Banana PancakesElena Duggan
- 2 medium bananas, mashed
- 4 medium eggs, separate
- 100g green banana flour
- 50g ghee, melted
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp vanilla paste
- 50g ghee for frying, additional for serving
- Additional banana for serving
- In a med bowl, beat the egg whites until medium peaks.
- In another bowl (or food processor), beat all other ingredients until thoroughly combined.
- Gently fold through the egg whites, maintaining as much aeration as possible.
- Heat the ghee in a heavy based non-stick fry pan to a medium heat.
- Scoop batter into rounds in the non-stick fry pan. Wait until bubbles form before flipping over and cooking reverse side. Cooking will take up to three minutes first side; up to two minutes reverse side. Cook in batches of three or however many fit comfortably in your pan until complete.
- Serve with freshly sliced or brûléed banana, and/or whipped cream/ ice cream if desired.
- Gluten free
- Grain free
- Moderate Fructose / zero refined sugar
- Keto Friendly
Fun Facts on Banana:
- high resistant starch
- greater satiety
- a source of prebiotics
- Digests quicker
- Higher antioxidant levels
- Super sweet
- Greatest vitamin mineral loss
- Highest antioxidant levels
Ingredients: Serves 2 Flesh of 1 ripe Australian avocado 6 Medjool dates, pitted ¼ cup cacao powder ½ tsp vanilla extract Pinch sea salt To serve ¼ cup fresh Australian raspberries 1 tsp cacao nibs (optional) 1 sprig of fresh Australian mint Method: Place all...
Ingredients: Serves 2 60ml tequila 1 Lime, halved SodaStream Ginger Beer Syrup SodaStream Carbonated Water Ice Lime slices for garnish Method: Line the glasses with lime juice and salt. Add crushed ice to the serving glasses followed by tequila, SodaStream ginger beer...
Ingredients: Roasted bananas 300g Vanilla 1g Butter 112g Brown sugar 250g Eggs 100g Flour 275g Baking powder 10g Sea salt 5g Whipped Maple Butter Unsalted butter 250g Maple syrup 80g Sea salt 3g Method: Spread vanilla onto bananas, and roast in an oven at 180⁰c for 10...
Ingredients: Two servings Gin SodaStream Lemonade Syrup Approx 500ml Sodastream Carbonated Water 2 tarragon sprigs 1/2 lemon, finely sliced Ice Method: Fill the serving glasses with ice. Add lemonade syrup and top up with carbonated water Add the tarragon and lemon...
Ingredients: 500g Laucke Spelt Mix 4g Dried Yeast (supplied) 1 Egg 50g Sugar (white or brown) 50g Butter (Softened) 250g or 200g Water (50 g less if using a mixer or by hand or removing the dough from the breadmaker) 2ml Egg yellow colour if desired. 500g Dry Fruit...
Ingredients: Makes 28 portions 12 eggs 800gm 900gm caster sugar 675gm 68% Madagascar chocolate 675gm-unsalted butter 225gm ground macadamia meal 225gm cocoa powder 300gm macadamia nuts Method: Preheat oven to 150 degrees Grease and line sponge tray with parchment...