Baked CheesecakeElena Duggan
- 100g Almond Meal
- 50g Hazelnut Meal
- 25g Flax meal
- 10g Psyllium Husk
- 50g Coconut Flour / 100g Buckwheat Flour
- 50g Stevia
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Ginger
- 125g Butter
- Pinch Murray River salt
- 500g Ricotta or Cream Cheese
- 250g Mascarpone
- 75g Stevia
- 2 Vanilla beans, seeds only (reserve pods for liquid infusion)
- 5 lge eggs
- This also works by adding 125g blueberries to the surface, but may require a further 5-10 minutes cooking time.
- Preheat oven to 160° Celsius, fan forced.
- Combine all dry ingredients and butter in a food processor and pulse until it resembles coarse wet sand.
- Press mixture into a well greased and lined springform pan to form and even height and slightly up the sides.
- Bake base at 160° Celsius for 12-15 minutes, or until slightly golden and fragrant.
- Remove form oven and allow cooling at room temp.
- Beat cream cheese and mascarpone until aerated and billowy.
- Reduce speed and sprinkle in stevia and vanilla seeds and beat until well combined.
- Place one egg in at a time while beating until just combined. Set aside batter.
- Once base is cool, pour cheese batter into tin all over base and gently tap the tin to release any air bubbles.
- Reduce oven to 150° Celsius and bake cheesecake for 40 minutes, reduce heat to 125° Celsius and cook for a further 30 minutes. Remove and allow cooling before refrigerating and later serving.
- If your oven has known hot spots or you’re noticing cheesecake surface is turning golden unevenly, feel free to rotate it throughout the cook.
- Gluten free
- Grain free
- Low Fructose / Minimal sugar
- Keto Friendly
Ingredients: Makes 28 portions 12 eggs 800gm 900gm caster sugar 675gm 68% Madagascar chocolate 675gm-unsalted butter 225gm ground macadamia meal 225gm cocoa powder 300gm macadamia nuts Method: Preheat oven to 150 degrees Grease and line sponge tray with parchment...
Ingredients: 1 cup semolina 1 cup almonds, blanched, toasted and roughly chopped 2 cups self raising flour, sifted 2 tsp baking powder Rind of 1 lemon 6 eggs 250g butter at room temp Juice of 2 oranges 2 tbsp cognac or brandy 1 cup of caster. Sugar Shredded coconut as...
Ingredients: Makes 12 ¾ cup Australian almonds 1/3 cup rolled oats 2 tbsp cacao powder ½ tsp vanilla extract 12 medjool dates 3 tbsp cacao nibs 1 tbsp Australian almond oil Method: In a food processor blend ¼ cup of the almonds until they are crushed lightly but not...
Ingredients: Makes 2 small jars of jam and nut butter Jam ¼ cup fresh Australian raspberries ¼ cup fresh Australian blackberries ¼ cup fresh Australian strawberries ¼ cup fresh Australian blueberries ¼ cup fresh Australian red seedless grapes Splash Water ¼ cup chia...
Ingredients: Serves two 1/2 cup very cold vodka Juice of two limes 2 tablespoons sugar syrup 1/2 cup fresh raspberries 1/2 cup blueberries Approx 500ml sparkling water Ice Method: Bring together the vodka, lime juice, sugar syrup, raspberries, blueberries and...
Ingredients: 8 egg yolks 1 tsp vanilla extract 3 cups white sugar 3 litres of milk Pinch of salt 120g butter 2 cups semolina 15 sheets of fillo pastry 150g butter melted (approx.) Icing sugar + cinnamon to serve Method: Separate egg yolks from whites Add vanilla...