Scones with Strawberry JamKay-Lene Tan
- 555g Flour
- 137g Sugar
- 200g Butter (Cold)
- 25g Baking powder
- 139g Cream
- 3 Eggs
- 150g Dried fruit
Strawberry and Thyme Jam
- 1kg Fresh strawberries
- 600g Sucrose
- 1 bunch Thyme
- 85g Lemon juice
- Mix flour, sugar, butter, and baking powder together with hook until the mixture resembles bread crumbs
- Gradually add in the cream and eggs
- Add in dried fruit and be sure not to overmix
- Roll flat between two sheets of baking paper, and chill before cutting into desired shapes
- Freeze before baking
- Egg wash. Bake at 155°c for about 10 minutes, or until golden brown
Strawberry and Thyme Jam
- Weigh ingredients into a large pot, and cook until the mixture thickens.
- Leave a plate in the freezer to test the jam.
- Cool completely before serving.
Ingredients: 185 g dates 1 cup water 60g butter 2 eggs 185g self raising flour 185g sugar 1tsp baking powder ½ tsp vanilla paste Butterscotch Sauce: 1 cup cream ¾ cup brown sugar 2 tbsp butter Pinch of salt Method: Bring the dates and water to a boil, then remove from...
Ingredients: 4 Lady Finger Bananas Woodchips for smoking in a fire or hibachi Dulce De Leche Creme: 2 Tbsp Dulce de leche 200ml Cream Chocolate Sauce: 150ml full-fat milk 150ml double cream 300g dark chocolate, broken into pieces 1 tsp vanilla extract To Serve: 1 tbsp...
Ingredients: 3 eggs, separated 6 tbsp caster sugar 500 g mascarpone cream 500ml espresso coffee 80ml marsala 500g savoiardi biscotti ( 1 large packet ) Dark chocolate, to grate Cocoa powder, to dust Method: Beat the egg yolks and half the sugar in a bowl for 5 minutes...
Ingredients: 1 pear, peeled and cored, diced 1 tsp ground cinnamon 125g unsalted butter ½ cup caster sugar 2 eggs 1 ½ cups plain flour 1 tsp baking powder Salt Streusal Crumb: 40g unsalted butter, chilled, diced 1/3 cup plain flour 2 Tbsp caster sugar Salt Method:...
Ingredients: 2 eggs 1 cup sugar ¾ cup vegetable oil 1 tsp vanilla essence 2 cups grated carrot 1 ¼ cups plain flour 1 tsp baking soda 2-3 tsp cinnamon 2-3 tsp mixed spice ½ tsp salt Lime Cream Cheese: 200g cream cheese, room temperature 1 ½ cups icing sugar, sifted...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 ¼ cup Nutella 8 thick slices of brioche 3 eggs ¼ cup milk 1 vanilla bean, scraped 40g butter 2 lady finger bananas 2 Tablespoons caster sugar 160g unsalted butter ¼ cup pistachios, chopped ¼ cup maple syrup Edible flowers to garnish Ice cream to...