Banana PancakesElena Duggan
- 2 medium bananas, mashed
- 4 medium eggs, separate
- 100g green banana flour
- 50g ghee, melted
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp vanilla paste
- 50g ghee for frying, additional for serving
- Additional banana for serving
- In a med bowl, beat the egg whites until medium peaks.
- In another bowl (or food processor), beat all other ingredients until thoroughly combined.
- Gently fold through the egg whites, maintaining as much aeration as possible.
- Heat the ghee in a heavy based non-stick fry pan to a medium heat.
- Scoop batter into rounds in the non-stick fry pan. Wait until bubbles form before flipping over and cooking reverse side. Cooking will take up to three minutes first side; up to two minutes reverse side. Cook in batches of three or however many fit comfortably in your pan until complete.
- Serve with freshly sliced or brûléed banana, and/or whipped cream/ ice cream if desired.
- Gluten free
- Grain free
- Moderate Fructose / zero refined sugar
- Keto Friendly
Fun Facts on Banana:
- high resistant starch
- greater satiety
- a source of prebiotics
- Digests quicker
- Higher antioxidant levels
- Super sweet
- Greatest vitamin mineral loss
- Highest antioxidant levels
Ingredients: Makes 28 portions 12 eggs 800gm 900gm caster sugar 675gm 68% Madagascar chocolate 675gm-unsalted butter 225gm ground macadamia meal 225gm cocoa powder 300gm macadamia nuts Method: Preheat oven to 150 degrees Grease and line sponge tray with parchment...
Ingredients: 1 cup semolina 1 cup almonds, blanched, toasted and roughly chopped 2 cups self raising flour, sifted 2 tsp baking powder Rind of 1 lemon 6 eggs 250g butter at room temp Juice of 2 oranges 2 tbsp cognac or brandy 1 cup of caster. Sugar Shredded coconut as...
Ingredients: Makes 12 ¾ cup Australian almonds 1/3 cup rolled oats 2 tbsp cacao powder ½ tsp vanilla extract 12 medjool dates 3 tbsp cacao nibs 1 tbsp Australian almond oil Method: In a food processor blend ¼ cup of the almonds until they are crushed lightly but not...
Ingredients: Makes 2 small jars of jam and nut butter Jam ¼ cup fresh Australian raspberries ¼ cup fresh Australian blackberries ¼ cup fresh Australian strawberries ¼ cup fresh Australian blueberries ¼ cup fresh Australian red seedless grapes Splash Water ¼ cup chia...
Ingredients: Serves two 1/2 cup very cold vodka Juice of two limes 2 tablespoons sugar syrup 1/2 cup fresh raspberries 1/2 cup blueberries Approx 500ml sparkling water Ice Method: Bring together the vodka, lime juice, sugar syrup, raspberries, blueberries and...
Ingredients: 8 egg yolks 1 tsp vanilla extract 3 cups white sugar 3 litres of milk Pinch of salt 120g butter 2 cups semolina 15 sheets of fillo pastry 150g butter melted (approx.) Icing sugar + cinnamon to serve Method: Separate egg yolks from whites Add vanilla...