Thumb Print CookiesElena Duggan
- 125g Butter, grass-fed unsalted
- 75g Honey, raw and organic
- 2.5g /1tsp / Vanilla paste, or 1vanilla bean
- 150g Almond meal
- 50g Coconut flour
- 1lge Egg
- 25g Water (optional, as needed)
- 150g Chia Jam
- Preheat fan forced oven to 160° Celsius.
- Using a stand mixer or electric beater, beat together the butter, honey, and vanilla on medium, until smooth and fluffy.
- Reduce the mixer to low speed, and slowly add the almond and coconut flours and mix just until incorporated. Remove bowl from stand.
- Shape the mix into 2-3cm balls.
- Place the dough balls on your baking trays with gaps between each.
- Gently press the centre of the dough balls using your thumb, with even indentations into all cookies. Have a small bowl of water on hand to wet your thumb between cookies if dough is sticking.
- Beat egg and brush all cookies generously to promote a glossy golden surface on the baked cookies.
- Bake the cookies for 15 to 20 minutes, or until lightly golden.
- Place cookies on a wire rack and let cool completely.
- Place small dollops of your chia jam in the indentation to serve.
- Grain free
- Gluten free
- Refined sugar free, low fructose
- Dairy free optional – utilise coconut oil
- Vegan, optional, replace butter with coconut oil, honey with stevia, leave egg out
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at JC’s Quality Foods Ingredients: 2 cups (300g) Buckwheat flour 1 ½ cups almond meal 1 tsp ground cinnamon ½ tsp sea salt flakes ¾ cup maple syrup ½ cup vegetable oil ⅓ cup raspberry jam Method: Preheat the...
Ingredients: Oil, for frying For the Pastry: 250g plain white flour 90g cornflour 70g caster sugar 3g sea salt 70g cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces 10ml cider vinegar 120g water For the Filling: 4 Granny Smiths apples, peeled, cored & roughly chopped 65g...
Ingredients:Makes 12 donuts Oil, for frying For the Dough: 1 cup lukewarm milk 1 tbsp dried yeast 1/3 cup caster sugar 3 egg yolks 1 tsp vanilla paste 4 tbsp soft butter 4 1/4 cups plain flour For the Custard: 1/2 cup sugar 3 tbsp cornflour 2 cups milk 4 yolks 2 tsps...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 200g plain flour 100 caster sugar 200ml milk, full fat 1 whole egg 1 egg yolk 50g butter Icing sugar, for dusting For Bananas: 75g caster sugar 30g butter, salted Banana...
Ingredients: 2 cups (300g) plain flour 3 tsp baking powder 1 cup (250ml) milk 2 ripe bananas 1 egg 1/3 cup (80g) brown sugar 2 tsp vanilla bean paste 1 tsp ground cinnamon 50g unsalted butter, melted, plus extra to brush 100g dark chocolate, chopped Golden syrup,...
Ingredients:Ingredients for the cookie dough 90g unsalted butter 80g soft light brown sugar 75g caster sugar 1tsp salt ½ tsp bicarbonate soda, sieved 1 eggs, whole 160g plain flour, sieved 100g milk chocolate buttons or block chopped 50g dark chocolate buttons or...