Banana PancakesElena Duggan
- 2 medium bananas, mashed
- 4 medium eggs, separate
- 100g green banana flour
- 50g ghee, melted
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp vanilla paste
- 50g ghee for frying, additional for serving
- Additional banana for serving
- In a med bowl, beat the egg whites until medium peaks.
- In another bowl (or food processor), beat all other ingredients until thoroughly combined.
- Gently fold through the egg whites, maintaining as much aeration as possible.
- Heat the ghee in a heavy based non-stick fry pan to a medium heat.
- Scoop batter into rounds in the non-stick fry pan. Wait until bubbles form before flipping over and cooking reverse side. Cooking will take up to three minutes first side; up to two minutes reverse side. Cook in batches of three or however many fit comfortably in your pan until complete.
- Serve with freshly sliced or brûléed banana, and/or whipped cream/ ice cream if desired.
- Gluten free
- Grain free
- Moderate Fructose / zero refined sugar
- Keto Friendly
Fun Facts on Banana:
- high resistant starch
- greater satiety
- a source of prebiotics
- Digests quicker
- Higher antioxidant levels
- Super sweet
- Greatest vitamin mineral loss
- Highest antioxidant levels
Banana Breakfast Bar
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at JC’s Quality Foods Ingredients: 1 ½ cups raw cashews 1 ½ desiccated coconut 3 medium ripe bananas, peeled and chopped 10 fresh dates, pitted 2 tsp vanilla extract ⅓ cup raw cacao powder ½ tsp bicarbonate of...
Ingredients: 500g unsalted room temp butter + extra for greasing 250g self-raising flour + extra for dusting 250g golden caster sugar 5 large free-range eggs 100ml milk ½ tsp vanilla extract ½ tp baking powder 250g quality dark chocolate (70%) 100g icing sugar 300g...
Raspberry Grappa Jam Drops
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at JC’s Quality Foods Ingredients: 2 cups (300g) Buckwheat flour 1 ½ cups almond meal 1 tsp ground cinnamon ½ tsp sea salt flakes ¾ cup maple syrup ½ cup vegetable oil ⅓ cup raspberry jam Method: Preheat the...
Deep Fried Apple Pie
Ingredients: Oil, for frying For the Pastry: 250g plain white flour 90g cornflour 70g caster sugar 3g sea salt 70g cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces 10ml cider vinegar 120g water For the Filling: 4 Granny Smiths apples, peeled, cored & roughly chopped 65g...
Crème Brûlèe Donuts
Ingredients:Makes 12 donuts Oil, for frying For the Dough: 1 cup lukewarm milk 1 tbsp dried yeast 1/3 cup caster sugar 3 egg yolks 1 tsp vanilla paste 4 tbsp soft butter 4 1/4 cups plain flour For the Custard: 1/2 cup sugar 3 tbsp cornflour 2 cups milk 4 yolks 2 tsps...
Banana Crepes with Banana Caramel
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 200g plain flour 100 caster sugar 200ml milk, full fat 1 whole egg 1 egg yolk 50g butter Icing sugar, for dusting For Bananas: 75g caster sugar 30g butter, salted Banana...