Easter Bread ScrollsLaucke Flour
- 500g Laucke Spelt Mix
- 4g Dried Yeast (supplied)
- 1 Egg
- 50g Sugar (white or brown)
- 50g Butter (Softened)
- 250g or 200g Water (50 g less if using a mixer or by hand or removing the dough from the breadmaker)
- 2ml Egg yellow colour if desired.
- 500g Dry Fruit (optional)
- Combine the mix, yeast and water in the breadmaker bowl in the order preferred by the manufacturer or into the bowl of a mixer with the dough hook attached. If the dough is not being baked in the bread maker or is being mixed by hand reduce the water by 50mls.
- If mixing by hand it may take 10 – 15 minutes to achieve a nice smooth well-developed dough.
- If mixing by a benchtop mixer you should mix until you have a smooth shiny dough which will leave the sides of the bowl very clean. If your mixer is capable you can use a medium to high speed.
- If using the dried fruit add to the breadmaker 10 minutes before the end of mixing otherwise mix in on slow speed or mix in by hand until evenly distributed. Also, remember to leave 50 ml water out if not baking in the breadmaker.
- When the dough is mixed, tip it onto a floured surface and divide the dough into 80g pieces if leaving plain or 100 g if fruited. Shape them as you wish, and place on papered or greased trays leaving sufficient space for them to rise. If making a loaf, shape to the length of the pre-oiled pan, and place the dough it. Gently flattening and rolling the dough up will provide a better loaf.
- Find a warm place to allow the braids, buns or loaf to rise and keep them covered. Or uncovered in your oven (not turned on) with a baking dish full of boiled water is also a very good proofer.
- Allow the dough to almost double in size and then either gently brush or spray with the prepared egg glaze.
- Turn oven on to 180°C. If the oven is slow to heat up allow 10 minutes otherwise place tray/s in the oven.
- Bake for approximately 15 – 25 minutes to the desired colour. A loaf will take 35 – 40 minutes.
- Thoroughly combine one egg and 50 ml milk and set aside.
- This dough can be formed and baked many different ways using different tins, moulds and even free form or plaits.
- This complete dough would be suitable for baking in a large bread pan but would need to be baked for 45 – 50 minutes.
- The best way to tell if the product is baked is to look for an even golden colour. It may be necessary to turn the trays in the oven to get even browning. If the baking times vary from what is suggested it probably means your oven temperatures are not correct.
- For an added effect after baking, brush the tops with melted butter.
Ingredients: 1 round of white sliced bread per doughnut sandwich 1 tablespoon or as required Strawberry jam 1 tablespoon or as required Nutella spread Butter as required 500mls vegetable oil 1 cup caster sugar 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder Batter 1 cup Self raising...
Ingredients: Lemon Curd 330mls Lemons juice and zest of 1 lemon 8 egg yolks 8 whole eggs 450gm unsalted butter cubed 320gm caster sugar Italian Meringue 200mls water 200gm caster sugar 150gm egg whites Pinch cream of tartar The Cheesecake - Sponge base 125gm butter...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500g cherries 4 eggs 100g flour 100g granulated sugar 300ml milk 1 vanilla bean 30g butter 1 pinch of salt Method: Wash, wipe, de-stalk and stone the cherries. Butter a spring form pan then pour in the prepared cherries. In a...
Ingredients: Bread 2 cups (250g) all-purpose flour 1 teaspoon baking soda 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon 1 large egg, at room temperature* 3/4 cup (150g) caster sugar 1/4 cup (50g) soft brown sugar 1 cup (240ml) buttermilk (no substitutions) 1/3 cup...
Ingredients: 3 Peaches cut in half 2 tbsp Vanilla sugar (or plain caster if you don’t have vanilla sugar) 1 cup milk 3 eggs 2 tbsp butter melted ½ cup flour Crème friache to serve Method: Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Cut you peaches in half and toss in the vanilla...
Ingredients: Serves 4 1 1/2 cups Whole oats 3 cups Coconut water 1 cup Coconut cream 2 stalks Rhubarb, chopped 2 Apples, peeled and cored 1 cup Raspberries, fresh or frozen 1 cup Strawberries, sliced 1 Orange, zest and juice 3 tablespoons Pure maple syrup 1 Cinnamon...