Sticky Date PuddingElena Duggan
- 250g Pitted Dates
- 250g Boiling Water
- 100g Buckwheat Flour
- 200g Almond Meal
- 25g Raw Cacao Powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla/ vanilla bean, seeds scraped
- 1 tsp BiCarb Soda
- 150g Coconut Oil
- 100g Sugar free dark chocolate, stevia sweetened, roughly chopped
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 200g Buttermilk
- 400ml (1 can) coconut Milk
- 100g Pitted Dates
- 1 tsp Vanilla / whole vanilla bean, seeds scraped
- Preheat to 180°Celsius, fan forced.
- Grease round ceramic baking dish.
- Pour boiling water over dates in a bowl, allow time to soften, then drain and finely dice.
- Put all pudding ingredients into a bowl and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Pour batter into baking dish and bake at 180°Celsius for 30 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- While baking, prepare the sauce by heating all ingredients in a small pot on the stovetop. Once just simmering remove from heat and blitz with a stick blender until thick and caramel in colour.
- Pass through a sieve if you want an extra smooth sauce.
- Remove pudding from oven and poke holes using a skewer all over the top down to the bottom.
- While still warm pour about half of the sauce mixture over the top gently so as to fill all the holes created.
- Serve with extra sauce.
- Grain Free
- Gluten Free
- Refined Sugar Free
- Dairy Free, optional – swap buttermilk for coconut milk
- Paleo Friendly
- Ketogenic Friendly
- BulletProof Friendly
Ingredients: Plant-based milk Chia seeds Cacao powder Maple syrup Vanilla extract or paste Method: Combine all of the ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. If you prefer to eat the seeds whole, you can skip the blender and combine the ingredients...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Healthy Life.Ingredients: 2 salmon fillets, skin off 1 cup edamame beans, frozen and blanched 1 Lebanese cucumber, sliced thinly 1 carrot, ribboned 1 avocado, diced 1/2 bunch spring onions, sliced 1 cup cooked brown...
Ingredients: 7 gm (1 sachet) dried yeast 360 gm plain flour 55 gm (¼ cup) caster sugar 150 ml lukewarm milk 40 gm softened butter 1 egg 250 gm milk chocolate, finely chopped 190 gm crème fraîche 70 ml pouring cream For deep-frying: vegetable oil 3-4 Tim Tams, coarsely...
Ingredients: 4 cups full cream milk 1/2 cup medium-grain rice 1 + 1/2 cups of water 1/4 tsp salt 1/2 cup caster sugar 2 tbs heaped tbsp cornflour 1 Vanilla bean or 1 tsp vanilla bean paste Traditional topping option Greek Cinnamon to dust the top Or Lotus Biscoff...
Ingredients: 1 very ripe banana (about 120g) 3 eggs, whisked 20g scoop vanilla plant-based protein powder 2 teaspoons of maple syrup 70g (1/2cup) quartered strawberries 1 tablespoon tapioca flour 1 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil Method: SERVES 1 Place your banana in...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Healthy Life. Ingredients: 2 Bananas 300g of raw Cashews (unsalted & unroasted) 6 - 8 Pitted Dates 2 tablespoons of Cinnamon powder 2 tablespoons of Raw cacao powder Cacao Nibs Pinch of Salt Method: In a food...