Easter Bread ScrollsLaucke Flour
- 500g Laucke Spelt Mix
- 4g Dried Yeast (supplied)
- 1 Egg
- 50g Sugar (white or brown)
- 50g Butter (Softened)
- 250g or 200g Water (50 g less if using a mixer or by hand or removing the dough from the breadmaker)
- 2ml Egg yellow colour if desired.
- 500g Dry Fruit (optional)
- Combine the mix, yeast and water in the breadmaker bowl in the order preferred by the manufacturer or into the bowl of a mixer with the dough hook attached. If the dough is not being baked in the bread maker or is being mixed by hand reduce the water by 50mls.
- If mixing by hand it may take 10 – 15 minutes to achieve a nice smooth well-developed dough.
- If mixing by a benchtop mixer you should mix until you have a smooth shiny dough which will leave the sides of the bowl very clean. If your mixer is capable you can use a medium to high speed.
- If using the dried fruit add to the breadmaker 10 minutes before the end of mixing otherwise mix in on slow speed or mix in by hand until evenly distributed. Also, remember to leave 50 ml water out if not baking in the breadmaker.
- When the dough is mixed, tip it onto a floured surface and divide the dough into 80g pieces if leaving plain or 100 g if fruited. Shape them as you wish, and place on papered or greased trays leaving sufficient space for them to rise. If making a loaf, shape to the length of the pre-oiled pan, and place the dough it. Gently flattening and rolling the dough up will provide a better loaf.
- Find a warm place to allow the braids, buns or loaf to rise and keep them covered. Or uncovered in your oven (not turned on) with a baking dish full of boiled water is also a very good proofer.
- Allow the dough to almost double in size and then either gently brush or spray with the prepared egg glaze.
- Turn oven on to 180°C. If the oven is slow to heat up allow 10 minutes otherwise place tray/s in the oven.
- Bake for approximately 15 – 25 minutes to the desired colour. A loaf will take 35 – 40 minutes.
- Thoroughly combine one egg and 50 ml milk and set aside.
- This dough can be formed and baked many different ways using different tins, moulds and even free form or plaits.
- This complete dough would be suitable for baking in a large bread pan but would need to be baked for 45 – 50 minutes.
- The best way to tell if the product is baked is to look for an even golden colour. It may be necessary to turn the trays in the oven to get even browning. If the baking times vary from what is suggested it probably means your oven temperatures are not correct.
- For an added effect after baking, brush the tops with melted butter.
For chef quality results, we recommend using Anolon cookware!
Ingredients: 100g plain flour 50g butter, diced 50g brown sugar 600g dulce de leche 4 small bananas, sliced 400ml double cream 1 tbsp icing sugar 1 square dark chocolate 1 scoop of vanilla ice cream Method: Preheat oven at 180*. Mix your flour and butter together...
Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at JC’s Quality FoodsIngredients: 250g Ground almonds 250g Chocolate Sauce 220g Caster Sugar 5 Free range eggs 15g Baking powder 20g cocoa powder For the chocolate sauce: 150ml Whole milk 150ml Thicken cream...
Can also be made with mangos. Ingredients: 100g Raspberries, frozen (we use Raspberries from Perfection Fresh) 150ml Water 60g Rolled Oats 1 Tbsp Honey, organic 1 Tsp Peanut Butter Roasted nuts to garnish and fresh raspberries Method: Mix the oats, water and...
Ingredients: 150g Soft brown sugar 75g Butter, unsalted 2 Free range Eggs 175g Dates, seeded 100ml Water 50ml Rum 175g Self raising flour 5g Bicarbonate soda 1g mixed spice Tip: Day before making soak the dates in the rum, bicarb of soda and water and leave in...
Ingredients: 250g punnet Qukes, deseeded 1 lime, juice ¼ bunch mint leaves 1tbs gin 150g butter (or dairy-free alternative) 150g golden caster sugar 1tsp vanilla paste 200g self-raising flour Gin Buttercream 125g butter (or dairy-free alternative), softened 65g...
Makes 1 X 15cm Cheesecake Serves: 6 Prep Time: 10 minutes Baking Time: 45 minutes Cooling Time: 3 hours 30 minutes minimum Ingredients: 3 (165g) Eggs 450g Cream cheese, cut into cubes and softened 150g Sugar,...