Gluten Free Banana BreadKhanh Ong
- 110g of dates chopped
- 100ml hot water
- 1 tsp of bicarb
- 3 large eggs room temperature
- 2 large over ripe bananas mashed
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 2 scoops of vanilla protein powder
- 2 cups of almond meal
- 2 tsp baking soda
- ⅓ cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- a pinch of salt
- 1 banana, halved lengthways (for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 180c
- Mix dates, hot water and bicarb in a large mixing bowl for 10 minutes.
- Add all the wet ingredients and whisk well. combine all the dry ingredients into another large mixing bowl and whisk together. Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Pour into a loaf tin and place banana into the batter. Bake for 40-50 minutes. Checking every 5 minutes from 40 minutes until a knife comes out clean.
Ingredients: Serves: 4 ¼ cup Nutella 8 thick slices of brioche 3 eggs ¼ cup milk 1 vanilla bean, scraped 40g butter 2 lady finger bananas 2 Tablespoons caster sugar 160g unsalted butter ¼ cup pistachios, chopped ¼ cup maple syrup Edible flowers to garnish Ice cream to...
Ingredients: 2 ¼ cups plain flour, sifted 1 ½ tsp baking powder ½ tsp salt ½ cup brown sugar ½ cup caster sugar 60gm unsalted butter, melted, cooled 3 eggs, room temperature 100gm flaked almonds, lightly toasted Chai Spice Mix: 1 tsp ground ginger 1 tsp ground...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 125gm unsalted butter, softened 100gm caster sugar Zest of 2 oranges Zest of 1 lemon 200gm self-raising flour 1 tsp baking powder 20gm poppyseeds 2 eggs 140ml milk Rum Custard: 125ml milk 125ml thickened cream 3 large egg yolks 3 Tbsp caster...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Big 4 300g Blueberries frozen 300g Apples 1 small orange, juice only 2 tbsp soft brown sugar For the cobbler topping 175g (white or wholemeal) 100g unsalted butter, softened 25g/1oz porridge oats 50g...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 cups shiraz 1 cup water 2 cups sugar 10 cloves 2 cinnamon sticks 4 small – medium ripe pears Ricotta & Blue Cheese Cream: 500g ricotta 4 tbsp honey (see notes) 50g blue cheese (see notes) Zest of ½ lemon Finely chopped pistachios (see...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 Hotcakes: 1 cup plain flour, sifted 1 tsp baking powder 1 tbsp brown sugar ½ tsp salt ¾ cup buttermilk 4 eggs, separated 250g fresh ricotta Oil or butter 100g flaked almonds, lightly toasted Mandarin Syrup: 150ml mandarin juice 1 Tbsp lemon...