Sticky Date PuddingElena Duggan
- 250g Pitted Dates
- 250g Boiling Water
- 100g Buckwheat Flour
- 200g Almond Meal
- 25g Raw Cacao Powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla/ vanilla bean, seeds scraped
- 1 tsp BiCarb Soda
- 150g Coconut Oil
- 100g Sugar free dark chocolate, stevia sweetened, roughly chopped
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 200g Buttermilk
- 400ml (1 can) coconut Milk
- 100g Pitted Dates
- 1 tsp Vanilla / whole vanilla bean, seeds scraped
- Preheat to 180°Celsius, fan forced.
- Grease round ceramic baking dish.
- Pour boiling water over dates in a bowl, allow time to soften, then drain and finely dice.
- Put all pudding ingredients into a bowl and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Pour batter into baking dish and bake at 180°Celsius for 30 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- While baking, prepare the sauce by heating all ingredients in a small pot on the stovetop. Once just simmering remove from heat and blitz with a stick blender until thick and caramel in colour.
- Pass through a sieve if you want an extra smooth sauce.
- Remove pudding from oven and poke holes using a skewer all over the top down to the bottom.
- While still warm pour about half of the sauce mixture over the top gently so as to fill all the holes created.
- Serve with extra sauce.
- Grain Free
- Gluten Free
- Refined Sugar Free
- Dairy Free, optional – swap buttermilk for coconut milk
- Paleo Friendly
- Ketogenic Friendly
- BulletProof Friendly
Ingredients: 185 g dates 1 cup water 60g butter 2 eggs 185g self raising flour 185g sugar 1tsp baking powder ½ tsp vanilla paste Butterscotch Sauce: 1 cup cream ¾ cup brown sugar 2 tbsp butter Pinch of salt Method: Bring the dates and water to a boil, then remove from...
Ingredients: 4 Lady Finger Bananas Woodchips for smoking in a fire or hibachi Dulce De Leche Creme: 2 Tbsp Dulce de leche 200ml Cream Chocolate Sauce: 150ml full-fat milk 150ml double cream 300g dark chocolate, broken into pieces 1 tsp vanilla extract To Serve: 1 tbsp...
Ingredients: 3 eggs, separated 6 tbsp caster sugar 500 g mascarpone cream 500ml espresso coffee 80ml marsala 500g savoiardi biscotti ( 1 large packet ) Dark chocolate, to grate Cocoa powder, to dust Method: Beat the egg yolks and half the sugar in a bowl for 5 minutes...
Ingredients: 1 pear, peeled and cored, diced 1 tsp ground cinnamon 125g unsalted butter ½ cup caster sugar 2 eggs 1 ½ cups plain flour 1 tsp baking powder Salt Streusal Crumb: 40g unsalted butter, chilled, diced 1/3 cup plain flour 2 Tbsp caster sugar Salt Method:...
Ingredients: 2 eggs 1 cup sugar ¾ cup vegetable oil 1 tsp vanilla essence 2 cups grated carrot 1 ¼ cups plain flour 1 tsp baking soda 2-3 tsp cinnamon 2-3 tsp mixed spice ½ tsp salt Lime Cream Cheese: 200g cream cheese, room temperature 1 ½ cups icing sugar, sifted...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 ¼ cup Nutella 8 thick slices of brioche 3 eggs ¼ cup milk 1 vanilla bean, scraped 40g butter 2 lady finger bananas 2 Tablespoons caster sugar 160g unsalted butter ¼ cup pistachios, chopped ¼ cup maple syrup Edible flowers to garnish Ice cream to...