Pumpkin Persian Love CakeElena Duggan
- 500g Pumpkin, chopped then roasted at 180 degrees Celsius for 75 minutes with:
- 1 tsp Cinnamon Ground
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Pinch of Salt (yields approx. 400g)
- 250g Demerara Sugar
- 250g Butter, unsalted
- 250g Almond Meal
- 250g Jalna Greek Yoghurt, extra for serving
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 50g Rosewater
- 1 Vanilla Bean, seeds scraped
- 4 Eggs
- 100g Pistachios, shelled and roughly chopped
- 25g Edible Rose Petals, as garnish
- Jalna Greek yoghurt
- Preheat to 160°, fan forced.
- Combine butter, sugar and almond meal together in a bowl.
- Press approximately 1/3 of mixture into a lined and large, flat, greased cake tin.
- Mix cooled pumpkin, yoghurt, baking powder, rosewater, vanilla and eggs into the remaining 2/3 of mixture. The batter is quite moist, so don’t be alarmed.
- Pour into same cake tin; sprinkle half of the pistachios to cover the top of the cake.
- Bake for 75 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean, allow cooling.
- Garnish with remaining pistachios and rose petals. Serve with Greek yoghurt.
- Grain Free
- Gluten Free
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at JC’s Quality Foods Ingredients: 1 ½ cups raw cashews 1 ½ desiccated coconut 3 medium ripe bananas, peeled and chopped 10 fresh dates, pitted 2 tsp vanilla extract ⅓ cup raw cacao powder ½ tsp bicarbonate of...
Ingredients: 500g unsalted room temp butter + extra for greasing 250g self-raising flour + extra for dusting 250g golden caster sugar 5 large free-range eggs 100ml milk ½ tsp vanilla extract ½ tp baking powder 250g quality dark chocolate (70%) 100g icing sugar 300g...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at JC’s Quality Foods Ingredients: 2 cups (300g) Buckwheat flour 1 ½ cups almond meal 1 tsp ground cinnamon ½ tsp sea salt flakes ¾ cup maple syrup ½ cup vegetable oil ⅓ cup raspberry jam Method: Preheat the...
Ingredients: Oil, for frying For the Pastry: 250g plain white flour 90g cornflour 70g caster sugar 3g sea salt 70g cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces 10ml cider vinegar 120g water For the Filling: 4 Granny Smiths apples, peeled, cored & roughly chopped 65g...
Ingredients:Makes 12 donuts Oil, for frying For the Dough: 1 cup lukewarm milk 1 tbsp dried yeast 1/3 cup caster sugar 3 egg yolks 1 tsp vanilla paste 4 tbsp soft butter 4 1/4 cups plain flour For the Custard: 1/2 cup sugar 3 tbsp cornflour 2 cups milk 4 yolks 2 tsps...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 200g plain flour 100 caster sugar 200ml milk, full fat 1 whole egg 1 egg yolk 50g butter Icing sugar, for dusting For Bananas: 75g caster sugar 30g butter, salted Banana...