Gluten Free Banana BreadKhanh Ong
- 110g of dates chopped
- 100ml hot water
- 1 tsp of bicarb
- 3 large eggs room temperature
- 2 large over ripe bananas mashed
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 2 scoops of vanilla protein powder
- 2 cups of almond meal
- 2 tsp baking soda
- ⅓ cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- a pinch of salt
- 1 banana, halved lengthways (for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 180c
- Mix dates, hot water and bicarb in a large mixing bowl for 10 minutes.
- Add all the wet ingredients and whisk well. combine all the dry ingredients into another large mixing bowl and whisk together. Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Pour into a loaf tin and place banana into the batter. Bake for 40-50 minutes. Checking every 5 minutes from 40 minutes until a knife comes out clean.
Salmon Poke Bowl
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Healthy Life.Ingredients: 2 salmon fillets, skin off 1 cup edamame beans, frozen and blanched 1 Lebanese cucumber, sliced thinly 1 carrot, ribboned 1 avocado, diced 1/2 bunch spring onions, sliced 1 cup cooked brown...
Tim Tam Donuts
Ingredients: 7 gm (1 sachet) dried yeast 360 gm plain flour 55 gm (¼ cup) caster sugar 150 ml lukewarm milk 40 gm softened butter 1 egg 250 gm milk chocolate, finely chopped 190 gm crème fraîche 70 ml pouring cream For deep-frying: vegetable oil 3-4 Tim Tams, coarsely...
Rizogalo – Greek Rice Pudding
Ingredients: 4 cups full cream milk 1/2 cup medium-grain rice 1 + 1/2 cups of water 1/4 tsp salt 1/2 cup caster sugar 2 tbs heaped tbsp cornflour 1 Vanilla bean or 1 tsp vanilla bean paste Traditional topping option Greek Cinnamon to dust the top Or Lotus Biscoff...
Sticky Strawberry Protein Pancakes
Ingredients: 1 very ripe banana (about 120g) 3 eggs, whisked 20g scoop vanilla plant-based protein powder 2 teaspoons of maple syrup 70g (1/2cup) quartered strawberries 1 tablespoon tapioca flour 1 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil Method: SERVES 1 Place your banana in...
Raw Banana Slice
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Healthy Life. Ingredients: 2 Bananas 300g of raw Cashews (unsalted & unroasted) 6 - 8 Pitted Dates 2 tablespoons of Cinnamon powder 2 tablespoons of Raw cacao powder Cacao Nibs Pinch of Salt Method: In a food...
Papoutsakia “Little Slippers”
Ingredients: 4 eggplants, halved lengthwise 500 grams of canned or fresh tomatoes, peeled seeded and chopped 500 grams of minced beef 3 spring onions, finely sliced 1 onion, grated 4 cloves of garlic 1 cup (120 grams) of grated kefalotiri (a hard Greek cheese used in...