Thumb Print CookiesElena Duggan
- 125g Butter, grass-fed unsalted
- 75g Honey, raw and organic
- 2.5g /1tsp / Vanilla paste, or 1vanilla bean
- 150g Almond meal
- 50g Coconut flour
- 1lge Egg
- 25g Water (optional, as needed)
- 150g Chia Jam
- Preheat fan forced oven to 160° Celsius.
- Using a stand mixer or electric beater, beat together the butter, honey, and vanilla on medium, until smooth and fluffy.
- Reduce the mixer to low speed, and slowly add the almond and coconut flours and mix just until incorporated. Remove bowl from stand.
- Shape the mix into 2-3cm balls.
- Place the dough balls on your baking trays with gaps between each.
- Gently press the centre of the dough balls using your thumb, with even indentations into all cookies. Have a small bowl of water on hand to wet your thumb between cookies if dough is sticking.
- Beat egg and brush all cookies generously to promote a glossy golden surface on the baked cookies.
- Bake the cookies for 15 to 20 minutes, or until lightly golden.
- Place cookies on a wire rack and let cool completely.
- Place small dollops of your chia jam in the indentation to serve.
- Grain free
- Gluten free
- Refined sugar free, low fructose
- Dairy free optional – utilise coconut oil
- Vegan, optional, replace butter with coconut oil, honey with stevia, leave egg out
Ingredients: Makes 28 portions 12 eggs 800gm 900gm caster sugar 675gm 68% Madagascar chocolate 675gm-unsalted butter 225gm ground macadamia meal 225gm cocoa powder 300gm macadamia nuts Method: Preheat oven to 150 degrees Grease and line sponge tray with parchment...
Ingredients: 1 cup semolina 1 cup almonds, blanched, toasted and roughly chopped 2 cups self raising flour, sifted 2 tsp baking powder Rind of 1 lemon 6 eggs 250g butter at room temp Juice of 2 oranges 2 tbsp cognac or brandy 1 cup of caster. Sugar Shredded coconut as...
Ingredients: Makes 12 ¾ cup Australian almonds 1/3 cup rolled oats 2 tbsp cacao powder ½ tsp vanilla extract 12 medjool dates 3 tbsp cacao nibs 1 tbsp Australian almond oil Method: In a food processor blend ¼ cup of the almonds until they are crushed lightly but not...
Ingredients: Makes 2 small jars of jam and nut butter Jam ¼ cup fresh Australian raspberries ¼ cup fresh Australian blackberries ¼ cup fresh Australian strawberries ¼ cup fresh Australian blueberries ¼ cup fresh Australian red seedless grapes Splash Water ¼ cup chia...
Ingredients: Serves two 1/2 cup very cold vodka Juice of two limes 2 tablespoons sugar syrup 1/2 cup fresh raspberries 1/2 cup blueberries Approx 500ml sparkling water Ice Method: Bring together the vodka, lime juice, sugar syrup, raspberries, blueberries and...
Ingredients: 8 egg yolks 1 tsp vanilla extract 3 cups white sugar 3 litres of milk Pinch of salt 120g butter 2 cups semolina 15 sheets of fillo pastry 150g butter melted (approx.) Icing sugar + cinnamon to serve Method: Separate egg yolks from whites Add vanilla...