian blueberries ¼ cup fresh Australian red seedless grapes Splash Water ¼ cup chia...
Ingredients: Serves two 1/2 cup very cold vodka Juice of two limes 2 tablespoons sugar syrup 1/2 cup fresh raspberries 1/2 cup blueberries Approx 500ml sparkling water Ice Method: Bring together the vodka, lime juice, sugar syrup, raspberries, blueberries and...
Ingredients: 8 egg yolks 1 tsp vanilla extract 3 cups white sugar 3 litres of milk Pinch of salt 120g butter 2 cups semolina 15 sheets of fillo pastry 150g butter melted (approx.) Icing sugar + cinnamon to serve Method: Separate egg yolks from whites Add vanilla...
Ingredients: Serves 4 4 ice cubes 2 cups Australian watermelon 1 cup Australian pineapple 1 Australian orange 2 Australian carrots 1 tsp fresh Australian ginger ¼ cup coconut water 1 tbsp fresh Australian mint leaves Method: Place all ingredients in a blender and...