Pumpkin Persian Love CakeElena Duggan
- 500g Pumpkin, chopped then roasted at 180 degrees Celsius for 75 minutes with:
- 1 tsp Cinnamon Ground
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Pinch of Salt (yields approx. 400g)
- 250g Demerara Sugar
- 250g Butter, unsalted
- 250g Almond Meal
- 250g Jalna Greek Yoghurt, extra for serving
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 50g Rosewater
- 1 Vanilla Bean, seeds scraped
- 4 Eggs
- 100g Pistachios, shelled and roughly chopped
- 25g Edible Rose Petals, as garnish
- Jalna Greek yoghurt
- Preheat to 160°, fan forced.
- Combine butter, sugar and almond meal together in a bowl.
- Press approximately 1/3 of mixture into a lined and large, flat, greased cake tin.
- Mix cooled pumpkin, yoghurt, baking powder, rosewater, vanilla and eggs into the remaining 2/3 of mixture. The batter is quite moist, so don’t be alarmed.
- Pour into same cake tin; sprinkle half of the pistachios to cover the top of the cake.
- Bake for 75 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean, allow cooling.
- Garnish with remaining pistachios and rose petals. Serve with Greek yoghurt.
- Grain Free
- Gluten Free
Ingredients: Makes 28 portions 12 eggs 800gm 900gm caster sugar 675gm 68% Madagascar chocolate 675gm-unsalted butter 225gm ground macadamia meal 225gm cocoa powder 300gm macadamia nuts Method: Preheat oven to 150 degrees Grease and line sponge tray with parchment...
Ingredients: 1 cup semolina 1 cup almonds, blanched, toasted and roughly chopped 2 cups self raising flour, sifted 2 tsp baking powder Rind of 1 lemon 6 eggs 250g butter at room temp Juice of 2 oranges 2 tbsp cognac or brandy 1 cup of caster. Sugar Shredded coconut as...
Ingredients: Makes 12 ¾ cup Australian almonds 1/3 cup rolled oats 2 tbsp cacao powder ½ tsp vanilla extract 12 medjool dates 3 tbsp cacao nibs 1 tbsp Australian almond oil Method: In a food processor blend ¼ cup of the almonds until they are crushed lightly but not...
Ingredients: Makes 2 small jars of jam and nut butter Jam ¼ cup fresh Australian raspberries ¼ cup fresh Australian blackberries ¼ cup fresh Australian strawberries ¼ cup fresh Australian blueberries ¼ cup fresh Australian red seedless grapes Splash Water ¼ cup chia...
Ingredients: Serves two 1/2 cup very cold vodka Juice of two limes 2 tablespoons sugar syrup 1/2 cup fresh raspberries 1/2 cup blueberries Approx 500ml sparkling water Ice Method: Bring together the vodka, lime juice, sugar syrup, raspberries, blueberries and...
Ingredients: 8 egg yolks 1 tsp vanilla extract 3 cups white sugar 3 litres of milk Pinch of salt 120g butter 2 cups semolina 15 sheets of fillo pastry 150g butter melted (approx.) Icing sugar + cinnamon to serve Method: Separate egg yolks from whites Add vanilla...