Peach PieJoel Feren
- 1 cup Glucerna powder
- 1.2 kg tinned peaches, drained
- 2 tbsp. water
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. allspice
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 2 sheets frozen rolled shortcrust pastry, thawed
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Combine peaches cinnamon, Glucerna powder, cinnamon, allspice, lemon zest, water and 1 tbsp. brown sugar in a saucepan and cook over low-medium heat. Cook and cover for 5 minutes and stir occasionally. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Line a 20cm pie dish with 1 sheet of pastry. Trim any excess pastry.
- Spoon the peach mixture over the base and brush the edges of the pastry with the egg yolk.
- Place the second sheet of pastry over the top of the filling and seal edges with a fork. Brush with remaining egg yolk and sprinkle remaining sugar over the top.
- Place in oven and bake for 25 minutes.
- Cover with foil for a further 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Set aside to cool.
Serve with Greek yoghurt or ice cream.
Ingredients: Makes 28 portions 12 eggs 800gm 900gm caster sugar 675gm 68% Madagascar chocolate 675gm-unsalted butter 225gm ground macadamia meal 225gm cocoa powder 300gm macadamia nuts Method: Preheat oven to 150 degrees Grease and line sponge tray with parchment...
Ingredients: 1 cup semolina 1 cup almonds, blanched, toasted and roughly chopped 2 cups self raising flour, sifted 2 tsp baking powder Rind of 1 lemon 6 eggs 250g butter at room temp Juice of 2 oranges 2 tbsp cognac or brandy 1 cup of caster. Sugar Shredded coconut as...
Ingredients: Makes 12 ¾ cup Australian almonds 1/3 cup rolled oats 2 tbsp cacao powder ½ tsp vanilla extract 12 medjool dates 3 tbsp cacao nibs 1 tbsp Australian almond oil Method: In a food processor blend ¼ cup of the almonds until they are crushed lightly but not...
Ingredients: Makes 2 small jars of jam and nut butter Jam ¼ cup fresh Australian raspberries ¼ cup fresh Australian blackberries ¼ cup fresh Australian strawberries ¼ cup fresh Australian blueberries ¼ cup fresh Australian red seedless grapes Splash Water ¼ cup chia...
Ingredients: Serves two 1/2 cup very cold vodka Juice of two limes 2 tablespoons sugar syrup 1/2 cup fresh raspberries 1/2 cup blueberries Approx 500ml sparkling water Ice Method: Bring together the vodka, lime juice, sugar syrup, raspberries, blueberries and...
Ingredients: 8 egg yolks 1 tsp vanilla extract 3 cups white sugar 3 litres of milk Pinch of salt 120g butter 2 cups semolina 15 sheets of fillo pastry 150g butter melted (approx.) Icing sugar + cinnamon to serve Method: Separate egg yolks from whites Add vanilla...