Sticky Date PuddingElena Duggan
- 250g Pitted Dates
- 250g Boiling Water
- 100g Buckwheat Flour
- 200g Almond Meal
- 25g Raw Cacao Powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla/ vanilla bean, seeds scraped
- 1 tsp BiCarb Soda
- 150g Coconut Oil
- 100g Sugar free dark chocolate, stevia sweetened, roughly chopped
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 200g Buttermilk
- 400ml (1 can) coconut Milk
- 100g Pitted Dates
- 1 tsp Vanilla / whole vanilla bean, seeds scraped
- Preheat to 180°Celsius, fan forced.
- Grease round ceramic baking dish.
- Pour boiling water over dates in a bowl, allow time to soften, then drain and finely dice.
- Put all pudding ingredients into a bowl and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Pour batter into baking dish and bake at 180°Celsius for 30 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- While baking, prepare the sauce by heating all ingredients in a small pot on the stovetop. Once just simmering remove from heat and blitz with a stick blender until thick and caramel in colour.
- Pass through a sieve if you want an extra smooth sauce.
- Remove pudding from oven and poke holes using a skewer all over the top down to the bottom.
- While still warm pour about half of the sauce mixture over the top gently so as to fill all the holes created.
- Serve with extra sauce.
- Grain Free
- Gluten Free
- Refined Sugar Free
- Dairy Free, optional – swap buttermilk for coconut milk
- Paleo Friendly
- Ketogenic Friendly
- BulletProof Friendly
Ingredients: Makes 28 portions 12 eggs 800gm 900gm caster sugar 675gm 68% Madagascar chocolate 675gm-unsalted butter 225gm ground macadamia meal 225gm cocoa powder 300gm macadamia nuts Method: Preheat oven to 150 degrees Grease and line sponge tray with parchment...
Ingredients: 1 cup semolina 1 cup almonds, blanched, toasted and roughly chopped 2 cups self raising flour, sifted 2 tsp baking powder Rind of 1 lemon 6 eggs 250g butter at room temp Juice of 2 oranges 2 tbsp cognac or brandy 1 cup of caster. Sugar Shredded coconut as...
Ingredients: Makes 12 ¾ cup Australian almonds 1/3 cup rolled oats 2 tbsp cacao powder ½ tsp vanilla extract 12 medjool dates 3 tbsp cacao nibs 1 tbsp Australian almond oil Method: In a food processor blend ¼ cup of the almonds until they are crushed lightly but not...
Ingredients: Makes 2 small jars of jam and nut butter Jam ¼ cup fresh Australian raspberries ¼ cup fresh Australian blackberries ¼ cup fresh Australian strawberries ¼ cup fresh Australian blueberries ¼ cup fresh Australian red seedless grapes Splash Water ¼ cup chia...
Ingredients: Serves two 1/2 cup very cold vodka Juice of two limes 2 tablespoons sugar syrup 1/2 cup fresh raspberries 1/2 cup blueberries Approx 500ml sparkling water Ice Method: Bring together the vodka, lime juice, sugar syrup, raspberries, blueberries and...
Ingredients: 8 egg yolks 1 tsp vanilla extract 3 cups white sugar 3 litres of milk Pinch of salt 120g butter 2 cups semolina 15 sheets of fillo pastry 150g butter melted (approx.) Icing sugar + cinnamon to serve Method: Separate egg yolks from whites Add vanilla...