Sticky Date PuddingElena Duggan
- 250g Pitted Dates
- 250g Boiling Water
- 100g Buckwheat Flour
- 200g Almond Meal
- 25g Raw Cacao Powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla/ vanilla bean, seeds scraped
- 1 tsp BiCarb Soda
- 150g Coconut Oil
- 100g Sugar free dark chocolate, stevia sweetened, roughly chopped
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 200g Buttermilk
- 400ml (1 can) coconut Milk
- 100g Pitted Dates
- 1 tsp Vanilla / whole vanilla bean, seeds scraped
- Preheat to 180°Celsius, fan forced.
- Grease round ceramic baking dish.
- Pour boiling water over dates in a bowl, allow time to soften, then drain and finely dice.
- Put all pudding ingredients into a bowl and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Pour batter into baking dish and bake at 180°Celsius for 30 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- While baking, prepare the sauce by heating all ingredients in a small pot on the stovetop. Once just simmering remove from heat and blitz with a stick blender until thick and caramel in colour.
- Pass through a sieve if you want an extra smooth sauce.
- Remove pudding from oven and poke holes using a skewer all over the top down to the bottom.
- While still warm pour about half of the sauce mixture over the top gently so as to fill all the holes created.
- Serve with extra sauce.
- Grain Free
- Gluten Free
- Refined Sugar Free
- Dairy Free, optional – swap buttermilk for coconut milk
- Paleo Friendly
- Ketogenic Friendly
- BulletProof Friendly
Ingredients: Serves: 2 Ingredients: 2x Wedges of Pumpkin (skin on) 1x can of coconut milk 30ml Soy Sauce (to taste) 1 tbsp of Tom Yum Paste 1 chilli, finely sliced 1 punch of Thai basil 1 tbsp fried shallots Bubur Cha Cha: Kara coconut cream 2litres Pandan leaves 6pcs...
Ingredients: Filling: 200ml Yuzu Juice 250g Caster Sugar 400ml Double Cream 5 Free Range eggs 25g Shiro Miso White Premium Sweet Pastry Case: 200g Unsalted Butter Zest of a lemon 150g Icing Sugar 450g Flour, Plain 5 Whole Eggs Method: Filling: Bring the cream and...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 400g Dulce de leche 2 egg yolks 2 whole eggs 50g Flour 0000 20g Unsalted butter 4 Lady finger bananas 50 g brown sugar 50 g golden syrup Cocoa powder Coconut ice cream (store bought) Method: Preheat the oven to 180C Place the dulce the leche...
Ingredients: Makes: 12 2/3 cup plain flour 1/3 cup self raising flour 1/3 cup raw caster sugar 1/3 cup brown sugar 1/3 cup malted milk drink powder 75g unsalted butter, melted and cooled 1 egg 200g dark chocolate, melted Vanilla bean ice cream and sea salt flakes to...
Ingredients: Serves: 8 2 sheets shortcrust pastry ½ cup medjool dates 2 free range eggs ½ cup caster sugar 2-3 tsp lemon zest 250gm fresh ricotta ½ cup thickened cream 2 tbsp plain flour 1 tbsp icing sugar Method: Remove pastry and allow to thaw slightly before...
Ingredients: Base: 2 cups cashews 10 pitted dates 1 cup coconut 4 tbsp liquid coconut oil Pinch of salt 1 tsp raw cocoa powder Caramel: 1 cup almond butter 10 pitted dates 1/4 tsp cinnamon 1/2 tsp vanilla paste 3/4 cup coconut oil 1 tsp salt flakes Chocolate Topping:...