Pumpkin Persian Love CakeElena Duggan
- 500g Pumpkin, chopped then roasted at 180 degrees Celsius for 75 minutes with:
- 1 tsp Cinnamon Ground
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Pinch of Salt (yields approx. 400g)
- 250g Demerara Sugar
- 250g Butter, unsalted
- 250g Almond Meal
- 250g Jalna Greek Yoghurt, extra for serving
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 50g Rosewater
- 1 Vanilla Bean, seeds scraped
- 4 Eggs
- 100g Pistachios, shelled and roughly chopped
- 25g Edible Rose Petals, as garnish
- Jalna Greek yoghurt
- Preheat to 160°, fan forced.
- Combine butter, sugar and almond meal together in a bowl.
- Press approximately 1/3 of mixture into a lined and large, flat, greased cake tin.
- Mix cooled pumpkin, yoghurt, baking powder, rosewater, vanilla and eggs into the remaining 2/3 of mixture. The batter is quite moist, so don’t be alarmed.
- Pour into same cake tin; sprinkle half of the pistachios to cover the top of the cake.
- Bake for 75 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean, allow cooling.
- Garnish with remaining pistachios and rose petals. Serve with Greek yoghurt.
- Grain Free
- Gluten Free
Ingredients: Roasted bananas 300g Vanilla 1g Butter 112g Brown sugar 250g Eggs 100g Flour 275g Baking powder 10g Sea salt 5g Whipped Maple Butter Unsalted butter 250g Maple syrup 80g Sea salt 3g Method: Spread vanilla onto bananas, and roast in an oven at 180⁰c for 10...
Ingredients: 1 cup Laucke plain flour Pinch of salt 4 eggs 2 cups milk 40g butter crème fraîche Ricotta Filling 250 g smooth ricotta Finely grated zest of 1 lemon Honey, to taste Berry Sauce 2 cups frozen mixed berries 1 cup icing sugar To Serve Sprigs of mint,...
Ingredients: Smoothie 1 Australian papaya 2 Australian passion fruit Flesh of 1 Australian custard apple, seeds removed ½ Australian banana (use the other half for the topping) 2 tbsp coconut yoghurt Toppings 1 tbsp toasted coconut flakes ½ sliced Australian banana 2...
Ingredients: 31/4 cups (225g) fresh breadcrumbs 100g unsalted butter 11/4 cups (440g) golden syrup Grated zest of 1 orange, plus 3 tbsp juice Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg 1 cup (150g) pecan nuts, halved Icing sugar and vanilla ice cream, to serve Sweet pastry 12/3...
Ingredients: 1/3 cup Chia seeds 400 mls Coconut milk 3-5 tablespoons Pure maple syrup 1 tablespoon Pure vanilla extract 3 large Mangoes, peeled and diced 1 tablespoon Lime juice 1/4 Pineapple, peeled and diced 1 tablespoon Mint leaves or micro mint Freeze dried...
Ingredients: Flourless Orange Cake Oranges 3pcs Sugar 375g Ground cardamom 3g Cinnamon 1 large pinch Almond meal 450g Baking powder 7.5g Eggs 8 pcs Lemon Buttercream Eggs 110g Butter 500g Sugar 145g Water 40g Lemon juice 50g Method: Flourless Orange Cake Fill a pot...