Black Rice, Yuzu & Black Sesame TartsElena Duggan
- 3 Black rice gluten free wraps
- 50g Butter, melted (if not using a non-stick pan)
- 125g Yuzu juice (store bought in bottle is fine from your Asian grocer)
- 125 Caster Sugar
- 1lge egg
- 3lge egg yolks
- 175g Butter, room temperature
Black Sesame Crumble Ingredients
- 250g Black sesame
- 75g Butter
- 50g Caster sugar
- 25g Buckwheat flour
- 1tsp salt
- 300ml Thickened cream
- 50g Caster sugar
- 1vanilla pod, seeds only
- Bottled yuzu juice is a perfect substitute for fresh, which can be challenging to find if you don’t have access to an Japanese ingredient stockist.
- Mandarin juice is a great substitute if no access to yuzu.
- Preheat oven to 150° Celcius, fan forced.
- For the tart shells, cut six even circles from each rice wrap with a cookie cutter. Soak circles in melted butter for up to five minutes, this will soften them. Gently press each circle into place in the cups of a 12-muffin tray and bake for 10-12minutes. Remove from oven and allow cooling and crisping.
- For the yuzu curd, place ingredients into a microwave safe bowl; thoroughly combine with a whisk as best as possible.
- Place in the microwave on high for one minute, before removing and thoroughly whisking. Repeat cooking for one minute at a time, then whisking thoroughly until thick, glossy and voluminous – depending on the power of your microwave may take 5-10 total minutes. Remove from all heat and whisk until cool.
- For the crumble, blitz the sesame seeds in a dry jug blender until about half way between whole completely broken. Add butter, sugar, buckwheat and salt, blitz until a coarse wet sand texture.
- Lay crumble out on a lined baking tray and bake for up to 30minutes on turning every ten minutes. You’re aiming for even toasting but no significant browning. Remove from oven and allow cooling. Once cool, break up with a fork so texture is fairly small and consistent.
- For the cream, whip cream until soft peaks, add vanilla, and then sugar one tbsp. at a time until thoroughly combined and medium to firm peaks are formed.
- Allow an hour or so for the tarts, curd and crumb to cool.
- To serve, place, tart shells on platter, then distribute yuzu curd evenly amongst either piping or spooning, then cream, the sprinkle over desired amount of crumble to serve.
- You can save any unused crumble in an airtight container for up to two weeks.
- Any unused curd can be kept in an airtight container for 1-2 weeks.
- Gluten Free
- Grain Free
- Refined Sugar Free
- Dairy Free, optional
- Vegan, optional
Ingredients: Serves: 2 Ingredients: 2x Wedges of Pumpkin (skin on) 1x can of coconut milk 30ml Soy Sauce (to taste) 1 tbsp of Tom Yum Paste 1 chilli, finely sliced 1 punch of Thai basil 1 tbsp fried shallots Bubur Cha Cha: Kara coconut cream 2litres Pandan leaves 6pcs...
Ingredients: Filling: 200ml Yuzu Juice 250g Caster Sugar 400ml Double Cream 5 Free Range eggs 25g Shiro Miso White Premium Sweet Pastry Case: 200g Unsalted Butter Zest of a lemon 150g Icing Sugar 450g Flour, Plain 5 Whole Eggs Method: Filling: Bring the cream and...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 400g Dulce de leche 2 egg yolks 2 whole eggs 50g Flour 0000 20g Unsalted butter 4 Lady finger bananas 50 g brown sugar 50 g golden syrup Cocoa powder Coconut ice cream (store bought) Method: Preheat the oven to 180C Place the dulce the leche...
Ingredients: Makes: 12 2/3 cup plain flour 1/3 cup self raising flour 1/3 cup raw caster sugar 1/3 cup brown sugar 1/3 cup malted milk drink powder 75g unsalted butter, melted and cooled 1 egg 200g dark chocolate, melted Vanilla bean ice cream and sea salt flakes to...
Ingredients: Serves: 8 2 sheets shortcrust pastry ½ cup medjool dates 2 free range eggs ½ cup caster sugar 2-3 tsp lemon zest 250gm fresh ricotta ½ cup thickened cream 2 tbsp plain flour 1 tbsp icing sugar Method: Remove pastry and allow to thaw slightly before...
Ingredients: Base: 2 cups cashews 10 pitted dates 1 cup coconut 4 tbsp liquid coconut oil Pinch of salt 1 tsp raw cocoa powder Caramel: 1 cup almond butter 10 pitted dates 1/4 tsp cinnamon 1/2 tsp vanilla paste 3/4 cup coconut oil 1 tsp salt flakes Chocolate Topping:...