Spinach and Ricotta ParcelsSimone Austin
- 1kg fresh ricotta
- 3 eggs
- 1 brown onion
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 10 scoops Glucerna Powder
- 250g frozen spinach
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 6 slices thin ham or bacon
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano
- Black pepper
- Puff pastry- 8 sheets
- ½ cup tasty cheese
- 4 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon sweet Hungarian paprika
- Sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 210 degrees Celsius.
- Dice the onion finely. Chop the bacon or ham into small pieces.
- Heat the oil in a pan and when warm fry the onion and bacon until golden brown. Cool slightly.
- In a mixing bowl add all the other ingredients apart from the pastry.
- Add the onion and bacon mixture and stir until combined.
- Take one sheet of puff pastry at a time and place 1/8th of the mixture into each sheet. Fold up into a parcel, moistening the edges of the pastry with water to stick together as they are folded. Brush lightly with water and sprinkle with sesame seeds on top.
- Back in a hot oven, 210 degrees Celsius until the pastry has puffed and turned golden brown. Serve with a side of vegetables or salad.
For more details on Glucerna, go to glucerna.com.au
You can have small bite sized ones for parties, snacks and to take on picnics. They freeze very well.
Ingredients: 4 cups Cooked short medium rice (piping hot) 1 Carrot (julienned) 1 Zucchini (julienned) 8 Dried shiitake mushrooms (rehydrated in warm water for at least 1 hr, sliced) 1 pack Enoki mushrooms, separated 4 Radishes, thinly sliced 1 cup Shelled edamame...
Ingredients: 4 x Burger buns Brioche 600g beef mince (formed into 150g balls) ½ red onion finely diced 100g garlic and dill pickles “Maclures “ or similar 4tbsp tomato ketchup Monteray jack cheese slices (4x 50g slices) 100g Kewpie mayo 20g Hot English mustard Salt...
Ingredients: Pumpkin Seed Hummus 300g pepita seeds soaked in water 30g garlic 120ml lemon juice 120gm tahini 250ml water 250g evo Tahini Green Goddess Dressing 3 cloves garlic peeled Juice of 1 lemon 60mls Salt 100g tahini 250ml EVO 1 cup of water 1 tablespoon caper 1...
Ingredients: 1 x Laucke Brioche Mix Sliced jalapeno chilli pickled 600g chicken tenders sunflower oil for frying Kewpee sesame dressing Pineapple Iceberg lettuce ½ cup butter milk / yoghurt Crumb 1 ½ cup chickpea flour 1 tsp onion powder ¼ tsp cayenne pepper ¼ tsp...
Ingredients: Dineamic Sweet Potato and Coconut Curry Cauliflower rice Roti bread Yoghurt Mint Method: Place the pouch in a pot of simmering water for 10 minutes. Cauliflower rice is super easy to make if you have a food processor. Chop the floret of cauliflower and...
Ingredients: 1-2 Safcol tins smoked trout 1 tub full fat cream cheese 1 tbsp dill chopped finely chopped 1 tbsp finely chopped red onion or banana shallot 1tbsp baby capers Juice of 1 lemon Salt Pepper To serve Cucumber sticks Carrot sticks Celery sticks And or...
Ingredients: 1 round of white sliced bread per doughnut sandwich 1 tablespoon or as required Strawberry jam 1 tablespoon or as required Nutella spread Butter as required 500mls vegetable oil 1 cup caster sugar 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder Batter 1 cup Self raising...
Ingredients: Lemon Curd 330mls Lemons juice and zest of 1 lemon 8 egg yolks 8 whole eggs 450gm unsalted butter cubed 320gm caster sugar Italian Meringue 200mls water 200gm caster sugar 150gm egg whites Pinch cream of tartar The Cheesecake - Sponge base 125gm butter...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500g cherries 4 eggs 100g flour 100g granulated sugar 300ml milk 1 vanilla bean 30g butter 1 pinch of salt Method: Wash, wipe, de-stalk and stone the cherries. Butter a spring form pan then pour in the prepared cherries. In a...
Ingredients: Bread 2 cups (250g) all-purpose flour 1 teaspoon baking soda 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon 1 large egg, at room temperature* 3/4 cup (150g) caster sugar 1/4 cup (50g) soft brown sugar 1 cup (240ml) buttermilk (no substitutions) 1/3 cup...
Ingredients: 3 Peaches cut in half 2 tbsp Vanilla sugar (or plain caster if you don’t have vanilla sugar) 1 cup milk 3 eggs 2 tbsp butter melted ½ cup flour Crème friache to serve Method: Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Cut you peaches in half and toss in the vanilla...
Ingredients: Serves 4 1 1/2 cups Whole oats 3 cups Coconut water 1 cup Coconut cream 2 stalks Rhubarb, chopped 2 Apples, peeled and cored 1 cup Raspberries, fresh or frozen 1 cup Strawberries, sliced 1 Orange, zest and juice 3 tablespoons Pure maple syrup 1 Cinnamon...