Peach PieJoel Feren
- 1 cup Glucerna powder
- 1.2 kg tinned peaches, drained
- 2 tbsp. water
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. allspice
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 2 sheets frozen rolled shortcrust pastry, thawed
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Combine peaches cinnamon, Glucerna powder, cinnamon, allspice, lemon zest, water and 1 tbsp. brown sugar in a saucepan and cook over low-medium heat. Cook and cover for 5 minutes and stir occasionally. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Line a 20cm pie dish with 1 sheet of pastry. Trim any excess pastry.
- Spoon the peach mixture over the base and brush the edges of the pastry with the egg yolk.
- Place the second sheet of pastry over the top of the filling and seal edges with a fork. Brush with remaining egg yolk and sprinkle remaining sugar over the top.
- Place in oven and bake for 25 minutes.
- Cover with foil for a further 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Set aside to cool.
Serve with Greek yoghurt or ice cream.
Ingredients: 300 g dairy-free margarine 300 g gluten-free plain flour , plus extra for dusting 300 g golden caster sugar 4 large free-range eggs 3 lemons 2 oranges 2 teaspoons gluten-free baking powder ½ teaspoon xanthan gum 100 g icing sugar Method: Preheat the oven...
Ingredients: 150g dark chocolate 64%, roughly chopped 100ml olive oil 4 large free-range eggs, at room temperature, separated ¼ tsp Sea salt 50g caster sugar Method: Melt the chocolate either in the microwave or in a large heatproof bowl suspended over a pan of...
Ingredients:Makes 6–8 400 g fresh pitted or frozen and thawed cherries 180 g (2 cups) desiccated coconut250 ml (1 cup) maple syrup 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil, warm 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste or powder 220 g (1 cup) cacao butter125 g (1 cup) cacao powder...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 2 punnets Perfection Fresh raspberries 2 bananas, frozen ½ cup milk (or dairy-free alternative) 2tbs maple syrup 1tsp vanilla extract 1 punnet Perfection Fresh raspberries, to...
Ingredients: 2 eggs 2cups of water Rind of approx 1 lemon 3 tsp vanilla essence 3 cups self raising flour 1/3 cup of caster sugar 240g fresh ricotta cubed small Vegetable oil for frying Caster Sugar & cinnamon for coating Method: Whisk eggs until fluffy. Add 2...
Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: Perfection Fresh Blueberries Perfection Fresh Strawberries Mascarpone Balsamic Vinegar 2 Tsp Cinnamon 2 tsp Vanilla essence Nutmeg 3 Tsp Icing Sugar Method: Cut the tops off the...